GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Got to play tag last night

Drunk driver hit and ran me. boo no injuries or anything, the way she hit it didn't feel like much more than a bump it was louder than hell though and pieces of my car went flying everywhere it was kind of cool to watch, I'd estimate she was going 60ish. She tagged me on the way out of an...
  2. P

Solowerks S1 fix

If any of you are familiar with the Solowerks S1 coils and the squeaking clunking that comes from the front end when some sets are installed I need your help/input! I have contacted the company a few times and they say the are working on a fix (last time was a month or so ago so I am calling...
  3. P

Midwest Volksfest

Anyone in Indy going? I'll be there :biggrin:
  4. P

So about fender pulling...

Both of my front fenders are getting due for a repaint and I'd like to go ahead and pull them while I'm at it, question is... How much room can I create and where do I start/what should I pay if I have them done at a shop?
  5. P

So I found my old car on craigslist...

and I have just enough cash to buy it, but damn would it be a dumb decision. I really just want to call the kid and ask if I can test drive it just because I miss driving it, but anyways similar to a pretty fun to read thread over on mk6 what were your guys previous rides? Edit: also just...
  6. P

Sway bar install headache

Posted about this in general, but I was somewhat vague and have also run into yet another problem.. I have a set of eibach sway bars ready to go, but I cannot get the bushings into the stock front mounting brackets no matter what I try, how big of a press do you need to do this? I feel as if I...
  7. P

Sway bar install confusion

Okay irritated... Picked up front and rear eibach sway bars today new in the package, says to reuse stock brackets. How in the hell do you get the stock brackets off? If I can't reuse them where can I order new ones... I'm not in a fantastic mood about this
  8. P

Need some help finding an Emblem

Hey guys, quick question that has been driving me insane. I need to buy a replacement front emblem for my gti, I don't need the entire assembly but if it comes with one I could care less, I just need the chrome badge. I've found a few places that sell them like ECS etc, but it is such a...
  9. P

FS: Forge Spacer, WTB:Front Emblem or Jetta Grille

Forge spacer pics if needed. was on my car for roughly 1500 miles give or take. Starting at $40 OBO OR Trade for a front MKV Gti bumper VW emblem OR Trade + cash from me for a Jetta Grille/bumper, may consider lower and fogs as well.
  10. P

WTB:Front emblem

If anyone has a front emblem laying around I'd love to purchase it, I can live with just the emblem itself, but the twistie housing wouldnt be bad either. Pm me
  11. P

Finally... Solowerks S1 details

Check out that mess... I just feel accomplished at the moment and I finally fixed the rubby obnoxious clunking suspension hell hole that was my mkv ...sort of. Pictures are horrible I know, but they were just some quick snapshots after I got done fixing everything Now that I've been on the...
  12. P

Phalen123's thread/test dump

I'm going to upload future pictures in here to, but I'm just testing how much pb mobile kills my picture quality from my already fantastic quality cell phone pictures This isn't a great picture of the car btw, but it makes a pretty neat background imo
  13. P

Question about timing belt change...

I've been searching around yada yada and the problem that I can't find a kit that has all the stuff that I need keeps coming up. I know a better deal can be had than ECS, but this seems to be the most complete kit. I guess my question is does this really have everything I need and can I find...
  14. P

An idea...

I don't know about you guys, but I am an avid detailer/paint worker with vehicles and I FUCKING HATE the front end of this stupid car. I hate how busy the front is, it doesn't look bad whatsoever, but when it comes to claying/waxxing/buffing/getting bugs and shit off it I about yank my hair out...
  15. P

Finally got my coils on ...mostly

A few before shots (ignore the window paint lol, I'm loved.) I still need to put the sway bar mounts on, but I don't have that stupid little triple square bit for them, if there is some magic trick to this I'm missing please inform me. Any help would be appreciated. Coils are SoloWerks S1's...
  16. P

coilover install trouble

Basically just need soem quick help. I cannot seem to get the left rear lower shock bolt thing loose no matter what i do, I've been pb breakering it like crazy, but i cant do it, is there some magic tip I'm missing? I've tried it with it the control arm jacked up and down
  17. P

Clunking/ticking from left front end

Well basically I'm getting a clucking/ticking under deceleration from the front left, I can feel it coming from the wheel well area, specifically when downshifting into 4th, 3rd, and it is somewhat noticeable in 2nd and slows down as I slow down. I checked the wheels and they feel fine. I'm not...
  18. P

So how much does it take to go big turbo?

I'm curious and clueless. I know there are kits, but I keep seeing forum posts saying "it can be done for cheaper" yada yada basically I can do welding and what not so can I re use my header? or what? I'm looking for at least 315+ horsepower Also what all is required?
  19. P

What is this part called? I need a replacement.

(a link would be fantastic to :thumbsup:)