GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

Cam chain and tensioner noise

Hey guys, I have just replaced my cam chain and tensioner on my GTI mk5 and it makes strange noise when the connector controlling the camshaft adjustement is connected (when not, it runs sweet) , althought the connector is in a bad shape, it wasn't doing this sound before I changed the chain, is...
  2. V

Brake booster hose

Just a quick one, I'll be replacing this hose going into brake booster... the coupling on the left side on the picture that is going straight into booster, am I suppose just to ''pull the old one, push in the new one'' out or is there any other mystery waiting for me behind the closed door??:iono:
  3. V

Part number of this part???

Hey guys, as title says, I'm looking for part number of this part that seems like some kind of camshaft sensor, can I replace it as separate part?? As the connector on the top is broken and hanging by thread.
  4. V

Light bulbs are playing up a bit

Hey guys, my car has been having issues recently, specifically lights..... my front right parking light is working around 1 in 10 tries, but when it working, then the LED bulb is alight only on the sides, not the front: Then sometimes I'm having a problem with licence plate bulbs (also LED) and...
  5. V

Erratic idle VW GTI mk5

Hey folks! I've been having this issue for a long time now, when my car is idling...it's not perfect, I can feel this occasional shudder now and then. I have already changed so many parts but no luck..... Parts changed: 1. rocker cover gasket 2. sparg plugs 3. ignition coils 4. diverter valve 5...
  6. V

PCV valve issue GTI mk5

Hey! My car have been having this idling issue, basically it's running fine, but my idle is far from ideal for me, it's these occacional hiccups, shuddering....it's not a lot, but you can feel it inside the cabin. Since then I've changed my DV valve (as a part of preventive maintanance), high...
  7. V

Engine misfires

Hello there! Last weekend I was changing valve cover gasket and sparkplugs, but I noticed yesterday after 500 miles trip (having my car cooled down a bit) that my car is having hiccups while idling. So I plugged in diagnostics to see if there are any misfires and it confirms misfires on cylinder...