GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Gearbox/Transmission options for AWD conversion

With my BWA engine conversion finally done I'm now looking to do my AWD conversion. I know its a lot of eork and thr gains might be little compared to a properly setup FWD but its a nice challenge for me ;) Someone told me that the mk1 TT box will bolt straight on but I'm also trying to find...
  2. D

Step 5. Engine and ECU change from 2.0 FSI to GTI

I bought my cheap hail damaged golf 3 years ago I started looking for performance improvement options. When I found a person selling off GTI parts on gumtree I jumped at the opportunity to get the suspension and HID headlights. Since he also had the cylinder head and ecu I increased the scope of...
  3. D

ECU/electrical problems

I'm in the final stages of my engine conversion from NA 2.0 FSI to GTI(BWA) After wiring the MAF sensor onto the ECU 94 pin connector and putting everything back in I have some problems: When I open the driver door the fuel pump doesnt kick in to prime the system. When I put the ignition to the...
  4. D

Gti turbo oil and water supply

Some time ago Eurocars told me to use a VDO connector on the oil presure sensor for the oil feed to the gti tubo I'm installing in my NA 2.0 FSi. This will finally happen next month but looking at the connectors I need some input on the water supply to the turbo. The gti connector bts onto the...
  5. D

Golf mk6 doors on a mk5

My car has the same problem a lot of people out there with cloth interior are facing with sagging cloth on the door cards. First I thought what an easy way to fix it if you can just replace the door cards. As all the ones from wreckers has the same issue this was not an option. So from there I...
  6. D

Engine wiring harness

Im down to the last connnector to solve befor changing my engine 9 July. I just paid gold money for the MAF connector from VW.....1k0971337 which costed me $140 AUD :( Anyways........thus connector comes with the 3 wires on pin 1 -3 but the colours in order from pin 1 are ws/ge, gn/ge, sw...
  7. D

Cam adjuster cover question

Im busy checking all the bits to make sure I have everything to add the BWA cylinder head to my NA 2.0 FSI. I was cleaning the bit inside the cam chain cover with the oil holes that slides inside the cam adjuster. Then what seems to be a plastic ring ( or a hard oring) broke in 2 and came out...
  8. D

Engine wiring harness

Can anyone please tell me what connects on these 3 wires without a connector to the far right........ so I can add a proper connector? ( the purple, black and red wires) Im busy with the final checks to do engine conversion to add turbo from 2008 golf gti BWA engine to my NA 2.0 FSI golf...
  9. D

MK6 Golf R Transmission on MK5?

Anyone tried fitting a Golf mk6 R gearbox and drive train to a MK5? Looking for a cheap way of getting 4 motion on my MK5 and want an alternative to the TT MK1 gearbox with R32 drive train option. Thanks
  10. D

Step 4. phase 1 - handles and door strips

I managed to find 3 door handles online in my la7t colour ehich I bought. For the fourth I decided to just paint it. The door strips was no fun at all and currently look crappy up close but still looks better than the textured black plastic look it had. The worst of it was removing the glue and...
  11. D

Step 5. Cluster change

After months of planning, organizing and waiting my white cluster arrived today. Now I know this has been done before and the obvious question will be "why didnt you get the premium colour cluster?" but it is what it is and some ppl with children cant spend all their money on toys :) A big...
  12. D

Step 2.5 MK6 climatronic control

Step 2 was installing climatronic and the dual zone works real nice but knowing its possible to install the MK6 controlls bothered me. Bought a controller off ebay and didnt know about the auto recirc at that stage. The one I got do have the auto recirc so I also bought an air quality sensor...
  13. D

Golf 2.0 FSI White cluster upgrade

I need some help please. To replace my half MFD red cluster with a white one I need to also replace my ABS controller My car had a MK70 ABS unit consiting of a 1K0 907 379 P ABS controller with 1K0 614 117 H ABS module. Coding was 0017025 (No TPMS and standard suspension) I tried replacing...
  14. D

White cluster preparation

Im busy preparing to swap my midline cluster to a highline white cluster. For this I read somewhere that I will need to replace my ABS module. I think its yo do with comms with the cluster. Since I have heaps of GTI parts waiting for my 2.0 FSI to GTI engine conversion I thought I will just...
  15. D

Step 3. Roof lining and hail damage repair

So this all started with a sagging roof lining. I removed to and bought spray contact adhesive planning to fix it. After removing it I ordered some PDR items to remove or at least lessen the hail damage since I had access. At this stage I already swapped front fender and rhs door skins with...
  16. D

Wipers

Help neede please with wipers problem. So first a bit of background info.......my rear wiper always worked a bit intermittend depending on weather and temp but always just assumed it was a bad connection. In the last couple of months I did a couple of upgrades like cecm for bixenons and also...
  17. D

Step 3.5 Upgrade steering wheel

So I already did step 3 where I replaced the roof liner with a black one but since Im still waiting for the black sunnies holder I did not take photos yet. The white one in there is an eye sore. Will post that writeup asap. I started looking at replacing the cluster in my car and ended up...
  18. D

AVDI

Do anyone know someone close to Brisbane (Sunshine Coast) that owns an AVDI to help me scan the Immo block on my car? Thanks
  19. D

Mk6 cluster, ecu, key etc in a mk5

Im still trying to sort out the gti ecu before I start the engine work to convert my 2.0 FSI golf into a gti. Do someone perhaps know if I can buy a key set from a mk6 gti to plug it into my 2005 mk5 golf? Like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122666182933 Busy putting a mk6 gti steering in...
  20. D

Step 2. Climatic to climatronic

This was a way bigger job than I anticipated but finally got it done and it looks and works awesome. Swapping the airbox took a lot of googling and rewirining of connector 4 on the controller took some time. All worth it in the end and a lot learned. Step 3. Roof lining and hail damage repair...