GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Timing belt replacement. Need help!

So Im in the process of refreshing a new motor to drop in my car that spun a bearing and I f**cked up. Had diy’s and procedures in hand but the shop got busy with friends and family coming in and out and I just got distracted and careless. Went to take off the crank pulley after removing the 6...
  2. D

Blew my motor yesterday :(

Think I sent a rod bearing and most likely bent some valves messin around with tc off in the rain yesterday. Need to swap the motor asap and had a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with. First off, are the tfsi’s found in the eos our exact same motor? Was doing some searching on...
  3. D

LTB: Stock hpfp

Schrader valve on my hpfp stripped today. Whoever tightened it last had to of blasted it on with an impact. Cut the valve off to ez out the inner threads and then snapped too.. Looking for a used pump or if someone has a bad one I really just need the outer plate the valve threads into.
  4. D

R32 Diffuser options?

Hey guys. So my dumbass ruined my rear r32 swap exhaust surround today. I've yet to see my exhaust guy yet since the swap and needed to pass inspection so I bolted my suitcase back up. I should of removed the piece surrounding the exhaust as it was rubbing on the tips but for the hour I'd be...
  5. D

My car doubles as a swimming pool

Hey guys! So with all the snow recently my car has started taking on water. A lot of water :( Both my front footwell carpets get a little damp and my rears get completely soaked, I mean press down and water rises up over your hand soaked. Pulled out the boot carpet and my spare tire well was...
  6. D

Need help finding obscure part numbers

Hey guys so 2 pieces on my windshield washer lines broke on me after having my hood latch fail and my hood fly up on me doing 80 on the highway. I found the pieces I need from VW's part diagram (attached) however I cant click on the parts to get the part number for whatever reason and I cant...
  7. D

Hazy fuel/temp gauges

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Tac and speedo are fine but both the fuel and temp had this happen at apparently the same time. Almost looks like moisture somehow got in there. anyone have any ideas on how to correct it? Link to pic- https://imgur.com/kDTo8GL
  8. D

WTB: Raceland REAR setup (springs and shocks)

I'm currently on solowerks coils all the way down with perches out in the rear and I'm still not happy with the drop. Before I go about switching up the entire suspension again I figured id check here first. I honestly don't care which version of racelands as long as they can go down to 4"...
  9. D

Issue w/ lower ball joint nuts.

Hey guys so while finishing the install of some new axles as well as ecs's aluminum lca's w/ poly bushings I ran into an issue with the 3 lca ball joint nuts. I started with the inner single nut and it torqued to 75 lbs no problem. The next one basically felt like it stripped out before it...
  10. D

Bad axle? Wobble at high speeds

Hey guys, I've been fighting this wobble for quite awhile now and i'm running out of ideas. After lowering the car (about 2 inches) I've developed a side to side wobble in the front end. On smaller roads I don't notice it nearly as much but once I get to around 80 on the highway it can get...
  11. D

Torquing lower shock bolt

Hey guys! I'm in the process of installing my coilovers and I just need a little advice. I jumped into this project with pretty much 0 suspension knowledge but I wanted to learn so I decided to take it slow and make it a 2 day project. Today was the rear and after a slightly frustrating 2 1/2...
  12. D

Rattle from dash/firewall only at specific speed

(SOLVED!!) Rattle from dash/firewall only at specific speed EDIT 2 - SOLVED!!! Took a shot in the dark and pulled out the cv axle heatshield and voila no more rattle!! It even solved a very very subtle rattle I've experienced since owning the car that I just assumed was a VW thing. Couldn't be...
  13. D

Fitment question?

Hey guys! it's tax return season so that means it's time to go low. Picking up some Raceland Ultimos and of course new wheels/tires. I'm not planning on going too low, just enough to lose the wheel gap. This is my first time swapping out stock wheels and tires and I just need a little advice. I...
  14. D

Faulty DSG paddles any idea?

Been facing this issue for a few weeks now but I've been hoping a new clock spring was going to solve my issue as I've had an airbag light on as well. Just installed the new clock spring and no luck. Airbag light is still on (pretty sure this is due a bad wire in the harness, got a new one...
  15. D

Edition 30 question.

Hey guys so long story short I just found out from the previous owner of my car that it originally had what sounds like the ed 30 interior. Mainly the red stitching on the steering wheel, red accents on the dash, red stitching on the head rests etc.. Somewhere down the line they sold the...
  16. D

Leather steering wheel (no paddles)

Leather oem wheel, still in great condition. (no paddles) - $200.00
  17. D

Anyone know where to find new switch panel covers?

Mine look pretty gnarly and I haven't had much success in finding replacements for them.
  18. D

Completely stuck/stripped diverter valve bolt

Hi guys, I could really use some advice on removing this stuck diverter valve bolt. I went in to replace my diverter valve today with a D revision and immediately noticed a previous owner had already replaced it. The bolts were slightly stripped but not completely. The first two came out easy...