GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. rabid_rabbit

DIY - Stock Injectors replacement

I've been scanning through the forum and I don't see a DIY on how to replace a faulty injector. I would really like to do this myself rather than send it to the stealership. Does anyone know anyone who's done it? What is the process? Is there any resetting that needs to be done after the...
  2. rabid_rabbit

DSG lags in D

Hey guys, Lately i've been experiencing something like a lag in the shifts when I'm in D mode, mostly in the lower gears. It used to change gears at about 2,500 when just cruising normally but lately, it kinda sticks to the gear a bit longer and changes at about 3-3.5rpm. Is anyone else...
  3. rabid_rabbit

VAGCOM - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow P0441 ---- HELP!

I've been checking my car lately and I've been getting this fault code. Efforts to clear it using VAGCOM do NOT work. 001089 - EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow P0441 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent Before you say " Use the Search option" Yes, i've searched the forum and I...
  4. rabid_rabbit

Any news about clutch packs for DSG?

I've been doing a little research lately about clutch packs for the DSG to solve that high torque problem on the transmission. As fas as i'm concerned, the only two companies that i've found to be working on clutch packs are HPA Motorsport and MTM. Does anyone know of any other companies...
  5. rabid_rabbit

APR Stage 1 - V1.1

I just updated my Stage 1 file to v1.1 and my car is feeling a little sluggish. According to my boost gauge, i'm peaking at 13 psi. When I was using v1.0 this morning, i was peaking at abt 18-19 psi. It started feeling sluggish straight after. My fast isn't pulling as hard as it used to. What...
  6. rabid_rabbit

MkV vs Evo 9

I'm just posting this just to share my experience with everyone. Last night I met up with a friend who drives an Evo 9. I wanted to know what level I was at with my current set up so I asked him if we could have a run or two. There were 4 runs altogether, all 1st gear rolling starts at...
  7. rabid_rabbit

VAGCOM - what faultcode is this n why am I getting it???

012403 - Fuel Pump Circuit: Electrical Malfunction P3073 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent I get this fault code a lot when I vagcom my fast. Since I changed my mounts (which is about 1 week ago) the code has appeared 5 times. Does anyone know what it means and the...
  8. rabid_rabbit

VF Engineering Mounts

After waiting for so long I've finally got all 3 of the VF mounts installed and i gotta say this has to be one of the most satisfying mods I've done as a GTI owner. I read a couple of other threads sometime ago n they mentioned there wasn't any cabin vibration. I'd like to correct that. There...
  9. rabid_rabbit

DSG Clutch Kit ???

Has anyone heard anything about a clutch kit for the DSG transmission? I heard neuspeed was working on one but just rumours.... anyone?
  10. rabid_rabbit

APR Stage 1 - Boost PSI

Hey, as the title says...Can someone tell me the average boost on Stage 1, 97 RON? I think that's 93 Oct in the US. i THINK i'm boosting at 17-18 psi, according to vagcom and my boost gauge. What is everyone else getting? Am i getting lower boost than others... :help: Thanks for your input...
  11. rabid_rabbit

VAGCOM questions.

Hi, can someone please tell me how measure boost using vagcom? There's sooooo much information you can get using vagcom, So much that it can get confusing. I'm a vagcom newbie so i'm still trying to get used to it and get the most out of the software. I know I'll have other questions later so...
  12. rabid_rabbit

Engine Mounts

I don't really hear much about engine mounts in the forum which leads me to believe everyone is happy with their stock mounts. It may not be such a big thing but I'm just curious that's all. U might have talked about this already anyways. i wanna get the VF engineering pendulum and side engine...
  13. rabid_rabbit

Morego "Power Grip Suspension Kit"

Has anyone heard about this mod? I saw this article in UK-based "Volkswagen Driver" (GTI Special - July 2007) and it was about creating negative chamber by extended the wishbones to create oversteer. Has anyone (in the UK especially) had this fitted on their GTI???? I'm really curious about...
  14. rabid_rabbit

Koni FSDs + Original Springs

Hi, i'm just asking those who are using Koni Fsds but have still maintained their original springs. How has this worked out for you? I'm currently researching suspension and have KW, Bilstein or Koni. I'd like to hear about your experience with the FSD-Stock Springs combination... thanks.
  15. rabid_rabbit

Which OBDII cable should i get?

I'm really interested in gettintg VAG-COM but i'm not sure which cable to get. I went to ross-tech.com to see what type of OBDII cable i should get but i'm not sure which one to pick. It's for personal use so do i pick the KEY-series or Micro-CAN? What is everyone else using? I have this great...
  16. rabid_rabbit

EPC in the instrument display

This is probably gonna sound like a stupid question but what does it mean when EPC is flashing in the instrument cluster? I checked the manual but i can't seem to find anything on this. please Help?:confused:
  17. rabid_rabbit

DSG Clutch Kit

Does anyone know when a clutch kit is coming out for the DSG transmission? Which company will be releasing one sometime soon? if any...:confused:
  18. rabid_rabbit

Just installed = OSIR Front Lip & CF Rear Bumper

Hey peepz, Here's what i've done with my car. Just installed an Osir front lip and rear bumper. The designs from Osir are great! I think i'll get more CF bits from them soon. Thanks Osir! I just added the pic of my rims just for the hell of it :smile:
  19. rabid_rabbit

APR K04 Turbo Upgrade on a DSG?

Just wondering if anyone knows... Can a MkV DSG install this K04 turbo upgrade? I mean, since the DSG has some issues in the high torque areas, can it take it? I noticed some DSG owners in stage 2 already and not experiencing any problems, but does anyone have this turbo upgrade installed?
  20. rabid_rabbit

DSG to 6-speed conversion (possible???)

Like so many others out there, before i got my GTI i was stuck with deciding whether to go with the DSG or the 6-speed. After considering traffic and this car being my daily driver, i went with the DSG. Since then i have had this nagging feeling inside telling me "You should have got the...