GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. easy87

Wheel hubs

So, before I resort to lighting it ablaze and rolling it off a cliff, I thought I'd ask. So I have what sounds to be a group of angry monks in my back seat area. Tried the turn left and right at speed to see which side. Quiet turning left, loud af turning right. Made me think left side is bad...
  2. easy87

Misfire troubleshooting

So the car has been having it, but since I drive like an elderly person, I rarely cared. But the engine will misfire in the higher RPM range, when the engine load is greater. Runs like a dream otherwise. How can I log with my shiny new vagcom cable to see what I would need? I would assume: Fuel...
  3. easy87

Da dip!

So, before beginning, I have searched but did not see a precise answer anywhere. I want to try getting my mirrors to do the "dip" whenever it goes into reverse. Just got a Rosstech cable and wanted to try giving it a shot. Not sure if it is even available on US GTIs or not, but here is my cars...
  4. easy87

Tapped out

So a while back, I put on a Forge boost tap. This worked well for giving me a readout, however over time I have realized the thing leaks like a sieve. There is oil allllllll over the front of the engine under that thing. So, I ordered a ECS boost tap. Looked promising! But upon inspection, the...
  5. easy87

Crap A/C issue

So, for the past few years my A/C has not worked, and I have just dealt with it as I figured a compressor was a lot of time and $$. Due to a renewed interest in getting the ol' girl back up to snuff, I started digging around and checking things. Symptoms: No a/c, no small fan running. Engine...
  6. easy87

A/C Compressor issue

So I have read that the solenoid is a very common failure point on our a/c systems. I have been having delayed cooling/very intermittent cooling(if ever), and figured this solenoid would be a good place to start. How can I tell if I have a Sanden compressor, or a Denso one? There look to be two...
  7. easy87

Diagnosing P0171

Been a while since I have been on here! I am having an issue. So I have had the P0171 pop up a few times, running lean essentially. I used some propane and found a leak on the brake booster hose beside the HPFP. Used electrical tape at first, and then just replaced it yesterday. LTFT was around...
  8. easy87

Quick question!

Hey all!! Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a diaphragm here or not? I pulled my PCV off to replace it and noticed that the new one had one, and the old one did not. Trying to track down the elusive P0171 right now, and currently hating life. All ideas welcomed!!
  9. easy87

WTB: Front License Plate Mount

Wife forgot the clutch must be depressed to stop and bumped into someones rear bumper. All is well except for it broke the stock license plate holder. Anyone have one laying around that the do not need? Let me know how much you are looking for. Thanks!
  10. easy87

Grill Install

What's up ladies and gents! Quick question for those who may know. The wife forgot to kick in the clutch to break and kinda-sorda rear ended some jeeps trailer ball hitch. Knocked out the front grill. Got a whole new replacement in but ran into an issue. It knocked out some of the screws. Can...
  11. easy87

Finally!! (hu,sub,amp install)

Well, after much much much waiting and patience, I finally have my new headunit, subwoofer, and amplifier installed. MASSIVE props to Nik over at UberStealth for the incredible box. This is a thing of beauty, built with passion. The box is bulletproof. Well built, well engineered. Fits in like...
  12. easy87

Wiring question for n00bz

Alright guys! Ordered my Uberstealth side sub-box a few weeks ago and just got to ordering my supplies. Just for information, I will be ordering a Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 and also a Pioneer PRS-D800 to go with it. IThe head unit that will be connected is a Pioneer X8500BHS. The question is, I...
  13. easy87

FS: Premium 6 Radio

I am 98% sure it is the premium 6. Looks just like the one pictured. No MP3, but sat-ready, AM/FM and so on. We shall say $60 plus shipping OBO. Will try and get some pictures when I get home. Let me know if you have any questions!
  14. easy87

Steering Wheel Controls

I tried a precursory search, and came up quite empty handed. Also, I have a 2.344 second attention span, so either way. I am going to be installing my shiny new Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS head unit this weekend, and am marginally concerned. I have ordered multiple parts (standard Pioneer cables...
  15. easy87

Boost Tappin'

Quick question for the dub pro's out there! I am about to install my new-ish Newsouth boost gauge and I wanted to make sure I am doing it right before it gets too hot and heavy. I have a Forge boost tap and the stock tap that came with my gauge. Is there any difference between using the Forge...
  16. easy87

Newsouth Gauge

Hope this is in the right spot. But I just got my Newsouth boost gauge and ready to install. Just one question I am hoping someone here might know. What kind of hose is the smallest of the lot? And can I buy one at an Autozone or the like? Thanks for the help!
  17. easy87

Dash question

Was just in the middle of changing out my interior dome lights, and saw this little guy. I have seen the dash tray installs, and it does look similar to the screw cover. But this looks different, like a sensor or something. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks! btw: MKV GTi, with the leather...
  18. easy87

Lamin-X Fogs

First official post up here. Just wanted to show off the newly Lamin-X'd fogs with new Nokya yellow bulbs. Personally I like the look and the cutoff does not seem too bad. Had to replace the driver side fog since whenever I bought her, the fog had melted somehow. Side note, if you need a oem...
  19. easy87

DFW

Anyone ever meet up around here?:iono: