GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Calico Coated Rod Bearing Set for VW (IE rods)

Brand new Calico Coated Rod Bearing Set for VW/Audi 4CYL With IE Rods IMPORTANT: Factory rods do not accept tang bearings and are not compatible, these are for use when installing with IE Rods only I have IE Forged rods also for sale; PM if interested in both and we could work a deal. Doing...
  2. W

IE Forged Drop-In Connecting Rods VW Audi 144x20

Brand new - vaccuum sealed in original box Fits MK5/B7 FSI 2.0T EA113 With Stock Pistons Also selling a Calico Rod bearing set to go with it. Please PM me if interested in both items and we could work a deal. Preferably local pickups but can ship as well. Location: Miami, FL. Price: $400 More...
  3. W

Odd steering/poor handling

so guess this forum is dead....
  4. W

Odd steering/poor handling

Hi everyone, I need some help, I've been having this issue with my car for a while now and I still can't figure out what's causing it. I've replaced the steering rack, checked all tie rods, wheel bearings, sway bars, end links, done alignments, replaced tires, replaced strut mounts, front...
  5. W

Timing advance having no effect in power

So I did reach out to them and they told me to contact my local Revo dealer, I called my local Revo dealer (there’s only one in all of south Florida) and they told me that if im hitting 20-23 psi of boost then I haven’t lost the map and that the sps must be working fine if it’s letting me change...
  6. W

Btw I’m located in South Florida where is HOT and humid as balls right now 🥵
  7. W

hey guys, so I've been having this issue for almost a year now where my turbo wouldn't have a boost spike anymore, it still builds and holds boost fine until redline but the spike it had before is now gone, I did everything possible, checked for boost leaks, replaced N75, DV, PCV valve...
  8. W

Boost leak at the MAP sensor

Lol yeah I did two layers just in case, thought it would seal even better with two instead of just one since the film is really thin…I’ll go for a long drive tomorrow on the highway where I can hit peak boost and will see if it holds 🤞🤞🤞
  9. W

ok so I decided to give that a try, I applied lamin-x to both surfaces, I put one layer on the flat surface of the sensor and another layer on the flat surface of the pipe, then stick them together, went for a drive, made sure I did couple of pulls where I hit max boost, no leaks so far...hope I...
  10. W

I did, I contacted them, and sent them pictures as well, they said they have never heard of anyone having this issue before... I also searched everywhere on the web, couldn't find anyone having any issue similar to this one... pardon my ignorance, what's lamin-x? isn't that like protective...
  11. W

Hi guys, looking for some help/advice. I’ve been dealing with this issue for a while now, and don’t know what else to do. I have this constant fluid/boost leak at the MAP sensor bung located on the throttle body pipe. I have a CTS Turbo tb pipe that has a bung for water/meth injection right...
  12. W

MAP sensor o-ring material?

Does anyone know the material of the green o-ring on our map sensors? Is it silicone? Rubber? Tried searching everywhere and can’t find it. Thanks in advance
  13. W

Loss of boost spike?

thanks for replying. I’ve already checked all of that, haven’t been able to find any cracks or leaks, also there’s almost zero shaft play at the turbo so I know that’s not the issue, WG flapper doesn’t seem to be loose, I also replaced the N75 recently thinking it could’ve been that and made...
  14. W

Loss of boost spike?

Hey guys, it’s been a while but I’ve finally gotten around to working on this issue (was dealing with other things and work matter) anyways, since I’ve put a pause on the issue with the high oil consumption for now(since looks like it will require to rebuild the engine head), I decided to...
  15. W

High oil consumption (1L/1K miles)

Well the oil loss issue has been happening almost ever since I bought the car, not at the rate it is now though, it has gotten worse with the years...after I removed the PCV I didn’t notice any changes..other than the thing with noticing more oil inside the boost pipes, but taking out the PCV...
  16. W

Here’s the 1k miles after update: Unfortunately, there’s still high oil consumption....so looks like the valve cover wasn’t the culprit after all since it’s still burning around 1L/1k miles. so what’s next now? Valve guide seals maybe? Should I just go straight to doing a whole engine head...
  17. W

Forge WGA - K04

I’ve physically inspected the WG and it looks good, flapper is not loose..not signs of tear either...didn’t do the vacuum test tho since I didn’t have one with me at the time...but honestly I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the WG itself since I’m able to hold boost fine and the peak...
  18. W

Forge WGA - K04

Hi all, I've been having some issues with my boost for a while and I think I've been able to narrow it down to my WG (whole thread for this: https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?threads/loss-of-boost-spike.379914/), so I'm thinking of replacing my OEM actuator with the Forge one (yellow...
  19. W

well..glad I’m not the only one who’s like that lol..yup, that’s also my main reason why I wanted to swap the tb hose..it bothers me to have that extra branch in there that’s not being used..I also read somewhere that it shouldn’t matter since it’s pressurized air passing through..it wouldn’t...
  20. W

So I have another question for you, @ROH ECHT, maybe you can help me.. I have the Unitronic DV relocation kit, which uses a Y-shaped silicone adapter to connect the DV right before the TB, however, recently I decided to get the CTS TB pipe because I needed something with a port for water/meth...