GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Fuel Gauge/Pump Issue

By adaption can I assume this means to calibrate the new fuel pump sending unit? Based on my reading of the VAG-COM that appears to be what's happing. I wonder if a OBD Eleven scan tool can achieve this as well? Thanks!
  2. C

Fuel Gauge/Pump Issue

What is this "adaption" you speak of? thanks!
  3. C

Fuel Gauge/Pump Issue

I searched the forums to see if I could find any discussion on my particular issue, but the symptoms I read were not the same as mine. So I thought I would post my question here. My '07 is having an issue with the fuel gauge where it either doesn't show the accurate fuel amount or will not...
  4. C

Broke Brake pad Wear Sensor Connector

Was doing break service on my MKV and when trying to disconnect the wire sensor I pulled a little too hard and pulled the connectors off of the wear sensor! Any suggestions on how to repair my mistake would be greatly appreciated!
  5. C

FS MKV Parts

Is the bumper still available and for what year is this?
  6. C

Sunroof Drain Tube

Thanks the for the info but I was needing to replace headliner anyway, but this should allow me to delay that repair. So now my car has a very nasty odor from the water saturated padding/carpet! I've used a wet vac to remove as much water as possible and run a fan an heater to dry it out...
  7. C

Sunroof Drain Tube

Well that was an option as well! But now I have to pull the headliner to see if the tubing has detached or needs replacing as the leak where the A frame and room meets is leaking like crazy!
  8. C

Sunroof Drain Tube

Just wanted to provide an update. So ended up splicing on an extension to the drain tube. I first cut off about 3-4" of the drain tube and I put a 1/2" OD clear tube on the top part of the drain tube and the cut off piece. Doing this I was able to get the drain tube into the drain grommet...
  9. C

Sunroof Drain Tube

So I discovered that my sunroof has been leaking ... passenger side front and back floor were soaked and there was a hideous smell! traced the leak to the passenger side drain tube that meets at the front. Question for group is how do I get the tube re-inserted/attached to the tube that runs...
  10. C

indiana

Hoping there's some folks still in the Indy area that might still in this chat! So .... have a s 2007 MKV and will be starting some "fix" projects that previous owner applied to GTI and while I'm mechanically proficient I wouldn't mind having some morale support nearby! Projects include...
  11. C

Inexpensive Down Pipe Replacement Suggestions

So it would appear I need a new down pipe, or to me more specific the flex pipe. While I would like to upgrade the entire exhaust system to get improved sound, and performance, but right now I just need to get the get the down pipe fixed. Are there suggestions for an affordable option or is...
  12. C

Needing Exhaust

Anyone do an exhaust upgrade for a 2007 MKV and would like to sell their original exhaust? I'm in need for replacing my original exhaust to prepare to sell my car, otherwise I would upgrade to larger pipes. Thanks, clarusmoof
  13. C

PlastiDip Removal

Anyone have any experience/suggestions on removing PlastiDip from rims? Thanks, Jerry
  14. C

Rim & Tire Question

Bought a 2007 GTI and it came with Nexen 215/45R17 tires and what appear to be the original rims that have just been powder coated black. I'm now in need of replacing the tires and was wondering could I go back to the original 225/45R17 tires using the existing rims? How do I determine the rim...
  15. C

Intercooler Pipe Question

So I bought a 2007 GTI and it had already had some mods. But upon further investigation the mods are not what I would call "standard" or "ideal". Specifically, the front mount intercooler pipe appears to be a home welding project that protrudes into the fog lamp cover area. So much so that...
  16. C

Center wheel cap

So I’m trying to remove the center wheel cap but can’t seem to figure it out. Is it just a flat head screwdriver and pry it off? Thanks Jerry Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. C

OH OH Turbo lost boost

Hey everybody, need your assistance! Was just driving home and starting hearing this ever so slight whosh noise, then after going through a stop sign the engine surged a couple times during acceleration. I took my foot off the accelerator and allowed the surge to stop. I then reapplied the...
  18. C

What is this?

Can someone assist me in identifying this particular part? It sits in the upper right corner of the engine near the firewall. As you can see the connector is broken and I would like to replace it if I knew what it was and to ask for! Thanks! Clarusmoof
  19. C

Looking for stock intake

I bought a 2007 MKV and it has a Ingen intake installed. From the different intakes I've seen, it would appear the Ingen intake doesn't seem to fit well. So, I was just thinking of returning to the stock intake. Anyone have the stock intake parts for sale? Thanks! Clarusmoof