GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Problem after stereo install- starting issue...

Hello all, I recently installed a Pioneer F700BT in my 06 GTI and wired it up using a PAC harness (yup, already looking into Connects2- I know this but until then..). Things were fine for a few days but right now, the first start up every morning, the car doesn't turn over, goes completely...
  2. J

What up fellow Mid-Atlantians?!?

...that is all... Is everyone ready for whatever holiday they celebrate? I haven't chimed in for quite some time and I know it'd be sweet to get a Baltimore/White Marsh or somethin' GTG going. It's cold out so let's all gather somewhere warm and inside (maybe for some adult beverages for...
  3. J

FS: Brand New Forge Diverter Valve, Carbonio intake, first act guitar, etc

Hey folks, I’ve got a couple of things for sale… let me know what you think, PM me with any questions…:23: 1. Brand new, in box, Forge Motorsport replacement diverter valve kit. SOLD!! To JoBu on the tex. 2. Carbonio intake for 2.0T w/ filter…. This works just fine and has been on the car for...
  4. J

Uneven rear brake wear/ Overtight E-brake Cable?

Does anyone know if there is a TSB for this? If so, can someone link a sista?:biggrin: My left rear pads are worn twice as much as my rights, and the dealer is reluctant to look at them as a warranty issue or recommend any repairs... I fully intend to upgrade pads, but I want to solve the...
  5. J

H2O- Friday Night Meet 'n' Eat 'n' Greet

Hey everyone, I wanted to start up this thread to see who'd be interested.... last year, I (with help from Rabbit) put together a little Friday night dinner for some R folks and a few MKVer's, and I wanted to see what we could set up this year. Last year, we all met up at Sakura's Japanese...
  6. J

VW Friends and Family Offer!!

Well first off, an official thank you goes out to Zookeeper for pairing up with me on this... anyone who gets the DRIVER magazine from VOA probably saw the form inside that said if you know of someone buying a VW, have them fill out said form and mail it in and you'd each get one of the VW first...
  7. J

RSVP-ing to an event?

How does one do this??? Thanks!!
  8. J

First attempt: 2 hours of anger... 2nd: 20 minute perfection!

Hey all, when I bought my B&M shift kit, I thought I'd also add a redlinegoods shift boot in black w/ red stitching for the pimp facta... and even ordered it a little shorter to take advantage of the shorter shift lever. I got the B&M kit, but for the life of me and with the help of an old...
  9. J

Good weather + MKVers, good times...!

Alright, when's the next meet.. are people willing to go somewhere central like White Marsh...? I can host something, but it'd be WAY up in Havre De Grace, like a detail day/ cook out... I dunno, but it's finally getting nice out. GTITOM LIVETODRIVE DUBDRIVER17.... hit me back peeps.
  10. J

Thank gawd for the stock file... UGH!!

Alright, so I go to my favorite gas station I've found since moving (I like BP/Amoco) last night, and start filling up... with "Ultimate" and then I look down..:mad: :mad: :mad: only to find that the gas station ditched 93 in favor of 91 octane fuel. Now I'm talking 4 days ago it was 93!!! By...
  11. J

Please sticky!! Instant Messenger names for MidAtlantic peeps

**I thought this'd be helpful for planning and carrying on and shizzle...** Jules: AIM: Myreciprocity Yahoo: GTITHATYOUFEAR MSN: forjgracer20
  12. J

Installed: Defi Boost Gauge

Alright peeps and peepettes... I wasn't sure where to put this, but since it's an electronic gauge and it's in the car... here goes... I wanted to try something different this time, as in the past I've always used mechanical gauges. I'm not saying one or the other is better, I just wanted to...
  13. J

My review of the HKS SSQV, the good AND the bad

This thread isn't intended to bash a VTA blow-off valve, and I'd like to keep it open, informative and helpful, for those of you investigating ALL options when it comes to our leaky diverter valves. I purchased the ATP turbo HKS SSQV flange that mounts on the stock location, as well as the sim...
  14. J

Attempting a meet up my way, someone asked about Chip specials in our other chip/GTG

I saw the recent thread about a small GTG surrounding a chip install, and NGP came up in the early parts of that thread…. I just found out that APR is having a sale through 12-21 on their programs and ish. (Nope don't work there, just live close and like the guys.) It goes like this...
  15. J

DIY HKS BOV w/ ATP Turbo Flange (coming soon)

So as not to jack the OP's thread... I figured I'd start my thread for a DIY w/ pics for the HKS setup, similar to what he has. Here is a link to the thread that this came out of: HKS BOV w/ ATP Flange installed I'm hoping to do the install this holiday weekend.:evil: More to follow...
  16. J

Baltimore area-ish VagCom?

Hey folks, I was just trying to find out if someone in the area would be willing to meet up and switch my DRL setting. I can buy us some brews wherever we meet up or compensate ($) the kind soul that helps as they would deem necessary. -TIA:evil:
  17. J

WTB: Stock engine cover

Needs to be mint, no scratches, cracks or imperfections... just trying to avoid buying a new one... Hit me up!:thumbup:
  18. J

MKV owners going to H2O in September?

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but do we have many folks heading to Ocean City next month? I was trying to find out if there'd be any interest in a bunch of MKV people getting together, because I know I can't be the only one psyched about the upcoming show. Anyone?:drinking:
  19. J

Just a few pics on a lazy Sunday

Yup, I'm stockish, but I had to take some pics this afternoon just because I've been so busy driving that I have no record of the car yet on "film", LOL.:headbang: I like this one because you can sorta see the sunset in the reflection.
  20. J

Just thought I'd say wasssup...

Alright folks... Vortex peeps may know me as R32Dubgirl or SilverstonedOne, but tomorrow, I pick up my very on 2006 CW GTI. I'm so psyched that typing away on the net is all I can do to tire me out and make me sleep. I've been into this car since the first pics of the Euro version were...