GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. JRutter

TT steering rack?

I've got TT spindles, LCAs, and tie rods (had to mill off the ends of the steering rack to get the TT rods to mate up properly). Recently began experiencing some shimmying when crossing road seams like lane changes or entering off ramps. I thought maybe a bushing was bad or a bolt was loose. I...
  2. JRutter

Track capable brake pads for daily driver?

Or alternately, a good procedure for switching back and forth? I have run into issues with changing pads for track days. Even if I get them on a few days in advance to try to scrape off the old transfer layer, I often get bed in issues with uneven transfer and scoring or judder. It would be...
  3. JRutter

tripodding - good or bad, or depends?

Ran my first auto-x in 3 years (my second one ever) last weekend, just for fun. After seeing some photos of my runs, I was wondering if 3-wheeling it is a good thing, or does it indicate that my inputs are way too abrupt?
  4. JRutter

Tire diameter (sidewall ratio) choices

It is time for me to get new summer tires this year, and if I can swing it, maybe a set of dedicated track wheels and tires. In general, is it better to go slightly larger or slightly smaller than stock diameter when going to a slightly wider than stock tire? If it matters, I have a VR6, so...
  5. JRutter

Tires that can handle wet track days?

Here in the PNW, it seems like every track event has some wet conditions, everything from evening showers that leave just a damp morning surface to actual rain that leaves standing water. I am thinking about getting a track day wheel setup and am wondering what top 3 tire candidates I should...
  6. JRutter

How to find wider wheel options on Tire Rack?

Does anyone know if there is a way to search Tire Rack for specific wheel specs rather than by model? I would like to find some wider options in lightweight wheels, like 17x8.5 ET40-45. Stuff that barely fits on the Mk5 to let me run 255 tires. Alternately, does anyone have recommendations...
  7. JRutter

PSS10 setup

I've had PSS10s on my A3 (like a 5-door .:R in many ways) for a few months. They do well on smooth asphalt and the track, but I am having some issues with lesser road surfaces. Basically, If I dial the damping down, I get a lot of bobbing and feel like I am either slapping the coils together...