GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Suspension work in bay area/monterey

Hello all, Any recommendations where i can get my springs installed in the bay area or central coast? Please let me know if you know a decent place. Thank you all
  2. E

Oil filter

Hey everyone, quick question, will the oil filters for a 2.0 T fit the 2.5 engine? May sound like a dumb question but it could be. Without searching i figured i can ask here for a quick reply. I appreciate it. Thanks
  3. E

Extended warranty question..

So they are offering me bumber to bumber warranty 7yrs/125k for $1800. Good deal or no good deal? Currently at 20k 2013. Its actually for a Jetta 2.5 se 5 speed manual. I wasnt sure where to post it :/
  4. E

What do you guys think?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5396939262.html Good deal? Could it be better? Let me know! Im interested in buying
  5. E

Airbag resetting

Hello, can someone assist me in resetting the airbag light. Replacing the buckle. I can pay with some beer! Im in San Jose, CA
  6. E

REset air bag light.

Hello, can someone assist me in resetting the airbag light. Replacing the buckle. I can pay with some beer! Im in San Jose, CA
  7. E

VAG-COM

Does anyone have one so i can try and clear my airbag light. I would hate to get it diagnosed at the dealer for so much money.
  8. E

Bay Area VW GTI MKV 2007

Hello all, here is my vehicle for sale. Sad to let go but its time to move on. Have learned a lot from this forum. I feel like a VW expert! Trying to purchase a Prius now. Thank You all http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5351660986.html
  9. E

Upper strut mounts/bearings..

Hello all, so i took my car for an alignment and i noticed on the notes they had recommended replacing the Upper Strut mount and Strut mount bearing. Is that something to worry about it i don't replace it soon? Also, is there a DIY out there i can use to change the parts. I am pretty...
  10. E

Cv boots/axles???

Hello all, I took my car to wheel works and they told me the 2 outer CV boots were torn and suggested to replace the 2 cv axles. Should I be concerned? I think they are charging $150.
  11. E

New battery..

Hello all, I will be purchasing a new battery soon and was wondering what's the best place I should buy it at? Dealership?? Autozone? Online? My car is an 07 with the original battery and it just failed on me so I would like a battery with the same kind of reliability.. Let me know! Thanks
  12. E

rotella t6

Hello all, just wanted to share that rotella t6 at oreillys is super cheap. Less than $20 if any of you are interested. I will be buying 3 gallons this weekend as i need to do an oil change..I think the sale ends at the end of the month!
  13. E

Rotella t6 at oreillys...

Hello all, just wanted to share that rotella t6 at oreillys is super cheap. Less than $20 if any of you are interested. I will be buying 3 gallons this weekend as i need to do an oil change..
  14. E

oil filter best pricee.....

Hello all, I am almost due for an oil change and i was wondering what place can i find the cheapest OE/Genuine oil filters??
  15. E

Full exterior detail? Northern California

Hello all, I want to get a full detail job on my car. Has a few scratches, swirls, headlights are glazing and some water spots. Does anyone know a good spot in northern California? Preferably in Monterey county or anywhere in the Bay area. Thanks! Jose Manuel
  16. E

Clutch noise...

Hello all, I have a 6spd transmission and was wondering if its normal to have a somewhat loud noise when moving the shifter in the neutral position from left to right(vice versa). Basically should it be loud within the neutral location and its play. Also, when the clutch is depressed and I...
  17. E

Is this spark plug normal? rich? lean?

Hello all, what can you tell me about this spark plug. I changed mine today. They are all like that. Whats the deal? should i be worried? or normal? should i change anything? http://www.flickr.com/photos/25146305@N06/11092625133/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/25146305@N06/11092504526/
  18. E

torque wrench?

Hello all, so from now on i want to torque every nut and bolt (should have done that alooong time ago). Especially cause i will be changing the cam follower and spark plugs and also for all the oil changes i plan to do from no on. Anyways, what is a decent torque wrench to buy?
  19. E

headlight lens cleaner?

Ok, So im trying to clean my headlight to clear them up. I can see that its building up residue already. What cleaner is best??
  20. E

Should i replace it or not?

Ok, just want to share. I have 115k on my car. Took it to the dealer to get the cam follower replace and they show me the pic of the current one and it looks like this. So since it wasnt defective they didnt replace it. Kinda weird cause i took it wendesday, they called saying they had to...