GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Need Help - Springs Again! Anyone have a VW color decoder?

Okay, looks like I'm replacing all 4 springs on my MKV GTI - 2008. As luck would have it, FCP Euro has the exact color coded VW Manufacture OEM spring for my front struts... but, they are backordered indefinitely (surprise). They have a s-load of other springs, of course, in other color codes...
  2. M

Replacing Front Springs

I had a recent failed inspection by my local VW Dealership and one of the (many) items that the local dealership found was a damaged front passenger side spring. The car is a 2008 with about 106k miles on it, and has Bilstein shocks that were done at around 60K miles (by a local shop - not me...
  3. M

P0087 (Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low) & P2294 (FP Reg Valve N276 Open Circuit) *EPC Warning*

It's been a while, but I'm back with a problem if anyone can help. Here's the background --- I have a 2008 MKV with a little over 100K on it, newer cam follower, original HPFP, original timing belt, no previous cam follower issues (replaced multiple times), and it's a dual clutch. I've been...
  4. M

18619/P2187/008583 - Bank 1; System too Lean at Idle

Hello - long time member that has been dormant for a while, but just had an issue that I'm having some trouble resolving. My Autel scanner tells me that "System too lean at idle, Bank 1." I cross referenced it with the RT page that provides the same data as my Autel (ie - check MAF, intake...
  5. M

Inching closer to the dreaded timing belt replacement...

Hey, was wondering how many other forum users replaced their MKV timing belt themselves, or paid to have it done (whether dealer or anyone else)? I'm a bit over 90K miles at this point and 10 years, so it's something that's been on my mind. The problem with these cars is the residual value...
  6. M

Headlight Leveling Sensor 1K0941274B vs 1K0941274C

So, does anyone know what the difference is? Believe it or not, my GTI was manufactured in May 2008, and according to ECS, the part "B" is good for MKVs up until 05/08 while the version "C" is good from after May 2008. I checked the VIN as well, and while the numbering is a bit confusing, it...
  7. M

Chance Encounters of the MKV kind

I own a 2018 MK7 and an MKV, but was driving the MKV on vacation the past week. On the drive back home from vacation in North Carolina (on Monday around 7 PM) on Rt 79 North, I had a Tornado Red Golf MKV R32 pass me going about 100 mph in West Virginia. I ended up passing him driving about 80...
  8. M

Rear Brake Piston Retraction Problem

Okay, I have a 2008 GTI, and I'm using a HF brake retraction tool. The emergency brake is off (and even disconnected cable). After a few hours of messing around, I FINALLY was able to get the driver side rear brake piston fully retracted (using tool to screw clockwise, of course)... I ended up...
  9. M

Broken Headlight Level Sensor Question(s)

I was doing front end work and noticed this thing (didn't even know what it was at first, but had a suspicion since I threw a trouble code for the headlights). Anywho, it's broken, and I removed it. It's such a simple part, but I can't seem to find anything aftermarket (that looks the same and...
  10. M

Help! One of Three Nuts on Ball Joint Stripped.

So, I removed the control arm on my 2008 GTI in order to replace the lower and upper control arm bushings (and the end links as well), but when reinstalling the 3 ball joint to control arm studs and torquing the nuts to spec (about 43 ft lbs), one of the nuts stripped. I think it's the nut and...
  11. M

And now.... the headliner

I was reading some old threads about headliner problems when I was fixing my trunk release problem thinking how glad I was that I did not have the same issue. Welp, that lasted all of a few weeks. I know many other people must be having this same problem. My headliner on my 08 GTI let go...
  12. M

Rear Hatch Not Unlocking

Okay, so I tore off the rear plastic panel, checked the wiring loom, and even replaced the hatch locking mechanism with a new one. I don't know if the VW badge is working or not, but I do know that the locking mechanism is functioning. I plugged and unplugged the locking mechanism and the...
  13. M

Rear Badge Trunk Release / Rust Problems.

Can you believe that my 2008 GTI's rear badge trunk release is not working at all right now, but the rust that I paid a body shop to fix over a year ago (from VW's defective design) is now starting to slowly reappear. :help: Also, a quick FYI -- I have been pouring over the internet and this...
  14. M

Opinions on Snow Tires and even the MKV's ability in snow?

Just wondering what others are using. I just ordered a set of 2 Hankook Icept 225/45/17 mounted on spare aluminum wheels. I have 4, but the wanted at least a pair with better tread depth on the front. I had a nice little incident the other day where I was kinda stuck on a steep hill and it...
  15. M

GTI with a P0456 CEL DTC Code

So, my 2008 GTI (FSI BPY) has been throwing gas cap MIL warning for a few months now, but they were only intermittent. The gas cap MIL is no more, but now I have the constant presence of an illuminated yellow engine in my speedo, and after a quick scan I found out that CEL is a P0456 (EVAP small...
  16. M

Fender Rust Question?

I have a 2008 GTI in United Grey and started developing paint bubbles and eventual paint chipping above the driver side wheel well. I did find evidence of a TSB on this or another website regarding sound deadening material inside the fender that was apparently linked to this rust issue. My...