GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Rain Tray/ Windshield Cowl and Fresh Air Intake Manifold

Hello All, I currently have a crack on the lip of the current Windshield cowl, where that plastic rain tray meets the glass. This crack is causing the rain tray to have a slight drop or sag on the passenger corner. I noticed a plastic cracking noise when it gets colder outside and I also...
  2. C

Best way to go about replacing the steering rack?

Well it is finally coming, after 11 years of daily driving and potholes, 3 different shops believe the steering rack is going. Nothing is leaking yet, I only hear creaking on both outer tie rods. When they raised the car on a platform, they turned the steering wheel and had me put my hand on...
  3. C

Rear End-Links keep failing

My car had the stock sway bar and end links on front and rear up until 123k miles. Went with the 034 Rear Sway Bar and 034 spherical end links at 123k miles. The 034 end-links ended up failing due to the heim joint I believe, rust developed in the bearing within 2 months. I then replaced them...
  4. C

Noise near the center of the engine, below the engine, when turning the steering whee

https://youtu.be/gbemVc5FNaM I attempted to record the noise that I can hear when turning the wheel either to the left or the right, when either in park or driving at slow parking lot speeds. I put the phone in the drivers side footwell and the passenger footwell, the whooshing noise is my...
  5. C

Other maintenance during carbon cleaning?

Next week I am dropping the car off at Elite motorsports for carbon cleaning, walnut blaster method. Car is at 125k miles, never had the cleaning before. They will also be putting in new OEM injectors, new cam follower(been Stage 2+ for 12k miles) and an oil change. Anything else that I...
  6. C

How often to change spark plugs/coilpacks Stage 2+?

So my car has been APR Stage 1 from 35K to 117K. I would replace spark plugs and coilpacks on the recommended timeline when I was stage 1. I am now Stage 2+ from 117k to 125,XXX, and I noticed that my car feels a little off when I idle as of recent, noticed this issue about 7 days ago. I...
  7. C

Koni FSD+Eibach pro-kit Review and Bilstein B14 PSS coilover review

Just to start off this review, this is most likely more for the mk7 owners as they google search and stumble upon this. Considering that our cars are older and most people already have the suspension of choice, I thought I could shed some light for owners of the newer platforms. I have owned...
  8. C

FS: Bilstein PSS B14 Coilovers $200

Selling this kit with 3 years of use, and 35k miles of use. Reason for sale: Purchased Koni FSD/eibach-pro kit Below is a post of how the car sits with them installed. Also posting two pictures of the kit as it was removed from the car. Included are front strut mounts/bearings and rear...
  9. C

Koni FSD/Eibach Pro-Kit Combo and Bump Stops

Currently awaiting for the kit to arrive, should be today or tomorrow. Will be scheduling the mechanic to install the kit, as well as new strut mounts and bearings, and new ball joints on passenger and driver side. My question is regarding the cutting of the bump stops. I bought new OEM...
  10. C

Adjusting coilovers while they remain on the car.

Been researching PSS10 and KW V2/V3. I noticed that a lot of the pros for the PSS10 is that you can adjust the dampening while they are on the car. Do you jack the car up, remove the tire and then adjust the dial by hand, or do you use a tool? As for the KW's, on the MK6 forum people were...
  11. C

Determining coilover ride height?

I understand that this may be in the wrong section, but I am bringing the car to the shop this Saturday to have the height adjusted on the coilovers, and needed some quick insight. 2008 GTI with Bilstein B14 PSS Coilvers that are all the way low on the car currently. Now I understand I have...
  12. C

FS: Bilstein PSS Coilovers

Purchased June 5th 2015 and installed July 21st 2015. 37,000 miles on them, no issues as they are currently on my car. I am testing the waters to see what people will offer. The rears have only 9k miles on them since I asked Bilstein to send me replacements since a V2 version came out after...
  13. C

Issue with screws and the front bumper

The yellow screws in the upper and lower image continue to come out. The T30 torx on the top image seem to come lose within 10 days of putting new ones in, and will disappear. Will loctite help? One in the lower image has managed to stay in for two years now, the other one came out about 6...
  14. C

Bilstein PSS Coilovers and ride comfort

Just curious if anyone could weigh in on this topic. Had the PSS Version for about 25k miles, mechanically they are very solid with no issues. Comfort wise they are super rough, now I knew I was getting into a situation like that with coilovers in general. They are the non-adjustable...
  15. C

Rear Swar Bar, End links, and other subframe items.

2008 GTI with 120,000 miles, I replaced all mounts on the car with new OEM mounts and used a dog bone insert on the new OEM dog bone mount at 113k miles. My only suspension mod I have would be Bilstein PSS Coils which are spun all the way down, Bilstein is not too extreme when it comes to...
  16. C

RCD330G Plus

I tried the search function and found 2 topics related, however they did not answer my questions. I have a 2008 FSI GTI with the standard headunit, and the standard sharkfin Satelite Radio Antenna. Currently I have a MPOW Bluetooth adapter plugged into the aux port in the glove box for my...
  17. C

Heat and AC Fan wont blow on any settings.

About a year ago at 102k miles I noticed that the blower would only work on setting 4. Searched the forum and I replaced the blower motor resistor. Everything has been fine with the blower motor up until last week, when it would only work on setting 4 again. I went to autozone and replaced it...
  18. C

Engine, dogbone, transmission mounts [OEM VS AFTERMARKET]

2008 FSI GTI with DSG Transmission at 112,000 miles(APR Stage 1, noise pipe delete, neuspeed intake are the only engine mods) When I accelerate and also turn the car on, I can feel the engine move as if it has much more play than it once had. Mechanic told me the engine mount will need to be...
  19. C

Bilstein PSS Coilovers

I currently have B14 PSS Coils, purchased from ECS on my FSI 2008 GTI. The rear shock part number is F4-BE3-C772-H1. Is that the B8 Shock?
  20. C

VW GTI 2008 FSI MKV FOR SALE

http://imgur.com/a/7Wfk3 All pics are located there. Can take more if requested. Long Island, New York 105,000 Miles DSG(Auto) Black 2 Door This car has been to NYC only twice, all other driving has been on the highway or Long Island. This car has been maintained by Bayside VW until the...