GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

150k GTI MkV ???

Dudeolim

Car(s)
Mom's Outlander
I dont know too much about these cars, pretty new. This would be my first car. There is no emissions testing where I live but I dont know how bad the exhaust leak is. Haven't looked at rust yet it's in the rust belt. Worth a look or a buy? What do I look for? Thanks for any advice.
Screenshot_20220220-184815_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-191602_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-191602_Facebook.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220220-191604_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-191604_Facebook.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 47

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Possibly go take a look at it and bring your own vagcom scan tool to scan it to see why the check engine light is on. You could also ask if you can have a PPI done at a shop that deals with VW and have them go through the car top to bottom.

T_Rex

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Possibly go take a look at it and bring your own vagcom scan tool to scan it to see why the check engine light is on. You could also ask if you can have a PPI done at a shop that deals with VW and have them go through the car top to bottom.
Just wondering, I see that the flex pipe is only $21 at ECS. I know it's supposed to be welded, but have you ever seen anyone just muffler clamp it into place - successfully?

Also, I agree with you GTI's, definitely a BYOS deal... bring yo own scanner. It at least looks like owner is being honest... however he may only be disclosing some of the more minor issues to make himself seem honest while hiding some of the more major issues. The "blower motor" issue seems to be a bit of a ref flag to me. The blowers use a control module, of course... you can buy an OE for around $20 (FCP Euro) or a third party Chinese design for around $10, maybe? I see OP lives in Maine (great state, btw) - but Maine winters are friggin cold, so he ignores a blower motor that only goes onto the second setting, in Maine, when it's such an easy fix???