GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Oxygen Sensor clip

Trying to replace the o2 sensor on my 2006 GTI MKV. Actually sensor came out easy, but I can't get the clip to separate , despite frustrating hour trying. Is there some magic trick to this ? I searched all over but either videos skip it or it's obstructed. Anyone can give some advice here I'd...
  2. E

Cold air intake

Was thinking of adding a cold air intake to my 06 ... Seems like an easy mod and might be good for the car. Prices are all over the place. 2 part question. Is it a bad idea to do this mod on an 06 ? 2nd is there are reason some run upwards to 400+ and some are ~150 ? Could you guys make an a...
  3. E

Belly Pan GTI MKV

Recently my belly pan failed. Was curious if anyone had an opinion on an aftermarket replacement ? I see ECS has a Bremmen kit. for around 50.
  4. E

P0171 Code

Recently my GTI MKV has been throwing P0171.. I've cleared it several times and still reporting the code within a day or 2 ( although it recently too a week break and went away by itself) I looked it up and it says system too lean. Googling that mentions symptoms like rough idle , knocking and...
  5. E

Rear 12 V DC stopped working

2006 GTI MKV ... My rear 12 V DC stopped working. Assuming it's some fuse .. Does anyone have any words of wisdom which fuse might be the culprit and how to access them ? Thx
  6. E

Source for Headlights

My 2006 GTI's headlights have dropped. Shop says I need new. Anyone have a good source for them ? Shop wants 435 a piece... Was hoping to find something cheaper. Any ideas would be awesome !!! Thx
  7. E

GTI 2006 Headlights stuck down

Seems the headlight cycling on my 06 GTI has stopped working and the lights are low( not great for night driving ). I read about having the vag code cleared and codes checked in general, so I went to local shop. They kept cycling and you could hear the motor engaging and trying to rise to no...
  8. E

Steering Button decals ?

First this forum rocks I've been reading on it for years... So the other day I noticed the station up button was now all white , missing it's decal( I'm not sure that's the right name for it ) that when illuminated used to glow up arrow. Not sure how it fell off or where it disappeared to, but...