GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

Is the noise coming from the catalytic converter?

Hi, If anyone can confirm if it is the cat I would be greatful.. Have got life time guarantee on the sports cat so can send it back to them. Does it sound like this hissing/rattle noise is coming from the cat? It only happens on deceleration and is very loud when sitting in the car...
  2. H

Golf MK5 Temperature flap motor mount screws?

Hi, Does any one know where the Temperature flap motor is mounted too as I took it off in the dark at 12AM and rushed it and now that it is time to put it back on.. I do not actually know what it mounts too! :( Here are some pics I think this heater cover is put on first and then the motor is...
  3. H

Golf MK5 1.9 TDI 2004 10pin headlight connector removal?

Hi, So I was installing a HID kit and my headlights have the ring type angel lights with the wiring connected to the 10 pin connector on the headlight itself.. I yanked on the wire a little and it came out.. My question is.. How can I remove the 10 pin connector from the headlight so I can...
  4. H

Golf MK5 no alarm sound?? How to replace?

Hi, So with a bit of trial and error.. I have come to the conclusion that the alarm siren is not sounding.. Why I think this is because the interior motion sensor is turned on and if I put my hand in the car or move around.. The hazard lights will turn on but there is no sound from alarm...
  5. H

No power in brakes and sinking to the floor??

Hi, So this all started with my rear passenger caliper bleed valve leaking fluid and it was because the valve wouldn't close back up due to ruined threads on the caliper (Bought this car from somebody 2 weeks ago), it lasted the 2 weeks but then fluid was all over the place so I had no choice...
  6. H

Golf MK5 Airbag light ?

Hi, So me being an idiot .. I disconnected the airbag plug next to the hazard warning light while the car was running in the process of changing my head unit and now I am stuck with the air bag light on :( I know idiot LOL.. Any ways.. I know it is either going to be turned of again by using a...
  7. H

Switched live for amplifier??

Hi, Just bought a golf MK5 1.9 TDI 2004 and I have no idea where to get a switched live for the amp :( I believe the head unit itself uses the CAN system to turn on and off therefore I cannot wire the amp to the head unit :/ ... Any other options and with pictures would help please...