GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Air conditioning need refilling again...

So last year my air con pressure sensor blew in my 2004 1.6 FSI. I replaced the part and got the system re-filled. That was August 2020, fast forward to March 2021 and the air con started making the darth vadar noises again, I got the people out again and he explained that as the system was...
  2. C

Air conditioning hissing

My mk5 1.6 fsi has started making a hissing sound when I turn on the ac. The noise stops when I hit the ECON button. I had read that if the refrigerant is low it can make that noise so I had the system cleaned and refilled, but a week later it has started making the noise again. Could it be the...
  3. C

Rear door lock not working properly ?

Hi all, The rear near side door of my 2004 Golf 1.6 FSI is having issues. When I use the fob to unlock the car I cannot open the rear door from the outside, I have to reach in and use the interior handle. Once opened in this manner the outside handle works fine. Then when I lock the car it...
  4. C

Error code P0420

Yesterday I noticed that when driving in a 20mph zone the car was really jerky so I tried in 3rd gear and 4th, but both were not running smoothly. Car accelerates and seems to drive ok at higher revs/speeds. Upon getting home I checked the FourStroke app and I have the error code "P0420...
  5. C

Emission Warning Light keeps coming on

I have a 2005 1.6 FSI that I bought in January. When I picked the car up the dealer had replaced the EGR valve as the light was on when I test drove the car. A couple of weeks later the light came on again, it went back to the dealer and was diagnosed and had the throttle body cleaned and the...
  6. C

Front Bass Driver Stopped Working

I have just bought a 2005 1.6 Golf S FSI. I have changed the head unit as I wanted my MP3 player unit and all that went well, but my passenger side bass speaker has stopped working. I read that it may be a crossover issue, but upon taking the door apart I have no crossover! It was pointed out...