GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. clockwise33

BPY cold start noise

After a decade plus of positive experience with my 06 GTI I decided to pick up another BPY in a 08 A3 DSG to use as a daily. I've gone through the car and it's been great for about a year. The only nagging issue I can't resolve is a loud buzzing sound at start up when the temp is below about...
  2. clockwise33

2006 GTI K04, 6 codes, car barely runs

Before i start digging into it, anyone want to make a guess? Friday,10,September,2021,17:02:05:39619 VCDS Version: Release 21.3.0 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64 www.Ross-Tech.com Address 01: Engine Labels: 06F-907-115-AXX.clb Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 115 B...
  3. clockwise33

MK5 content on YouTube.

Cool series on YouTube pitting euro vs jdm for a $5000 max spending allowance drag race build. The contestant chooses a MKV GLI as his platform:
  4. clockwise33

2006 GTI LSD Install Pics and Insights

After about 15 years of ownership, I decided it was time to attempt an LSD install, along with F&R sway bars and 034 subframe pucks. Below are some pictures and insights from the experience: I decided to go with the Mfactory helical LSD due to the price (<$800 shipped) and having read a lot of...
  5. clockwise33

Manual Boost Controller in Parallel with N75 to Correct Boost Spike

Hello again guys, I wanted to share some good results of a recent project on my MKV. I've got my APR K04 dialed in really nicely lately with more time for logging. It pulls hard and smooth to red line, peaks 260ish g/s MAF, about 315whp on Virtual Dyno. One slight issue has been occasional...
  6. clockwise33

PSA: Check your rocker panel for rust

After 13.5 years of ownership, I removed the rear wheel liner for the first time to attempt PDR on a recently acquired door-ding. The area where the wheel arch meets the rocker was filled with dirt/sand which stored moisture and caused considerable rust. I would have never seen this because...
  7. clockwise33

Golf R Internals Swap - Opinions Welcome

I'm starting the tear today to swap MK6R rods and pistons into my K04 MK5 GTI. I picked up the rods/pistons (pictured) from a wrecked MK6R w/ 50k miles for $155 and will be installing them w/ new bearings and rings. I went back and forth on whether to go this route vs drop-in H beams, and I...
  8. clockwise33

Golf R Rods and Pistons in a MKV GTI

I have a line on an affordable and low mileage rod-piston set from a Golf R and I'm contemplating putting them in my MKV as a winter project. My intention would be to shore up the bottom end in order to safely get more power out of my K04, plus I'm bored and this is the type of shit that I...
  9. clockwise33

FS: VF Engineering Intake

I'm selling my VF Engineering intake for MKV GTI w/ FSI engine. I bought this new in 2008 and ran it for a couple years, probably about 30,000 miles with no issues at all. I eventually switched back to the stock intake because I'm over 30 and I wanted a quieter intake. I would probably use...
  10. clockwise33

Neuspeed P-flo steel or aluminium?

Can someone tell me if the P-flo is steel or aluminum? I'm considering a filter on a stick for my K04, and I don't want a steel intake, I've had issues with rust on intakes in the past.
  11. clockwise33

For Trade: 24mm H&R Rear Sway Bar

I would like to trade my 24mm H&R RSB for a slightly smaller aftermarket RSB. The bar is two way adjustable and was on the car for about 25k miles and is in perfect condition. I would be most interested in a H&R 22mm RSB, but I'm open to offers. I'm located in Northern New Jersey.
  12. clockwise33

Leaking valve cover gasket

Ever since my cam chain tensioner replacement / K04 install 5,000 miles ago I've had oil leaking down the back of the motor on the trans side. I first uninstalled/reinstalled the cam chain cover with another new gasket, then updated the vacuum pump to the new design that fixes the oil leak...
  13. clockwise33

APR 93oct K04 Requested Boost

I was just flashed with the APR 93oct K04 tune for my 2006 GTI. I'm surprised by how high the requested boost is, as it is def higher than other APR FSI K04 tunes I've seen. Does this look right, or was I flashed the wrong tune?
  14. clockwise33

Some MKV GTI Love from a British car reviewer

British online car show Carfection picks the MKV as the best generation of GTI. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-eF3JNFNLM
  15. clockwise33

2.0T FSI Timing Chain - New in box - NNJ

2.0T FSI Timing Chain - New in sealed box. IWIS brand (Same as OEM). $25 Pick up preferred. Located in Northern NJ.
  16. clockwise33

Exedy OEM replacement clutch

http://www.exedyusa.com/oe/Clutch_Specifications It appears Exedy makes an OEM replacement style clutch kit which will work with the factory DMF. Anyone try one? It will likely have similar torque capacity to stock, but there's a chance it may hold more. Could be an option for those looking for...
  17. clockwise33

Huffs with snow tires for sale

For sale are 4 Huffs with winter performance tires. Three wheels wear ContiWinterContact TS810's and one wears a Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance. All are 225/40/18. The wheels have some corrosion and are probably a good candidate for some plastidip or paint. The pictured wheel is the worst...
  18. clockwise33

Driver gear springs and big sway bars...

I've been running a 24mm H&R RSB with my Driver Gear springs and Eibach Prodamper shocks for about a year now and I'm not happy with the way the car just falls over on the front outside wheel. I'm wondering if I should go with the 28mm H&R front sway bar, or are DG springs to soft for that much...
  19. clockwise33

Southbend Clutch Questions

Anyone running the Stage 2 Daily? How are they holding up? The Stage 2 Daily is supposedly rated for 400lbsft, so I assume it would hold up fine to a K04, right?
  20. clockwise33

Intake Valve Cleaning: Before and After.

Prepping for a messy job... Dirty valves... Clean Valves... All work was done by Ryan W. in Warwick NY. He's a certified Audi tech that now has his own shop. He works fast and is very professional. He finished my valves in one day (drop off in the morning, pick up in evening) and...