GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

lug locks w/ no keyyy

so i drove off with the key in my wheels and its gone. To save some cash [im poor] i dont want to buy a new key and ive already bought four new lugs. Ive looked at a bunch of suggestions and none seem doable. I tried the socket and hammer and dont like the thought of pounding my rims and...
  2. W

wub wub wub noise

So I turned the dubstep down and I'm still getting a wub wub wub sound. J/k but this sound is starting to bother me. Sounds like that ^ and is proportional to how fast the wheel is spinning. I don't believe its a shifted belt, doesnt look to be at least. I tried moving the tire with the car...
  3. W

CV ?boot? advice

pretty sure its called a CV joint boot, but too modest to pretend I know. Anyway had the front wheels off for a balance and noticed that the driver front CV boot had a crack/split in it. I know nothing about this component so I have come for this forum's expertise. Pictures below. Is this a...
  4. W

Tabs in front of shifter removal.

I dont even know what to call them. There are 4 on my MKV GTI in front of the shifter. One is the ESP on/off light and the other three are blank. Does anyone know what they're called, how to remove them, or if they can even be removed? I'm planning on turning one into a jack for an AUX input...
  5. W

MKV Intake Valve Cleaning Question

ok so, I've been doing a lot of research on my Cyl 2 Misfire and rough idle. After changing plugs and a few other quick fixes, I've decided to do a cleaning. I'm confident that its within my capabilities to pull this off, I just wanted to see if anyone could clear up some questions from the...