GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Austin_hull

2014 BRZ Build Thread (Boosted!!!)

Hey guys, so I previously owned a MKV GTI, that I dumped WAYYYYY too much money into, but I didn't chronologies my build. My MKV was stolen from my drive-way two weeks ago, and was found totaled over 800 miles away from where it was taken from. This time around, I knew I wanted RWD, and after...
  2. Austin_hull

Built vs. Bought?

So I have a feeling this will be an insanely opinionated thread, but I've got my flame suit on, so let me have it. As some of you might know, my MKV was stolen a few days ago. Generally, I am a "build it yourself" person. Now here's my question: I've already built an MKV, so if I know of a MKV...
  3. Austin_hull

Manual DSG Swap...GLI -> GTI

My lady is about to buy a 2006 Jetta GLI, but the one she is looking at is 6MT. She prefers my DSG, and honestly, I prefer the 6MT. (When I bought my car, I was commuting 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, in Washington D.C. traffic, and thought I would develop arthritis with a manual.) Would it be...
  4. Austin_hull

The Off-Topic Chat Thread

Found On Road Dead
  5. Austin_hull

The Off-Topic Chat Thread

Wow, this OT is SO. SLOW. compared to golfmkv.... in other news HAI GUISEEEE. It's a balmy 92 degrees, and it's only 11:30 here in VA...
  6. Austin_hull

MKV GTI vs. 2006 Turbo RSX

I had seen a white RSX running around the area for awhile, and I finally got the chance to line up with him today. He caught up to me, and we chatted at the stop light for a minute or two. He says he has the K20A3 engine with a PTE-3231 snail, FMIC, intake, exhaust, and some smaller mods. He...
  7. Austin_hull

Pulled for being 'bout it (Part 2)

SPOTTED: I have been informed that this is the NLS car....unfortunately, watched him get pulled over from four cars back, and stopped to watch the proceedings...
  8. Austin_hull

Spark Plug Change, and Valve Cover Gasket Replacement

Hey guys, so I've got a 2008 FSI, that's REVO Stage two, with a few other modifications. I'm at 120,000 miles, and I bought the car at 82,000...as far as I can tell, the plugs have never been changed, so they're way over-do for replacement. On top of that, I know that my valve cover gasket is...
  9. Austin_hull

Shift Knob Question:

So, I'm really hoping one of you guys with a 6MT can help me out...I have a DSG, so I've never really taken a good look at the shifter on a 6MT...I recently picked up a daily (2001 Saturn SL1; 5MT) for dirt cheap....I REALLY like the feel of the GTI's shift knob....anyone know if the shift knob...
  10. Austin_hull

Massive Turbo Problems!! Help!!

Hey guys, it's a tropical 20 degrees today in Virginia, and I keep experiencing a problem with my turbo either not working at all, or not working for the first five minutes that I drive my car. I leave my car outside, and almost every time i start it after it's been un-driven overnight, it...
  11. Austin_hull

FS: Premium 7

SOLD SOLD SOLD
  12. Austin_hull

Need Vag-Com in VA (22553)

Anyone got a Vag-com they wanna either let me borrow or do some work for me? I'll pay either in beer or cash....I'm in the 22553 area, but I'm willing to travel a little bit... I just want my Airbag Fault reset, and also would like to have my DRLs disabled, and my FTP's set to work with my high...
  13. Austin_hull

FS/FT: Elbrus I04 Rims!!

Hey all, I've got a set of Elbrus I04 rims for sale! Specs: 17"x7.5" Offset: +45mm Backspacing: 6.06" Bolt Pattern: 5-114 Recommended Tire Size: 205/45-17 Weight: 22.2lbs -One Piece Construction -Currently Black Plasti-dipped, but can be stripped/sanded back (I'll provide that service) or...
  14. Austin_hull

.:R32 Diffuser Question

Hey guys, I have a question for all you dubbers out there...Earlier last year, I had a custom straight pipe made....they didn't have the twin tip that I wanted, so they just left it off until they got the part in. I had to drive 3 hours one way the following day, and when I got to my...