GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Shades

2006 CW 2.0 FSI Parts/Salvage Car FS - F23T, BSH, APR, Autotech ETC

***SOLD*** Hello all, Back in December I fell asleep at the wheel after a long day of work and ran off the road. Did not hit anything but snow packed up under the front end and did some damage. Car ran after accident until overheated due to radiator leak and fans were broken. I need this...
  2. Shades

FS: BNIB OEM Shifter Rebuild Kit

Up for sale is a BNIB OEM VW Shifter rebuild kit I purchased from ECS Tuning for $110.00 ( http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2592881/ ). Looking for $85.00 shipped.
  3. Shades

FS: 4 RS4 Injectors

Up for sale is a set of 4 used RS4 Injectors with roughly 20k miles on them. Looking for $200 shipped.
  4. Shades

How to change how I go into reverse?

So I recently learned most MKV's 6MT you push down and go into 1st gear to reverse. I thought they all were like mine where I pull up on the ring attached to the boot and go into 1st. Because I need room to pull up on the boot it makes it very hard to have an aftermarket shift knob that won't...
  5. Shades

S3 Intercooler, EVOMS Intake + more!

NEW ITEMS ADDED! Trying to get some stuff out of the way in the shop G2 BoostValve Manual Boost Controller - BNIN never install, 1/4" hose. More info here http://www.boostvalve.com/g2.html $40 + shipping ECS Tuning Noise Pipe Delete used 5k miles, perfect shape. Purchased from ECSTuning.com...
  6. Shades

GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition

Hello all! Looking to sell or trade my GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition I purchased in August. I purchased for races and for my bike but really want a DSLR now. Included is GoPro Silver Edition (perfect condition, used maybe 5 times, no scratches) 1 GoPro Battery (lasts about 3 hours or so) 1 Clear...
  7. Shades

WTB H&R Ultra lows

PM me!
  8. Shades

Help with very frustrating problems

I made a separate thread last year about some of this but I'm going to start a new one because I think things are going in a different direction. Current mods: APR stage 2, APR cat back, ebay catless DP, BSH catch can, S3 intercooler, noise pipe delete. Current issue's: Horrible progressive...
  9. Shades

WTB FSI K03

Looking for a stock k03 for FSI. PURCHASED!!
  10. Shades

Intercooler needed

Hit a pot hole in DC, rocked my car and cracked my intercooler. Looking for S3 intercooler or maybe stock. If I don't get a used one by Monday will just buy new. PM me.
  11. Shades

Advice needed...

Purchased a double din JVC unit last year. Worked fine up until 4-5 months ago 1 week before warranty was up - display/power would cut off after turning it on after a few seconds. I send it out to a JVC repair supported radio repair shop 3 weeks later I get the unit back and reinstall. Stop...
  12. Shades

Shifter cable hitting DP?

Making horrible noise in low RPM's. Ebay downpipe... Not sure if a better quality downpipe will solve this issue or what. It looks to me the metal sheet that cover the bottom of the car has been torn away by the cables rattling, slowly making this worse. You can see the cables are deteriorating...
  13. Shades

Underboosting P0299

This is a follow up to my other thread http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173143 Underboost CEL P0299; won't go above 15 psi. That strange noise on original thread ended up being my shifter cables hitting against my ebay downpipe. Mechanic smoke tested the car and no leaks. I tried...
  14. Shades

Name this sound....video inside

Rattle when downshifting or in low RPM > 1-2k in 1-3rd gear. Video is at a stand still reving to 2.5k I climbed under the car everything seems very sturdy and not moving. It sounds like it's coming from turbo or near it. No smoke, maybe slight power loss but I also have a under boost CEL...
  15. Shades

FS: OEM MKV Honeycomb grille and fogs

Up for sale is used OEM honeycomb grille with VW logo painted black. Closed fogs. Pictures are crap because I haven't washed it since I took it off the car. $100 obo. Would like to do local trade, I can drive to meet you.
  16. Shades

What kind of wheels are these?

I googled imaged and did a little searching and could not figure out. [/IMG]
  17. Shades

Intermittent overheating...

Happened 3 times now. Seems to come and go. I've driven in traffic for 1+ hours in 80 degree weather without it overheating. Started after I installed boost and volt gauge. So I immediately checked my radiator fan fuse and it was still good. Not sure which relays to check? BOTH fans are not...
  18. Shades

SevenX question....

Searched for this answer for over an hour last night with no results. On my set of SevenX's there is a bolt in the center. I plan to take my wheels off today. Do I remove this bolt and if so what is the size??
  19. Shades

Weird sound *Video inside*

Strange sound started about 4 months after I purchased the car. Now has 108k miles. APR stage 2 etc etc. No new mods recently before sound started. No rough idle. No noticeable power loss. Now before I get a "Y YOU NO SEARCH" picture reply from what I've search the location of the sound seems...
  20. Shades

MKV vs 5.0

So late last night me and a buddy were trying to play some video games and need a ethernet cord so we head down to the 24 hour Walmart. We get there and I parked next to this red 198x 5.0 who has his car running. When we come out of the Walmart (15+ minutes) the guy is still in his car with it...