GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

High flow cat and emissions testing

So I am stage 1 (APR) with a cai and muffler and res delete. And im looking to knock out the pre cat in the down pipe and switch out the stock car with a high flow cat. However my biggest concern is Colorado Emission testing:thumbdown:. I am not really sure what to get and I must be able to pass.
  2. L

APR stage 1 coil packs and spark plugs

So my FSI has been having misfires under load and I have narrowed it down to the Coil Packs and Spark Plugs. I am currently stage 1 (APR) with some other mods and have been looking around at what to get. I emailed APR and they recommended NGK PFR7Q or PFR7B gapped to .028 however I have been...
  3. L

DP pre-cat removal

So I just got a custom straight pipe (starts at the cat) and I just found out that there is a pre-cat in the downpipe. I was wondering if I will still be able to pass emissions testing in Colorado if i remove the pre-cat. Also would a CEL pop up? I am looking to go stage 2 with APR and want to...
  4. L

Headlight help?

So I am looking at new headlights that are HID and every single one of them says it is not compatible with stock HIDs. What the hell does this mean? Does that mean i can't just use the stock HID harness for the ballast? these are what I am looking at...
  5. L

ATTENTION COLORADO!

Air Care Colorado is changing the emissions test. I am 100% sure that our cars will not have to be driven on a dyn anymore. It will be a OBD2 connection and a visual inspection of your system. I will post more as I find out.
  6. L

Crazy Idea

So I have been planing in case my engine ever gives out to do a swap. I have a 2007 gti. I have been thinking of what to shove in that engine bay. Here is what I have in mind of ideas. •STI or WRX. Of course a custom exhaust and im sure a ton of other shit. •Some turboed crate engine •EVO...
  7. L

Climate control swap

So I have a manual climate control and I want to look into switching it out to a electronic climate control. I can't find any info on this. I have no idea if it is possible. I hope it is. I know i would have to get a faceplate since it is different. My AC and heater are messed up. It takes a...
  8. L

2007 VW GTI vs 2007 Mazda Speed3

I'm just comparing these cars 2007 VW GTI Stage 1 DSG K&N CAI Forge DV spacer 2007 Mazda Speed3 Aftermarket BOV Custom exhaust (fart can) My brother has a Speed3 same year as my GTI. After riding in his car I have noticed a huge quality difference. The Speed3 is just...
  9. L

Your views on a STRAIGHT PIPE MK5 GTI

What does everyone think of straight pipes on a GTI? Catless with stock DP Catback straight pipes with stock DP Catless with aftermarket DP (most likely 3 inch) catback with aftermarket DP (most likely 3 inch as well) Just write what you think. Look up some videos or share your experience...
  10. L

Castle Rock/Highlands Ranch Area

Is there anyone located in or near Castle Rock and Highlands ranch? It would be awesome to form a group of GTIs or even GLIs to go to car meets and cruise. I just cruised with my brothers JDM friends (STIs, EVOs, Speed3, and others... no hondas) to a ECS meet and it seemed weird, but very fun...
  11. L

Creepiest Street Race EverMK5 stage 1 vs Cobalt SS (supercharged) vs Charger R/T

So I was drive from Fort Collins,CO on hwy-68 heading back towards Greeley, CO around Midnight in my MK5 GTI four door with a APR stage 1 upgrade and a cold air. When a Cobalt SS speed up on me and then stayed right next to me. Of course he wanted to race. This Cobalt SS was a four door black...
  12. L

Cannon exhaust

alright everyone some of you are gonna get mad i know. But how would a cannon style exhaust do (sound wise) on a 2007 gti. I want that deep deep loud sound. I plan on making a custom exhaust or having someone do it. And does anyone have one on? I would love to hear it.
  13. L

Subwoofer with stock head unit!

So i installed a 12 inch subwoofer in my GTI and i wanted to share how i did it. however i did not take any pictures. I will describe it in great detail. UNPLUG YOUR NEGATIVE TERMINAL ON YOUR BATTERY BEFORE STARTING! i had no ECU problems or any problems with my APR stage one. 1. Go to...
  14. L

LED head light idea

So I plan on cracking open my headlights to paint the inside black and was thinking about how i shouldn't black out the turn signal since there are reflectors. however i thought of an idea of it i just installed a bright amber LED strip in the bulbs place to cover that whole bottom section of...
  15. L

Anyone preformed this?

EDITED! Im looking to add a 5 channel amp to my stock head unit. with those 4 channels i'm going to use its for front and rear and then a subwoofer. How would i do this???