GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. codaloo

'09 GTI - $7,750 - Cincinnati

I am selling my '09 GTI! It has a DSG automatic gearbox, plaid tartan cloth seats, iPod dock (in center console), heated front seats, satellite radio, heated mirrors and washer jets, 18" alloy wheels, 113k miles (mostly highway). This has been the best car I have ever owned and it's still in...
  2. codaloo

JetTurbo banned?

JetTurbo contacted me through personal email and requested I post this for him:
  3. codaloo

Armrest Installation

So, I had the leather armrest already on my car when I got it and I decided to get the cloth because I prefer that over the leather one. Today, someone else and I tried to install and when we took the armrest itself out, six pieces fell that were surrounding the screw that was holding the...
  4. codaloo

Changing FTP (Flash to Pass) Bulbs

I'd like to change my FTP bulbs with xenon or xenon-match bulbs. Are there any good brands that sell those? If so, what would be the maximum/minimum wattage I should get? Thanks!
  5. codaloo

Sticky Seat Warmer Dial

My friend left a drink in my car the other day and it started rattling after I headed home. So, I threw it out the window. I failed to realize that there was still liquid in the bottom of the cup so it splashed all over my dash and radio. It ran down my radio area and managed to leak into the...
  6. codaloo

Lock and Headliner Issues

Lock Issue: I have a two-door GTI and both of the locks lock automatically when I hit 10 MPH or whenever. After they've locked and I drive for a bit, I'll park and open the driver door and the lock is supposed to unlock by itself without my having to press the unlock button. Sometimes, when I...
  7. codaloo

FS: Leatherette Armrest - Titanium Black

I'm actually hoping to trade with someone for their grey cloth armrest. There's nothing wrong with the leatherette one that I have and it looks fine, but, it's just too annoying because I always worry about scuffing it and whatnot. I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow. Anyway, if you have...
  8. codaloo

European Headlight Switch Question

I'm really considering buying this switch in place of the stock one that I have now: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Search/Switch/ES9974/ But, if I buy and install this switch, would I need VAG-COM to make the new features work? The switch I have now has three options: off...
  9. codaloo

University of Cincinnati GTIs/Dubbers?

Hey, I'm a student at UC (Cincinnati) and I've noticed two or three other GTIs driving around campus. By any chance are you on here? If so, I'd be game for a meet-up or whatever if you'd be interested? Or if you're just an enthusiast! Just hit me up!
  10. codaloo

Fender Popping Out

I was walking to my car the other day and when I passed it I noticed that the fender was popped out of place near a latch-like thing under the left headlight. So I popped it back in. I thought I fixed it until I drove one day and parked it and it popped back out again in the same spot. It has...
  11. codaloo

Tracks Near Cincinnati?

I've been checking up on some race tracks in Ohio but I'm not getting very good results. Does anyone know of any good tracks within like, a thirty to fifty mile radius from Cincy? I've heard of Mid-Ohio and Nelson but they are pretty far away so, the closer the better!
  12. codaloo

Hawk Pads? Rotors?

So, I've decided that I'm going to buy new rotors and, most likely, Hawk pads sometime soon because I honestly can't handle my screechy brakes every time I leave my car sitting for five minutes and I was wondering if someone could give some advice about which ones are the best. I've read good...
  13. codaloo

Ice Scraper Scratches..

Literally, two months or so after I got my GTI it got really cold and flurried one night; enough that I had to use a scraper to get ice and snow off the windows the next morning. So... stupid me thought it would be ok to scrape the ice off of the entire car. I was careful about it and making...
  14. codaloo

Höen Xenonmatch Fogs

I've been reading several threads about the Höen fog lights and they seem like they get the job done pretty well. On Höen's site they have six different ones and I think everyone said to buy the 9006 bulbs. Although, the wattage isn't displayed and I don't want to buy bulbs that are going to...
  15. codaloo

Screeching Brakes?

For some reason when I leave my car sitting for awhile the brakes will screech every time I stop until the wheels revolve a few times. I'm not sure which brake, or brakes, is making the noise but it's incredibly annoying and it's happened ever since I got it last October. And my dealer said that...
  16. codaloo

TSI vs. FSI

I've been reading about the differences between the two engines and the FSI sounds like it's more powerful than the TSI (which is what my '09 has) but it has more problems and vice versa for the TSI. Am I right in my thinking? I'm just curious because I want to achieve the highest levels of...
  17. codaloo

Cargo/Hatch Cover Rattle?

So, I have an '09 GTI and I've started to notice that the cover for the hatch has an annoying rattle whenever I'm driving or idling. I'm assuming that it just doesn't fit in the slot exactly as it should. Does anyone else ave this issue? DIYs? Thanks! For clarification, by "cover for the...
  18. codaloo

Where To Buy Denver Hufeisen?

Yo, I just bought a 2009 GTI and right now it has Denver tires on it. I've been searching everywhere for a set of 18" Denver Hufeisen tires and I cannot fin them anywhere :/ I live in Cincy, so if anyone knows of a place that sells them, please let me know!