GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Axle Bolt Torque Spec

I've read so many different responses that my head is still spinning. I have 12 point axle bolts ready to go in. The shoulders on the bolts are smooth. Does that mean they need to be torqued to 200 Nm + 180 degrees? Or is it 70 Nm + 90 degrees? I've seen some saying that 12 points should be...
  2. B

034 Density Engine/Trans Mounts

Hey all, I have a 2006 MKV GTI currently equipped with BSH engine and transmission mounts. The lower portion of the bushings have started to flatten a bit with age. I was thinking of buying new bushings, but also wouldn't mind going with something a little gentler for a daily driver. I'm...
  3. B

Turbo Muffler Delete

I've been thinking about a turbo muffler delete to get a bit more sound out of my '06 GTI. I've read that these don't add much power, if any, but that's okay. From what I've found, the options for a muffler delete are very limited for the BPY and most options (CTS, Neuspeed) require that you...
  4. B

Runs rough when decelerating / off gas

Hey all, 2006 GTI, MT, no tune, BSH PCV Revamp, Neuspeed Intake, just under 100K miles. Recently, I noticed that when I'm decelerating (usually in 6th gear slowing down from highway speeds), my engine intermittently shudders and seems to run a little "rougher." I can feel the shudder as a...
  5. B

BSH Mounts to Density Line

I'm noticing that the lower poly bushing on my BSH mounts are looking flattened a bit these days and I was thinking of replacing them with 034's Density mounts. Does anyone have experience with this? Specifically, did you go with Street or Track, and how did your selection compare to the NVH of...
  6. B

Oil Filter Housing Replacement Options

Quick question guys - I changed the oil in my 2006 GTI yesterday. When removing the old oil filter, I noticed that the plastic tube that prevents the filter from crushing I'm guessing came right out. I snapped it back in and pulled on it some; it pops out very easily. I've never had this...
  7. B

Graf Water Pump

I picked up a timing belt kit from BlauParts and it came with a Graf water pump (metal impeller). I've read mixed reviews on this pump, but most of the information I've found is older, and most of the reported issues have been with BMW owners. Is this a decent pump? If you have any experience...
  8. B

Shift Link Bushing - Delrin or Aluminum?

My 2006 GTI has been a bit notchy when shifting from 1>2 and from 2>3. I changed the fluid tonight with OEM fluid and that helped some, but I can still feel some difficulty when making the above mentioned shifts. I'm thinking my shift end link bushings may be worn. Car has almost 89K miles on...
  9. B

Headlight lens coating

So my 2006 GTI starting to show its age. The coating on both headlight lens is wearing off, so it's only a matter of time before they start hazing. Has anyone used Lamin-X to stop this from getting worse? Or can one restore headlights and the apply Lamin-X to keep them from hazing again? Lens...
  10. B

Timing Belt Help

Hey all, I've been studying the procedure for my impending timing belt job. I noticed that it will be necessary to lift the engine to gain access to some of the engine mount bracket bolts. I have BSH engine and transmission mounts, which of course are stiffer than factory mounts. Do you have...
  11. B

Delrin Bushing for BSH Mounts

I saw that USP Motorsports sells a delrin bushing for VF engine and transmission mounts. Will these fit BSH mounts? The design of BSH and VF look similar, but I'm not sure if they are identical/clones of each other.
  12. B

Breaking things when servicing

So I was doing basic routine maintenance tonight - replacing the cabin air filter and the fuel filter. Which if you haven't done your fuel filter, I strongly recommend it. It could be in my head, but the car runs better after replacing it. I wasn't expecting that much of a difference and I...
  13. B

P2181 Code

So I am getting the somewhat infamous P2181 code on a 2006 MKV GTI (BPY engine). I did some research and found that it's either an Engine Coolant Temperature sensor, maybe the thermostat, or water pump. I replaced the ECT sensor as it seemed easy and wasn't too expensive. I disconnected the...
  14. B

Powerflex Dogbone Mount Bushing - Anyone Running Them?

Powerflex Small Dogbone Mount Bushing and SuperPro Torque Insert Installed I've seen some failures of the previous design of this product. It looks like Powerflex went from a two-piece to a one-piece design, and they revised the collar that runs through the center of the bushing. Anyone...
  15. B

Just Finished Suspension Install

Just finished installing an H&R Touring Cup Kit on a 2006 GTI. Nice even drop with the slightest hint of forward rake. I'd post pics,but they'd be cell phone quality and you can find tons online. I also replaced both CV axles since I discovered that BOTH boots were torn with my last tire...
  16. B

Driver Gear Springs with Golf R Struts/Shocks

Hey all, I'm considering this spring/damper combo. What are your thoughts on the Golf R struts and shocks? I was rotating my tires about a week ago and found both, yes both, outer CV boots ripped. I have some Raxles on their way and figured put a cup kit in while you have it torn apart. I'm...