GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Tailgate wiring loom broken

Hi I have an issue where I had to install a new rubber. Grommet in the tailgate left side, I cut the wires from the harness in order to get new grommet on. I colour coded cables both side of the cut and taped off the piece I had to pull through the grommet. my colour codings came off when...
  2. N

I’ve made a balls of installing rear led lights

As title suggests I’ve got the jom type 2 rear led lights ive installed them to the car no issues when coming to wire them I can’t fit them through the boot lid rubber grommet it’s not wide enough I think one of the clips broke on the rubber grommet attaching to the car body has anyone...
  3. N

Stone chips

Hi there have a 2008 mkv gti in white, multiple small stone chips on bonnet and one small one on passenger wing can I try tackle this myself and get some touch up paint or am I just better off leaving it to a professional they are all small in size but don’t want to leave it thanks
  4. N

Cold air intake- worth it?

Hi I’m at 140k miles and have been thinking of some upgrades for my gti mkv. Car was revo stage 1 when I bought it, aside from that am stock. I’ve read so many differing stories on intakes I just wanted to see what the status quo is on them I was thinking of getting a bsh true seal intake...
  5. N

130k mile DSG- what to consider

Hi , A 2008 3 door dsg has come up for sale in a local dealership who i have had lots of work done on my on mkv, it’s owned by one of the guys there. The car has had full history and all the dsg changes done, serviced at correct intervals etc. Aside from the usual areas to consider when...
  6. N

3” catback with new stock cat

Hi, So I think my cat is shot , I’m getting rattled from it when accelerating, and also can hear it rattle when going over a bump. In the case that I do replace it with oem cat, if I get a 3” catback system is there any pitfalls of doing same. I’m not intending to go stage 2 so if I would...
  7. N

Thud noises on roundabout

Hi , Looking for opinions , getting a repeated thud noise when cornering tightly (roundabouts for instance) 2x CV joints and boots done 2 weeks ago as was getting some clicking noises previously so I know they are not bad. The subframe spacers were also done at the time as well. Any ideas of...
  8. N

Misfire in cylinder 1, coils plugs and injector changed

Hi Car is currently sitting in dealership as it had started misfiring straight after some work was done on car. As title suggests it’s had all three components now done, still rough idle and misfires at idle as well. Cold start is bad with above symptoms once I get going it’s not bad at all...
  9. N

Misfire in cylinder 1

Hi guys, Had my mkv gti in for some work in my local vw lately, car had the following items done: New Manifold- including motor & adjuster, new injector seals etc. Thermostat replaced Cam follower replaced as precaution (no signs of wear on cam) Full service incl. all filters and spark...
  10. N

Rough idle in traffic

Hi guys, Just got my car back after getting lot of work done in main dealer. Mani replaced new thermostat and service incl. spark plugs. Just done along drive in it and pulled in half way to get some food, noticed vibration in cabin like a misfire but engine is moving which is causing the...
  11. N

Rough idea when in traffic

Hi guys, Rough idle when in traffic Just got my car back after getting lot of work done in main dealer. Mani replaced new thermostat and service incl. spark plugs. Just done along drive in it and pulled in half way to get some food, noticed vibration in cabin like a misfire but engine is...
  12. N

My GTI MKV story thus far...

Hi all, New to the forum and just wanted to share my on-going story with my 2008 GTI MKV 5 door. Bought the car late 2017 for €8.5k, some VW service history but not full history. Bit of a panic buy and not one of my finer moments. Have driven the car for c. 2 weeks since I have owned it...
  13. N

Pilot sports or f1 asymmetric

Hi , I’m sure this has been badgered to death over the years but here goes. From reviews I’ve read the 2 tires in the subject appear to be the most popular. I’m more interested to hear about people’s actual experience of both, and any other tire that you feel have performed well. Before...
  14. N

Revised rear camber and toe

Hi all, Remember hearing that there was supposedly revised figures for rear suspension to reduce the effects on inner tyre wear. Just wondering what the rear camber and toe should be before purchasing new tires and getting it laser aligned Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. N

Gti interior variations

Hi all New to the forum and new to the GTI ownership. I recently purchased a 2008 mkv gti here in Ireland . It has the tartan interior and air conditioning. Most of the images I have seen of interiors of gti mkvs have the climate control features in it. My car has the multi function...