GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.9 BXE engine?

rmills55

Car(s)
2008 mk5 1.9tdi
Hi all, new here!

First of all, I use to have a 2007 polo gti, which I absolutely loved until someone come out of a junction taking the entire side out! Since then I've had a 2013, and 2 2016 seat Leon's. I've just sold my latest as I've always loved the golf and wanted one over my polo! So I decided since i don't drive regularly but when I do its usually a good 30 mile trip, I'd get myself a tdi mk5, which was the 'bigger brother' of my polo!

So with car prices in the UK at the moment it's hard to find a decent deal, but luckily I knew a local farmer who was getting rid of his wires car because of the low emissions zone coming in soon.

So I paid just under £2000 for a 2008 1.9tdi with just under 90k miles. It's been serviced by himself every 10k miles (I was often there as a helping hand) , and had the cambelt/waterpump done last year. Had all new brakes ect so I feel like I got a good deal! He owned since 2010.

So here's my question, so since buying it I've discovered it has the BXE engine, I think. Its also the DPF model according to 'mycarcheck'.

So do I need to do that conrod bearing thing with the bolt? Is it pricy as something that technical I cannot do myself! And what millage should I have it done by? As it probsbly be 3 years before I break the 100k mark!

Only other issue I know of is it seems to be 'pulsing' under the clutch at stationary speeds or 1st/2nd. Its always there just not so apparent and its never so bad I'd worry. He said it'd been like it since he'd got it, and I do seem to remmeber when I borrowed the car for an afternoon a few years back it was the same! Then I gotta finally work out what I'm doing about this stupid ipod Dock in arm rest, I don't want the hassle of finding a stereo that works with steering wheel controls without having to run alot of new wires!

Thank you for any suggestions!