GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

Bad clutch master cylinder experiences?

So I recently installed a new DKM stage 2 kit and today at 800 miles on the clutch I cannot get the car into any gear after getting off the highway. I could push the pedal to the ground and barely sneak it into gear to get home. Even in first with the clutch fully pressed in, itll creep forward...
  2. H

F16 Fuse and passenger side bumper marking light issue

So Ive been chasing an issue with the front passenger side marking light not working. Its a new bulb and the connections are okay. Well tonight I went out and was messing with 5amp F16 fuse and noticed when I pulled it and put it back in, the light would come on for about 5 seconds then turn...
  3. H

ISO: Clutch kit with single mass flywheel

Looking for a clutch kit for my 08 FSI 6 speed GTI
  4. H

Which of these two clutch kits?

So my stock clutch just went out on my 08 Stage 2 FSI and financially I'm not able to afford a performance clutch kit. Ive read that the stock one can handle up to stage 2+ and that seemed to be the case considering my car has 180k on it with 50k of that being stage 2. Now these are the two...
  5. H

Bad DMF?

Grinding knocking noise when in neutral and idling with clutch out, when clutch is pushed in, noise goes away. Raises with RPM's. Also a very loud knocking noise, when accelerating in 1st and 2nd. But it goes away when I let off the gas. Does this sound like a bad DMF?
  6. H

New oil filter housing and gasket. Still leaking?

So I just replaced my oil filter housing and gasket on my 08 FSI and it is still leaking oil. Drove it around a few days and parked it, to find a decent sized puddle underneath my car. Any ideas?
  7. H

Will a A3 FSI K03 fit 08 FSI GTI?

Just picked up a low mileage turbo off a FSI A3 and was wanting to know if they will swap over as my stock one is starting to go bad. Can anyone confirm that it will fit?
  8. H

WTB: K03 Turbo for FSI

Preferably lower mileage or rebuilt including exhaust manifold still mounted on.
  9. H

2008 FSI smoking oil on idle....

Only on warm idle when I let it sit for about 30 seconds, it beings to smoke pretty bad. Its definitely oil burning. I am straight piped and have a PCV block off plate. I am also having oil consumption. Only on idle it smokes, not when accelerating or engine breaking.
  10. H

The 5 dolla balla rear wiper delete (DIY link)

Resurrecting an old thread from '10. http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119285 Anyways just did this yesterday and I must say, it makes the rear end look a thousand times better. Very easy to do if you have an hour or two. (removing the plastic trim can give you an ulcer) I used...
  11. H

Looking for an oil with less blow by..

APR 2 08 FSI GTI and have been using Mobil 1 0w-40 Euro Spec with not very good results. Have maybe 500 miles on the oil change and noticed I'm about a half quart low. I have a small oil leak at my forge spacer, but maybe 1 or two drips overnight. I've read around that people have issues with...
  12. H

Transmission fluid recommendation for 6 speed?

Looking to do a transmission fluid swap in the next couple weeks and have heard different recommendations from Redline MT-90 or MTF, Motul 300 and Mobil 1 synthetic 75w-90. The mobil would be the cheapest and most easily available, but I'm still not sold on it. Thoughts?
  13. H

Possible bad DV? Flutter?

APR Stage 2 08 FSI with straight pipe, forge blow off and Forge twin take. Anyways, when accelerating in the upper rpm's and letting off I have noticed that I have a flutter sound and around 4750 RPM I can feel my boost dropping off. I'm not sure if the previous owner had replaced the DV with an...
  14. H

Can anyone here make custom stickers?

I'm looking to get lettering done about 2 inches tall and length depending on the length of the word. I would prefer that it be cut out to each letter and not just a block style sticker with the lettering. Thanks!
  15. H

Replaced coil and still have a misfire on #3?

2008 APR Stage 2 and am chasing a misfire on cylinder 3. Replaced coil with an Autozone one for now to get me by until my R8's come in. Anyways, still am having a misfire on Cylinder 3 at higer RPM's/WOT. I'm wondering if I should order injectors while I'm at it, or is it more than likely just a...
  16. H

Walnut Blasting vs. Chemical Carbon Cleaning?

Bought my first Stage 2 GTI this week and am wanting to do some new maintenance on it (160k). Anyways one of the things I am looking at doing with my buddy and his 09 JCW Clubman is to get a carbon cleaning. In Dayton, one euro shop has walnut blasting and the other has the chemical. The...
  17. H

WTB: R8/Red top Ignition Coils

Looking for R8 coils for my 08 GTI. FOUND