GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Street Density Mounts Install/Review

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I have had these mounts sitting around for some time though I just have have been unable to find the time to install until now. I choose those mounts due to the OEM look and positive reviews I had read.

After having nightmares of previous cars I have had with aftermarket mounts I have been very very reluctant to install aftermarket mounts. I noticed on the last couple dyno trips I had that the engine would rock back and forth violently which is the reason for the wheel hop I would experience on some occasions.

Even though this modification is straight forward, I used this install guide to make things easy.. (this is for the SPM mounts but the install is the same)

http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49164

Link to the mounts I am now using..

http://www.034motorsport.com/chassi...wagen-8j-8p-audi-20t-fsi-32l-vr6-p-21995.html

Features:

Manufactured from 60 Durometer (Street Density) or 80 Durometer (Track Density) Rubber with Void-Free Construction
Reduced Drivetrain Slop
Decreased Engine Movement Under Load
More Direct Power Transfer
Improved Shifting Feel
Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Engine/Transmission Mounts

For the transmission side, First you need to remove the Battery..

Remove the Battery holder and move the wires away..

Remove the OEM mount. Here are some shots of the two side by side, OEM is on the right..

Add the 034 Transmission mount back in. It fits like a glove and looks OEM!

Time to remove the Passenger side engine mount..

OEM on the right and 034 on the left. The 034 mount looks a little beefier but still looks very OEM'ish!

Next you just install the 034 Engine mount..

With everything back together you can never tell..

Overall I am very impressed with the fitment. These are nothing like what I have dealt with in the past with other aftermarket mounts. The 034 Street Density mounts fit perfect and only took about an hour. I started it up and drove around the block and did notice a very very slight vibration but no added sounds. I will report back with more impressions after I log some miles.

:thumbup:

Moby_Wan_Kenobi

Passed Driver's Ed
Good write up and initial review, thanks. Been looking into this too but reluctant to replace the factory mounts. Cant wait to see how you like them after some driving.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Just an FYI for those folks with a DSG tranny like me. I am running the same mounts on my MKV and while at a stop sign with my foot on the brake while in D is when I get the most vibration and it is very noticeable/annoying. Manual trans folks won't feel that of course. However when underway it feels pretty much stock.

Update over a year later - 12/1/2014 - the initial vibration I mention above eventually subsides after a few months and I barely notice it at all now. Again I feel no extra vibration at all except at a stop light as described.

Last edited:

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I have about 1000 miles on these now and I am still impressed with the lack of vibrations. I have only a minor amount if any vibrations compared to stock. I am also running a modified energy suspension insert so perhaps that helps keep the vibrations at bay.

:)

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for the review, this might be my next mod, that or coilovers.

mlody91

Ready to race!
Bump, I'm eyeing these mounts and curious about the modified energy suspension insert you mentioned.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Interested in seeing more people's thoughts with these mounts.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Interested in seeing more people's thoughts with these mounts.

I had these installed last week, along with the HPA red dogbone mount and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, motor is solid & no NVH that I can notice. However i'm not as sensitive to things like that, as some people are.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I had these installed last week, along with the HPA red dogbone mount and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, motor is solid & no NVH that I can notice. However i'm not as sensitive to things like that, as some people are.

Are you MT or DSG? Can't see from phone. I know a lot of MT guys love the HPA puck but most DSG don't because of the vibrations. Swapping from BFI Stage I mounts to 034 Street mounts Monday and removing my subframe insert as well so I'll see how that goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CobraKing

Ready to race!
Are you MT or DSG? Can't see from phone. I know a lot of MT guys love the HPA puck but most DSG don't because of the vibrations. Swapping from BFI Stage I mounts to 034 Street mounts Monday and removing my subframe insert as well so I'll see how that goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He's MT, has it just below his username.

I've had the 'Street' density mounts on my car along with an Autotech insert for the past 2 years. Very satisfied with them - car is not tuned though but this combination of mounts has improved a very sloppy drive-train.