GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. theguy1084

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

I haven't had any issues with it.
  2. theguy1084

Not Vdub related but big turbo related. This was one of the owners cars where I dynoed. It's running mid 500whp on 93oct and built to run E85 which he said puts down mid 700. If I remember right it's a pte6262. Not a big Honda fan but the build looked well done.
  3. theguy1084

Got it hooked up for the most part. Still waiting on my intake from PPT so I can try it out. So how much clutch chatter is normal. It's worse with the a/c on. I'm just on edge about any trans noise after my last incident. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-zAzho3mIU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  4. theguy1084

Does anyone have any idea of what the tread size might be for my ebc. It's a Gizzmo IBC-R but the solenoid looks identical to most other ebc setups. I thought 1/8npt but the thread is different. I am having trouble with GizzmoUSA contact form on their website
  5. theguy1084

This is what I ended up doing. Part of me wishes that I didn't care as much as I do about a clean install. I spent more time hiding and tucking wires than I did hooking things up. It's not about show but it's gotta look clean.
  6. theguy1084

That's a badass mug. I had a few drinks and this with the wife.
  7. theguy1084

42DD Mounted. Now I'm trying to figure out where to put the EBC solenoid.
  8. theguy1084

I know what I am doing this weekend!
  9. theguy1084

This what I have. I you want that fitting you could shoot me a few $ through PayPal for shipping and I will have it out this week.
  10. theguy1084

More stock parts +

shocks and front end links sold! Inlet tube on engine cover sold! Engine cover sold! turbo sold! Spacers sold! I've got some stock parts that are just taking up attic space sold Stock turbo with about 25k miles $300 shipped some parts sold Stock suspension with about 8k miles $200 shipped Apr...
  11. theguy1084

you can see mine was leaking at the turbo outlet. I tightened mine more but I didn't notice any "lean". Sometimes you can loosen the clamp and spin/readjust it to fix the leak.
  12. theguy1084

Shift light

Has anyone installed one? If so which one and where did you get the tach signal from?
  13. theguy1084

ECS filter housing

Does anyone have one of these? I just got one and it keeps leaking. I torqued it as instructed and it leaked all over my garage. I took it off adjusted the seal and it was better but still leaked. Has anyone had this issue? The seal that came with the new filter looks ok.
  14. theguy1084

Maybe I wasn't as lucky as I thought. Best case scenario is to clean up the surfaces, check run out, and roll with what I've got. Worst case is a new flywheel and crank. I'll go with the first one for now. The crank is all metal transfer from the flywheel so either way I think it can be...
  15. theguy1084

So I found my trans/clutch noise! It doesn't look like it damaged the clutch disc or pressure plate.
  16. theguy1084

WTT:390WHP 2008 GTI for an R32

Here is the link on Vortex. I am not itching to get rid of it. I just wanted to see if there was any interest in this. Thanks. Click here to see!!!
  17. theguy1084

WTT:390WHP 2008 GTI for an R32

Here is the link on Vortex. I am not itching to get rid of it. I just wanted to see if there was any interest in this. Thanks. Click here to see!!!
  18. theguy1084

Dynoed my car today

387WHP 307WTQ. Once I upgrade my LPFP it will be 400+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O35Fx9Il9mM&context=C374ffbcADOEgsToPDskJE1XZz8NplE4n87-0IyQUs
  19. theguy1084

Turbo kit installed and some issues

The best way to describe it is at idle or while driving(cruising or under power), it's like if someone turned the key of and then back on before the car fully shut of. When this happens the engine and epc light flash. There are no faults stored. I did a throttle adaption and it was ok. It...
  20. theguy1084

Buy my turbo kit

Anyone near Charleston, SC or willing to meet up part way I will give a nice deal.:thumbsup: Check out my turbo kit