GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Briggs253

AC Troubleshooting Help

Hey all, I just received my OBD Eleven Pro on iOS and was eager to see why the AC blows warm on my 2006 GTI. A scan shows no faults so I’m not sure where to go from here. I see that I can read live data but I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for. I suspect that my G65 sensor has failed...
  2. Briggs253

Opinions Needed - Suspension Refresh

Hey All, I have a 2006 GTI that I'm looking to refresh the suspension. It's a daily driver and does not see auto-x or track use. It's currently equipped with a H&R Touring Cup Kit which I believe pairs H&R Sport Springs with some Bilstein Touring struts/shocks from the look of it. I was never...
  3. Briggs253

Clutch - Grease Splines?

I’ve searched online and the responses have been quite diverse. I’m going to be doing a clutch job on my 2006 MKV GTI. Do you guys use any kind of lube in the splines of the transmission shaft? If so, what do you use? Responses vary wildly, but an overwhelming amount of folks say don’t use any...
  4. Briggs253

Timing Belt Questions

I’m FINALLY getting around to doing the timing belt on my 2006 GTI. I’ve read several DIYs, but two things I have seen specifically addressed are: 1. Will my BSH transmission mount allow enough engine movement to remove the engine mount bracket? My thought is that it won’t be as forgiving. 2...
  5. Briggs253

Aftermarket grill quality?

So the grill on my 2006 GTI looks very faded and the clear coat has failed in many spots. I was thinking of painting it after seeing how expensive parts were. Then I came across aftermarket grill parts. How do the aftermarket grills compare to OEM, e.g. Bremmen and the various brands on...
  6. Briggs253

Low Oil Warning - Possible Engine Damage?

I did an oil change over the weekend (I've done every one on my 2006 GTI with >70k miles, this is the first time I've had issues). Long story short, I didn't tighten the oil filter housing tight enough. When I received the warning, I was driving slowly around a turn (maybe around 15 mph) and...
  7. Briggs253

Need a part # for front air diffuser.

I was changing the oil this weekend and I noticed that the part of the fender liner that the front bumper screws into is cracked. It's the part that has the air deflector built into it, and it appears to be a separate piece than the fender liner itself. I need the part # for the passenger...
  8. Briggs253

How to fix stripped screw hole in plastic.

So I took my grill off once, went to put it back on, and the T25 torx screw-hole next to the headlight on the driver's side is stripped. Anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I've researched it a bit and some people recommend filling with epoxy glue, let it dry, then redrill a pilot hole...
  9. Briggs253

Positive experience with DBC Performance.

I have been purchasing their oil change kits for maybe about a year now, and I just wanted to share a positive experience I've recently had with them. I recently purchased their Motul Specific oil change kit that comes with 5 liters of Motul Specific oil, an oil filter, and a replacement drain...
  10. Briggs253

Clutch Chatter Sound - But On Stock Clutch.

I'm getting what sounds like clutch chatter (stock clutch) at clutch step off. I can only hear it when I'm next to something that can reflect the sound back to me with the window down, ie getting some drive through food or something. I'm 53K miles, stock engine save for an intake, some motor...
  11. Briggs253

Armrest cutting into window switches - PIC.

Is anyone else getting this? When I use the auto-up feature, it appears that the window switch must be hitting the armrest frame, enough to where it's cutting into the coating. If it makes a difference, my fast likes the windows down so I use the windows a lot. 2006 GTI with 53K...
  12. Briggs253

Found a crack in my paint.

I washed the car today and noticed about a inch long crack in the paint on my hood. It's enough to feel with your fingernail. Car has never been in an accident, and I've never come out to find that anything heavy has fallen on the car. Paint looks normal around the crack. Will VW help me out...
  13. Briggs253

Anyone running BSH motor and transmission mounts with just an insert in pendulum?

Just received and installed the BSH motor and transmission mounts this week. And the pictures you see just don't do them justice. Once you get them in hand, you realize that these pieces are very substantial and built very well. Because of funds, I went ahead and got these two mounts, but...
  14. Briggs253

Oil Change - Noise on initial startup.

So I changed the oil in the GTI tonight. On initial startup, which was about 1 hour after new oil was poured in, I get a scary, grinding noise from the engine. It goes away after a few seconds as oil starts to circulate I'm guessing. Anyone else experience this? Should I do the old trick of...
  15. Briggs253

034 Motorsport Density Line Dogbone Pair

Anyone have any experience with these? http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_86&products_id=18305 I'm currently running the Neuspeed Torque Arm insert, and was wanting to know if these mounts are stiffer. I plan on getting the full Density Line when they get them developed...
  16. Briggs253

CAUTION: Coil pack wire harness.

I wanted to pull my plugs today just to see how things are looking (currently at 27K miles). So I go to remove the wire coil pack wire harness and get 3 of the coil pack connectors undone when I realize that I broke the retaining clips...on all 3. :frown: Well the plugs looked fine lol. I...