GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Neuspeed cold air extension

Used to live in California and moved back to Iowa so I took the cold air extension off. Installs super easy and definitely gets cooler air. Looking for 100 + shipping obo. Help me afford school :) Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  2. B

Passat-gti compatability oil pans?

Another smashed oil pan. Found a lot on car part and ordered one pulled from a 2.0 passat motor. This will work right? My only concern is a certain part that isn't on my current pan. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  3. B

Has anyone raised the engine slightly with spacers?

I personally like to indulge in the low life, even though my oil pan has disagreed twice now. I was thinking about making some aluminum spacers to place inbetween the body and shoulder mounts to lift the engine about half an inch and was wondering if anybody has ever done this. would it mess up...
  4. B

Persistent oil leaks

Hey all, been having oil leaks with this engine since I bought it at 104k, now at 120k. Currently I regularly have what appears to be a leak from the turbo area, indicated by wet oil on the rear of the oil pan. One that I can't figure out however, is the transmission case is almost entirely...
  5. B

Sat radio and windows acting weird

Recently I've been having issues with my satellite radio not working. I get in my car and turn on the radio and it displays "no sat radio" and flips to FM. It's a 2005.5. Also, when I roll my right window up, as it reaches the top and stops and rolls all the way back down on its own. The switch...
  6. B

Power washing engine bay

I've had some oil leaks (go figure) and because of that my engine is coated from the valve cover down in dirt and oil. I used to detail cars and we would just drench with degreaser and powerwash and never had problems, however I've heard of electrical issues with these engines. Just wondering...
  7. B

Knocks like a loose subframw, but subframe appears to be solid

Been getting the knock that I immediately thought was the subframe, but checked it out and it doesn't look like it's moving, some I'm wondering where to look next. It happens on turns, moving or parked, and has somewhat occasionally done it without turning when braking at a slow speed. Sent...
  8. B

WTB: MT mount bracket

stripped out the aluminum bracket that is bolted onto the transmission, that the shoulder mount bolts into. Been having a hard time finding this anywhere online so I'm hoping someone has a parts engine lying around or something.
  9. B

coming back to the country in a few weeks, my mk5 is waiting for me

flashback to may, im about to deploy and put my car in storage, however, 2 days before hand I smashed a hole in my oil pan and the expenses that go along with that caused me to have to opt for open air parking, in the mojave sun, all summer long. my question is, what work should i expect to...
  10. B

WTB: FSI oil pan

just smashed a hole in mine. Also looking for a skid plate for obvious reasons.
  11. B

Ebay downpipe with EJ catback

i already have a generic 3" catless downpipe and i have a friend selling a ej catback. what seems to be the issue, and we havent attempted fitting it yet, but the DP goes all the way back to the sandwich clamp, and it necks down to 2.5 to slip into the stock catback. basically im asking anyone...
  12. B

Anyone in SoCal area willing to rent out a fender roller?

im located in the palm springs area and im looking for a fender roller, to rent preferably but ill buy it outright for the right price.
  13. B

Very oil soaked motor

Ever since I've had the car (about 10k miles ago) my motor has been very oil soaked. I don't seem to be consuming a lot as I only have to add maybe a quart sometimes two every 5k miles. I have a small leak out of my VC gasket but I know that's not all. Mainly the entire top of my Trans is...
  14. B

WTB fender roller

hopefully local to socal. let me know.
  15. B

Anybody have experience flaring fenders?

So i have some dings and stuff to my fenders that need to be replaced/straightened anyways, and I was thinking about trying to flare them. Worst case scenario I really fuck them up and I need to replace them still, best case it turns out good.
  16. B

Low oil pressure

I installed a newsouth oil pressure gauge and its telling me that at idle im at about 9-10 psi. Higher in the rpm's it will get to about 60 or higher but I've been told at idle it should be at 20ish. I know I have plenty of oil and im almost positive my cam follower is good, I replaced it less...
  17. B

Trans fill/drain plugs

Wtf is this shit?
  18. B

Wtb performance motor mounts

Will consider all offers. Looking for pendulum, trans, and engine(I'm that order of importance)
  19. B

HR 15mm spacers

i got a pair of 15mm spacers that are hub-centric and include the extended lugs. open to trades, looking to get 50obo.
  20. B

website to buy color matched paint?

i was on a site a while ago that offered all kinds of packages of color matched paint. anybody have a link?