GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. zrickety

GOLFMKX2022 - We Survived The Apocalypse Tail Of The Dragon Meet

Event Admission = $0 https://tailofthedragon.com/events/ We could just join one of the 'car enthusiast' rallies, right? Potentially June 17-19 July 15-17 July 22-24 Audi Club August 12-14 August 19-21 Eurofest Camping nearby at Toqua Campground or similar Tentative Schedule Friday 6:30p Drive...
  2. zrickety

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Off-topic, anything goes right? Since I 'don't have privileges' to post in the other thread, I will start my own. **CAUTION** Thread contains satire. **WARNING** Subject matter is CURRENT EVENTS, including news and opinions. Everyone is free to speak. If you are not capable of listening to...
  3. zrickety

Internet outage

Just want to say kudos to the site admins...you are still up while much of the world is down at the moment. My kids Nintendo services are down, along with many websites.
  4. zrickety

DIY door lock actuator

I did a quick search and couldn't find this on the forum. I'll be replacing my passenger side later today.
  5. zrickety

Shifter play on transmission side

I posed this question on the MK6 forum, but maybe you guys have more experience. I did the linkage adjustment yesterday, and there was a lot of play on top of the transmission. The cast arm was moving quite a bit independently of the shaft coming out of the trans. Is it the cast piece worn...
  6. zrickety

WTB: GTI front grille (oem)

I had saved mine in a box and stupidly threw it away after I sold the car. Now I have the car again. I'm hoping someone is a parts hoarder like me. Not interested in the aftermarket pieces. Edit- found, thanks.
  7. zrickety

WTB: LED tails for Golf/GTI

Looking for oem style led tails, pm me if you want to sell. Thanks.
  8. zrickety

MFactory Helical LSD for DSG transmission *NIB*

Treat your car this Christmas and save some money! Purchased earlier this year, this has just been sitting in my dining room. Helical limited slip differential the Honda and BMW crowd swear by. I've just sold the car and won't get to install it. Only opened for inspection and pictures. This...
  9. zrickety

VW electric dune buggy

No promises for production, but I would seriously consider one. The rwd ID electric is on my wishlist. https://www.foxnews.com/auto/volkswagen-is-bringing-back-the-dune-buggy
  10. zrickety

Mandela Effect?

Hey guys, this has been on my radar the past couple days. Just curious if you guys have heard of this or have seen it happen??
  11. zrickety

FS: Bilstein dampers, H&R sport springs

Hi guys. Parts I bought and never put on my 09 GTI. Bilsteins have about 20k on them the springs less than 10k. I'm willing to separate. $550 shipped for everything, or best offer.
  12. zrickety

FS: stock GTI catback, 09, oem in GA

I have a great condition stock catback from the 09 GTI. Polished tips. I believe this fits 06-up all years. If you want to pay shipping I will work with you. Located in Cordele, GA near I-75. $200 obo Pics to come.
  13. zrickety

FS: Clutchmaster FX350 with SMF (08-09)

Less weight, more performance. This is a low mileage 6k setup I intended for my manual car and never installed. Perfect for stage 1 and up. This only fits the late TSI powered GTI/GLI. This setup is almost $1300 new. 18 lb steel flywheel is a $500 option. Came from member FLtrooper a couple...
  14. zrickety

Non-VW coolant

So apparently there is some voodoo if you mix traditional antifreeze with VW G12? I bought some Peak Long Life and the guys on mk6 are telling me that I need to flush everything or the earth will end inside my engine. I did my research and it's been in the 09 for quite awhile. Does anyone have...
  15. zrickety

FS: 09 GTI part out

Hi guys, never thought I would sell but my wife is getting something new and I'll be in the MK6. These are all MKV parts from a TSI powered GTI. Unibrace XB, black, have bolts but you'll need rivet nuts (nutserts) that can be found on mcmaster-carr or grainger. SOLD K&N 57i airbox with...
  16. zrickety

FS: 09 GTI part out

Unibrace XB, black, have bolts but you'll need rivet nuts (nutserts) that can be found on mcmaster-carr or grainger. $250 Fits MKV and MK6. Negotiable. Pm me with your zip if you need shipping or pics, I will update this post. SOLD
  17. zrickety

09 GTI trade in

Went to look at 13 Golf R. I knew they would lowball me but I never would have guessed how bad. 09 GTI with leather, xenon, tasteful mods, 115k... $2500. We haggle but the highest they would go was $5500. End rant.
  18. zrickety

POLE- Would you buy a Honda Crx project again? (PLAC heavy)

It would be my third Crx purchase, but this time the goal would be to flip it instead of keep it. Something simple, clean and quick. Sure, if it doesn't sell I would add it to my collection...but that is beside the point. :D
  19. zrickety

CC VR6 4motion

Has anyone actually driven this unicorn? Was window shopping autotrader... http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=402364648&LNX=SOMEDTWVDP via @AutoTrader_com
  20. zrickety

Remote Start installed...question about locks

So I just installed the Directed XpressStart 4X10 remote start. Like the DBALL. Had a little trouble with the key wrap for the immobilizer but got it sorted. Does anyone know how to vagcom the locks to work by remote when the car is running? I saw a post on golfmk6 for kessy cars but nothing...