GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Retractable cargo cover in a GTI/golf/rabbit.

Sorry if it's been asked or talked about before but I can't find any info. I'm trying to figure out if you can put any of the retractable cargo covers like in the Jetta and Passat wagons in a GTI. I like the idea of it being retractable and I've even seen the Audi ones have a rear shade.
  2. N

Some readiness checks not complete 150 miles since replacing DP.

I was getting code p0420 for about a year and finally replaced my DP with a used one. Cleared the code and have driven 156 miles without it returning. It would usually only take about 60 miles with the bad one. Any ideas on what I can do to get everything to pass?
  3. N

I/M readiness incomplete after replacing stock DP.

My car has been giving code p0420 for over a year and finally replaced my DP with a used one. Cleared my codes and have 120 miles clocked but still have some missing data I think will cause me to fail smog in CA. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. N

Long beach area who wants to help me swap my downpipe out?

I have the Downpipe, tools, and beer, just no ramps/jacks or room to work. If you lend your helping hands and support I'll provide the brews and smokes. Even thrown you some cash if you need it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. N

sorry if im in the wrong place but I need to find the cheapest way to replace my cat.

My catalytic converter went out, I need to smog the car in California before 4/22. I'm having trouble finding a cheaper route than paying a VW whatever god awful quote they want for it.how hard is it really to pass with a high flow ct and a diferent DP? How can I just find a used stock DP...
  6. N

Smog in April and cat is shot. LONG BEACH

If anybody has a stock exhaust for the TSI they can lend for an afternoon I would be super grateful if not I could use some advice on wether I should spend the money to replace the OEM or do a CA legal high flow cat and DP. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. N

Vag com in or near Long Beach, Huntington, Costa Mesa

Long story short after fucking around in my fuse box looking for a place to hook up my boost gauge I start my car and get an airbag fault alert. I need somebody with vagcom to help me clear the code and see if I actually messed something up. My schedule is pretty flexible and I’m down to drive...
  8. N

Can i pass smog even though my cat is completely fried?

My 2009 gti (tsi CBFA) started throwing code for the cat. Took it to my mechanic, he said its toast. he said my only option is to pay for a dealer cat. he mentioned theres an O2 spacer i can get that is similar to the oem cat and it should pass... Anybody have any idea what hes talking about and...
  9. N

LOOKING FOR 2009 TSI THROTTLE BODY

My throttle body is throwing code like once a month. My shop told me its got to be the throttle body. Instead of tearing it out to find the electrical fault id rather buy one. Let me know what you want for yours. I live in northern California about an hour north of SF. Willing to meet up or pay...
  10. N

Anybody in the north bay with Vagcom interested in helping somebody out?

I've been getting code P0121 for just over a month now. Once every other week at most Always on a cold start and as I'm accelerating on the freeway. Anyway before tear out the intake and take a look at the throttle body I was hoping somebody would be able to run the vagcom diagnostic on it. Plus...