GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tensixty6

Golf outsells Commodore in October sales

Volkswagen Australia must be chuffed with the news that the Volkswagen Golf outsold the Holden Commodore in the month of October. Top seller was the Toyota Corolla with the Hilux ute coming a close second. The Golf achieved 3rd place followed by the Mazda 3 in 4th place and the Commodore at no...
  2. Tensixty6

FS: 2006 MK5 Golf GTI - 4 door - DSG

2006 MK5 Golf GTI. $27,500 4 door. DSG transmission. Tornado Red. Factory sunroof. Factory SatNav. Tartan trim. As at 05 March 2011 - 68,432 klms. Fully serviced from new under VW recommended servicing schedule. Oil and filter change every 5,000 klms. Major 60,000k service undertaken in...
  3. Tensixty6

FS: Canbus unit

Originally purchased to facilitate fog light turning operation. It turns out (no pun intended) that I need to spend more money on a VECM. Lost interest. Asking $160 ono. I'll ship anywhere in Australia (only) via Registered Post FOC.
  4. Tensixty6

[VIC] Motorclassica Show - Melbourne

Anyone planning on going to this event? 22nd to 24th October (this weekend) 9.00am to 5.00pm. Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton. $20 entry. As the promo says....$100 million dollars of precious metal on display, including 1937 Alfa Romeo Aerodinamica Spider. 1936 Cord Sportsman. Mercedes...
  5. Tensixty6

Painting wheel weights?

Just fitted some replica 18" Denver wheels to which I'd like to try and "obscure" the wheel weights by painting them gloss black, same as the rims. I've never had the occasion to paint anything made of lead. Does anyone have any suggestions on the procedure?
  6. Tensixty6

Woosh woosh

On behalf of a fellow GTI'er. "Quick question….as of last night, my GTI has started making that ‘woosh’ noise when I take my foot off the throttle or it’s under load going up a hill and I back off a bit….. It sound like an old Nissan of Subaru turbo ‘whoosh’ from a car, hotted up by a beanie...
  7. Tensixty6

[ACT] German Autofest - 19th September

Just booked accommodation for this event. Looking forward to a fun weekend. :happyanim:
  8. Tensixty6

Dog shoots New Zealand man in backside

Man's best friend.....maybe not. :yikes: A NEW Zealand man remained in stable condition today after his dog jumped on a loaded rifle and accidentally shot him in the backside. The Northern Advocate said the 40-year-old man from Te Kopuru, located in far-northern New Zealand, was injured while...
  9. Tensixty6

Industrial relations gone mad

According to the VACC..... Failure to allow a support person can lead to an unfair dismissal claim. An employer must ensure than an employee is offered a "support person" when instituting a formal disciplinary procedure. Formal disiplinary procedures are used to manage issues such as poor...
  10. Tensixty6

[VIC] Meet-up on the Mountain - 11 July

It's winter in Melbourne, and high time for a GTG. It may be cold, but remember, if you drive a GTI, think of how much your turbo loves the cold air. If your car is an R32, you'll just have to settle for the sweet sound of your exhaust. So, enough preamble. Here's the deal. This Sunday...
  11. Tensixty6

OT: Frivoulos questions thread

For anyone that has something they'd like to ask that is unworthy of serious attention. Who's first?
  12. Tensixty6

Carbon Fibre care

Are there any special tips on looking after carbon fibre bodywork?
  13. Tensixty6

Technical question - R32 engine

Would anyone happen to know the diameter of the roller on the rocker arms of the R32 engine? I'm checking some aftermarket cams and need the diameter to get an accurate result.
  14. Tensixty6

Time for a makeover

Picked up the car this morning after having it colour coded and some OSIR Design goodies fitted. Here are some quick shots that l took on the way home. I hope you like it, I'm very happy with the result.
  15. Tensixty6

OT: WA anti-hoon laws

From the Melbourne Herald Sun. A PERTH doctor is unable to recover his $200,000 Lamborghini after it was seized by police who caught his mechanic driving it at speeds up to 70km/h over the limit. The mechanic was allegedly clocked driving the luxury vehicle at more than 160km/h in a 90km/h...
  16. Tensixty6

Cruise to Mount Baw Baw - Wed 30 December

Meet up at McDonald's Mulgrave carpark, Cnr. Wellington & Springvale Roads. Please make sure that you have a full tank of fuel and are ready to go. Departing 10.30am sharp. The cruise will travel through Gembrook, Launching Place, regroup at Yarra Junction and on through Noojee to the Mount...
  17. Tensixty6

EOI - Victorian "Say Goodbye to 2009 Cruise"

Are you tired of sitting on front of the TV, watching the cricket. Do you yearn to hear the sound of your (insert GTI or R32) as it cruises (safely) along scenic road, the wind in your hair, blah blah blah. Well, I've got just the remedy. This Wednesday (yes, only 2 sleeps) who would be...
  18. Tensixty6

Schumacher to return to F1 for Mercedes in 2010

Compliments of CARADVICE.COM.AU Michael Schumacher is returning to Formula One after reportedly signing a deal with Mercedes GP for the 2010 season. It is believed the seven-time world champion has signed for one year alongside compatriot Nico Rosberg and will be paid seven million euros...
  19. Tensixty6

OT: Speed Humps for Australia's Freeways

Please, please tell me this is some kind of VERY LATE April fools day joke. In an ambitious plan to protect Australia's children, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has announced plans to install speed humps every 100 metres on all Australian freeways. After a 12 month trial of speed...
  20. Tensixty6

Golf is Carsguide Car of the Year 2009

From the Carsguide.com.au website. Volkswagen Golf. It's as simple as that in the final judgment for Carsguide Car of the Year in 2009. The Mercedes-Benz E Class is good, the Ford Fiesta is better, but the Golf is best of all from more than 100 new cars that landed in Australia over the past...