GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. vath

MKV 2-door Door Card Upholstery Removal (sonic welds)

Had to do the headliner last year and I decided to dive into the front door upholstery this year. I have the entire door panels off and have a question on how many of these plastic sonic welds need to be cut out in order to remove the piece which holds the foam. I know I have to cut out the...
  2. vath

FYI: Hood Hinge Wiring Harness (Heated Windshield Wiper Nozzles) Short Circuit!

Changed the oil in the GTI yesterday at 112,500 miles... However, it seems I opened and closed the hood 1 too many times and caused a super hidden electrical short which threw 4 fault codes, disabled airbags, blew the heated seat fuse, and disabled the A/C compressor.... I just wanted to post...
  3. vath

Fuel/Gas smell.... (engine bay)

So for about a month I've had a fuel vapor leak come outta nowhere... Well it's coming from the intake manifold area, but it just started without any symptoms or check engine lights or fault codes or abnormal fuel trims. The ONLY symptom it may have is mild sporadic backfire at idle when...
  4. vath

WTB: AWE TSI Turbo Charge Pipe and/or Neuspeed HI-FLO Air Charge Pipe

Turbo Charge Pipe: http://www.awe-tuning.com/tsi-turbo-outlet-pipe-top-black-finish Throttle Body Air Charge Pipe: http://www.neuspeed.com/106/0/0/1615/480268-hi-flo-air-charge-pipe.html looking for a deal... :biggrin:
  5. vath

Fuel injector seal question...

I've searched the internet high and low... I cleaned my intake valves this week and within the Fuel Injector seal kit was this black/silver piece. However, the part that was on my injectors was much shorter and yellowish plastic. I wish I took a picture, but unfortunately i didn't and can...
  6. vath

Which sensor wires did I just rip out during an intake manifold removal?

centered in the picture, behind the intake manifold support bracket... between and below cylinder ports 2 & 3 (yellow and brown wires)
  7. vath

CBFA O2 sensor part numbers? Bosch

Does anyone have a list of BOSCH part numbers for the 3 O2 sensors? I'm searching high and low, but can't find a list and RockAuto is not perfectly clear... 2009 TSI CBFA Bosch O2 sensors 1st: Bosch 17266 2nd: Bosch 16986 (needs plug modification) 3rd: Bosch 16066 (direct replacement) or...
  8. vath

WTB: Driver Gear (DG) Springs Part Number: 1K0071678A

anyone unloading? 2009 2-Door Manual Trans
  9. vath

Where does my Tow Hook go in the trunk foam?

I got towed out the other day and i didn't see where the tow truck operator took this from... :iono:
  10. vath

Oil Leak... Anyone see this before?

At first I thought it may have been a loose oil filter seeing how I recently just did a change a few weeks ago, but after snugging that down, I'm still getting a decent amount of oil showing up and working it's way down and mostly dropping onto what I believe is the A/C compressor and bracket...
  11. vath

Center Console 12 volt plug flap removal? anyone know how?

I just wanna remove the spring loaded flapper so i can put in a USB charger and still be able to close the compartment... I tried to wiggle it off, but i don't wanna break it off... yet
  12. vath

Lose of Booooooost 1600-2500rpm

3rd gear pull, hit WOT at 1600rpm and not too much excitement :mad0259: I've noticed a huge lose in fuel economy and seat of the pants fun... APR stage 1 with APR Downpipe to stock exhaust BSH intake Noise Pipe Delete/Plug penny for your thoughts? eng spec actu N75 rpm mbar mbar % 880...
  13. vath

Who has gotten APR stage 2 and went back to stage 1?

I'm gonna get my Clutch Masters FX-250 installed at some point to over come the slippage while in stage 1 with a BSH intake and APR downpipe... and while it's in the shop i'm considering having them flash me to APR stage 2... but I'm a daily driver and I think if there is a loss in low end...
  14. vath

Do you need to cut stock/Borla exhaust when installing APR downpipe?

Hey guys, I really wanna get the APR downpipe installed that I bought used back in November, but I currently don't have a 3" to whatever reducer. I also am not sure if the stock exhaust would have to be cut to accommodate the downpipe. Original plan was to get the Borla 140248 cat back, but I...
  15. vath

What's the name of the rubber cover that protects the FTP wiring harness?

I just noticed the rubber gnomes stole one from under the hood... :mad0259: Hoping VW has them in stock, when will VW parts go 24/7 ?! ideas on price? Arm? Leg?
  16. vath

FS: TSI BSH Competition Catch Can PA/NJ

bought this in a package deal a while back... original owner had ~9000 miles on it before it was pulled. Great clean condition, hoses were cut to fit with stock engine cover. $160 shipped
  17. vath

"001287- Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected" after BSH Race Intake install

"001287- Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected" after BSH Race Intake install 001287 - Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected. P0507 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent is this normal? I also have loud idle for like 10 seconds after a cold start.... then something...
  18. vath

FS: 18" VW 20th GTI Anniversary Rims - $600

A set of 4 18" 20th Anniversary GTI rims. All of the rims are in decent shape and have never been driven in the winter. The current tires that are on them do not have much if any tread life on them but are on them only to keep them from getting scratched. $600
  19. vath

I'm experiencing a slight SLAM or engine bucking while accelerating...

:iono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGuJW6moWs Stage 1 APR, Noise Pipe plugged (still properly sealed) almost 40,000k. No oil blowout near oil fill cap... I get 2 small slams at 5 seconds into this video... I was cruising 65mph on the highway and during accelerating from 2500 to 3000+...