GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

FS: BNIB YCW Ref Coilovers - Socal Only (No Shipping)

Hi guys, Looking for $900. Located in Orange County, CA (Lake Forest area). Pics are pretty much exactly as in this thread: https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196492 I have a set of new and never mounted YCW Ref Coilovers that have been sitting in my living room in a box for well...
  2. G

Another MFactory LSD Review

I rarely write reviews, mostly because I find it hard to find the time, but this time since I spent so much money on the product and install, I figured I'd take a few minutes to at least say that it was worth every penny. As many people have noted, the LSD really ties together the entire...
  3. G

Brake Fluid Low - No strange Symptoms

Hey guys...having a weird issue here. In the last two to three months, my brake fluid has gone from the max to the min line and I'm a little concerned. Prior to that, the brake fluid warning had come on and I filled it up. I attributed it to the brake pads adjusting as I had not had to touch the...
  4. G

Fitment Question (spacers/rubbing/autocross)

Hey guys! I'm looking to get a basic (relatively inexpensive) wheel setup for autocrossing. I'm looking to go with 17x8 wheels since the cost for 17 track tires is a lot easier to live with than with 18's. Problem is, I've got a stoptech st-41 bbk and without being able to test fit, it makes it...
  5. G

FS/FT: ASA AR2 (2 Good/2 Bad) $120 obo - Socal

Several years ago I ran into an upturned manhole cover and it put a dent in two of my ASA wheels on one side. I bought a new set and kept these in the garage thinking that I'd repair them one day and use them as track wheels. Well, they've just been sitting there and I've done nothing with them...
  6. G

Brembo 1pc Rotor bbk (~$1600)

I did try searcing but kept coming up on so many threads covering everything other than what i was looking for. Anyway, I saw this thread on the mk6 forum: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25572. It mentions a 1pc rotor bbk set up from brembo and later on provides a link to the...
  7. G

Changed Battery...what did I just experience (no boost,apr lockout)??

so as the title says, i changed my battery today. I removed the old battery last night, but needed to clean the terminals better so i let the car sit overnight w/o a battery. i was expecting some kind of an issue with this, but didn't know exactly what to expect. i installed the battery and got...
  8. G

anybody thinking of hitting the dyno soon? (OC)

i'm just curious to see how the car is running finally. i'm thinking of heading down to eurosport in anaheim one of these weekends ($80 for 3 runs) and wanted to see if anybody else would be interested in coming along too. i'm not trying to organize a dyno day here. if anybody can suggest a...
  9. G

Help running logs in OC?

Just want to run some logs in OC/Lake Forest area to make sure everything is running fine. I don't have vag, so therefore I need help :thumbup: there's a fairly empty street down where i'm at. i'll happily compensate a reasonable price :thumbsup: TIA
  10. G

Small Det. cord segment to remove rear rotors?

....cuz i'm about to go get me some....hammered, smacked them shits up, used a whole can of pb blaster....several hours later, NOTHING....anybody got any ideas? unfortunately i've f*d the contact surfaces up so i can't just put it back together. and it's both rotors. so frustrated.
  11. G

Loud pop/snap noise when jacking up the rear...ideas??

Hey guys...i was rotating my tires this weekend when i heard a loud pop/snap noise when i was jacking up the driverside rear. it was like a metal "snap/pop" noise and it was quite loud. i had never heard it before and i've jacked up the rear lots of times. i looked around as best as i could and...
  12. G

More Cam Follower Data

For info: Inspected Cam follower after about 10k miles (put it in at 17k and car now has 27k) and compared it to the new one I had bought to replace it (the new one is the one on the left, sitting on top of the cap): since it looked so good I put it back in and i'll check it again in about...
  13. G

MIL came on...any suggestions

so i was putzing around town running some errands and when i started my car up after briefly stopping off for some eats the MIL/CEL light came on didn't go away. The car seems to run fine and boosts normally and pulls normally. nothing weird at idle either. i notice no loss in power or...
  14. G

Need Vag-Com help in OC

Had a random CEL come on and have no clue what could be causing it. Car runs fine, boosts normally. CEL is the only indication I have that something is wrong :iono:...before I take it in I'd like to have an idea or at least have the codes throwns handy. Thanks. PM me for more info if you can...
  15. G

Q's on FMIC's

Sup guys...fmic noob here, lately i've grown interested in the eurojet oem fitment fmic. anyways, i was wondering if the install on this guy was as easy as the forge fmic since it doesn't have all the extra goodies as the stage 3 fmic kit? also, I have the bsh dv relocation and was wondering if...
  16. G

290 hp from chip and intake??

am i missing something?? http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1030780555.html where can i find this GREEDY chip:bellyroll::bellyroll: maybe the budget subdivision of GREDDY??
  17. G

Disappointed against a Civic Si...noob here

Mods are down below in sig....anyways, maybe it was the way we started off or that i was in auto mode and made an extra upshift and then a downshift when i let off the gas or maybe these are all excuses and the newer civic si's are faster than i expected oh well...anyways we started from a roll...
  18. G

FS: USC vs Washington Tickets (Socal) Nov 1st

2 tickets: Info: Sec 2 Row 82 seats 7&8 Face Value is $45.00 each but I paid 53.50 each because of the processing fee and delivery. Just looking to get back what I paid. PM me if interested.
  19. G

ok...BSH DV KIT Installed...some Q's

well the install was pretty easy up until I had to go in and remove the pipe from the firewall, then all hell broke loose...I never did get the rain tray off because when I tried lifting on it i was just too chicken and felt i was gonna break it, so instead i somehow managed to separate the hose...
  20. G

DUMB BSH DV KIT Question

Sup Guys, Well I've read through the instructions and have looked up as much info on the forums as I could find and feel pretty comfortable doing this install now, but I want to avoid the biggest headache of all by not having to try and remove the wipers to get to the speaker box...soooo, the...