GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. eliwise

Lots of MKV / GLI/GTI Parts - Chicago

ANy chance you have a rear view mirror??
  2. eliwise

WTB MK5 Rear View Mirror

Sorry - wrong section. :(
  3. eliwise

WTB Rear View Mirror 2009 MK5

Dog broke mine off and it is beyond repair - looking for a replacement. Black. Located in SoCal would be great, but happy to pay for shipping.
  4. eliwise

WTB MK5 Rear View Mirror

My dog broke my rear view mirror off and it’s done. Looking for black replacement - no cracks, wobbles, etc. I am in Los Angeles, so California preferred, but not required. Thanks guys
  5. eliwise

Oil Leak somewhere?

I chased a few leaks that were similar. Ultimately, I had to do the valve cover, replaced the pcv. That solved it for a while, then I did the rear main seal. Zero leaks for about a year or so, then the vacuum pump started to leak slowly. That leak was right side, under the batter and puddled...
  6. eliwise

Hesitant acceleration at low RPMs - 09TSI

Thanks man - much appreciated. Mine is an 09 MK5 TSI - had the timing chain and tensioner replaced about 6 months ago.
  7. eliwise

Hesitant acceleration at low RPMs - 09TSI

Just seems a little hesitant off the line in normal traffic and overall just lacks the responsiveness it normally has. Clutch is new, carbon clean done last year. Recent coils. Recent plugs. Recent throttle body replacement. Injectors? Turbo? Fuel pump? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
  8. eliwise

Socal - Los Angeles / Mechanic - Shop, recommendations? No more stealer-ship for me!

Metric Auto in HB is by far the best I have found. I live in LA and make the drive. If you have AAA you can get it towed down there. Otherwise, you’re out an Uber ride, but still you will save a ton of money.
  9. eliwise

Throttle Position Gremlins P0121 PO222

Ahhh - sorry. :ROFLMAO:So I can try replacing the harness again per the TB. Thanks - will give that a shot. For now, it is behaving. Had the wires re-connected on the harness to the throttle body.
  10. eliwise

Cool - will give that a shot before the whole engine harness. TB isn’t that expensive… Getting tired of chasing this gremlin.
  11. eliwise

So the only solution according to the mechanic at this point is to replace the whole engine wiring harness.
  12. eliwise

Leak / maybe transmission leak?

Turns out it is the Vacuum Pump gasket. Slow leak - and the mechanic couldn’t buy a gasket separately from the whole pump on time to finish before the holiday. Bummer - means I’ve got a slow leak to contend with until I can get back down there.
  13. eliwise

Metal Dust / Very fine shavings in ENGINE BAY not OIL

Thanks - such a random thing. Cleaned it up and it returned, but not as bad.
  14. eliwise

Yeah - I need to pull the intake and battery out this weekend and give it a good cleaning. Likely coolant hoses...I hope. Might as well replace all the hoses while I am down there. Everything plastic is starting to get brittle on this car - hoses, wires, plugs, etc.
  15. eliwise

Had my rear main seal and clutch done last year - also the valve cover / cam bridge cover. That said, I am starting to see fluid on the right side of the engine - near the shifter linkage / below the battery and intake. Nothing leaking that is hitting the ground at all, but just grime / moisture.
  16. eliwise

I am still chasing these gremlins. We have replaced: Throttle Body - New from VW Throttle Rewire - New from VW per the TSB Coils / Plugs / Battery Still goes into limp mode every 50-200 miles or so. Seems intermittent. If I unseat and reseat the plugs is appears to get better for a few weeks...
  17. eliwise

WTB: Leather Seats MK5 or MK6 GTI FIT

Update: Found a partial set from local salvage in Sunland, CA. SoCal. Bought the rest from OfferUp. All good aside from issues with airbag sensor. Gremlins successfully chased down with help of this forum.
  18. eliwise

Metal Dust / Very fine shavings in ENGINE BAY not OIL

So this is random. I was checking coolant and windshield fluid today and discovered that engine bay had very, very fine metal dust on the front of the manifold area / throttle body. Almost like fine glitter or metal dust. Never seen this before. Any thoughts? 09 MKV GTI TSI No Codes or other...
  19. eliwise

Bi-Xenon Headlights replacement

I just bought a replacement for by Bi-X passenger side from a salvage. Great lens and super clear plastic. Only issue is that the top tab is broken and it seems to angle a little high. Not sure what to do about this issue. I guess it is back to eBay to find a different headlight that doesn’t...
  20. eliwise

Engine Code: 50217 WTF?

Getting a weird engine code and can't find much info about it. Anyone seen this before? It clears easily, but comes back about once a month.