GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. raydub

TWM Shift Knob, Gunmetal, Steal! (not steel)

hey! i've had this weighted beauty on my GTI and my S5 and loved it. such a perfect size in-hand, pleasing weight and undeniable build quality. it's the A6 Leopard (a ball with a short neck) and starts at $119, but the gunmetal finish is $157 + $17 for engraved pattern = $174 plus i paid $19...
  2. raydub

TWM Shift Knob, Gunmetal, Steal! (not steel)

hey! i've had this weighted beauty on my GTI and my S5 and loved it. such a perfect size in-hand, pleasing weight and undeniable build quality. it's the A6 Leopard (a ball with a short neck) and starts at $119, but the gunmetal finish is $157 + $17 for engraved pattern = $174 plus i paid $19...
  3. raydub

Cheapest lease possible on a new A5

anybody have any info? here's what I want for the lease: as little possible down and as little possible for the monthly payment. i'll take any term (2 or 3 yrs is fine) and I want it to be white, stick, and I want navigation. any help on a fair price?
  4. raydub

Anybody else replace radiator at 90k?

i'm pretty annoyed right now. why is my radiator leaking so soon? anyone else have this issue? vw wants $400 for the radiator and coolant @ 5 hrs of labor = $999 OY.
  5. raydub

Any Ravers Here? I Need Rave Gloves

...headed to coachella in 10 days... got any suggestions for good prices/quality?
  6. raydub

Cheetah is faster than GTI

..and the Enzo Ferrari http://goodheartextremescience.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/drag-race-cheetah-takes-on-a-ferrari/
  7. raydub

Any Fixed Gear Riders? [pic attached]

figured there were some of you out there.. notice the hidden panda in the wall:
  8. raydub

Trading for an A4, but then..

..i drove the a4. ugh. of course it was refined, but just felt way fatter, slower and bigger than i had expected. i had a 330i before my gti, and while the gti felt smaller, it wasn't leaps and bounds better as far as a connected experience. the a4 felt like a giant, numb appliance around me...
  9. raydub

Tone Instead of Horn When Locking?

when i lock my doors w the fob, the lights blink but there is no horn. it's going to the dealer this week to be fixed. do you know if they can replace the ghetto-ass horn honking sound with a tone? ya know, those subtle beeps you hear from other cars? i hate the horn. reminds me of a cheapo...
  10. raydub

rear pads wear faster than fronts? REALLY?

the service advisor on the phone at vw told me that my rear pads were very worn. they then continued to tell me that the rears wear out almost twice as fast as fronts.. and this is only true on GTIs. huh?
  11. raydub

Update: Still Love My Short Shifter

not sure how long it's been (few months at least), but the ds short shifter still remains my favorite mod ever. it's a joy to shift every time i get into my car. it's especially appreciated when i drive someone else's high performance car and feel how sloppy and long-throwed the shifts feel in...
  12. raydub

Name That Bumper Contest!

if you know, you win the respect of this forum! actually, i don't know how to movie topics, so i added it here, too. sorry, moderators..
  13. raydub

Anybody know the name of this A4 kit?

i'm looking to buy a sedan, and this is what i want. a4 2.0t, stick, nav, R8 rims and this kit. only problem: which kit is this?!
  14. raydub

pads/bolts from VW or cheap place?

hey! my dealer says i need rear brake pads and i mentioned that i'd rather spend less at a local shop for less expensive labor. they seemed to understand, but mentioned that the pads i use from a mom/pop shop will squeak. can ya help me? thnx!
  15. raydub

Anybody been to Japan? Travel tips wanted..

hey.. i'm headed to japan with my buddy and wanted to know if any of you had some must-have tips for traveling there. not looking for the basic tips that you'd get from a quick google search. i'd like more of an insider's take. we'll be there for about 8 days and are staying in shunjuku...
  16. raydub

New A6 in my lot today..

looks really good. love the new front end.
  17. raydub

when i lock, horn doesn't chirp. wtf

the lights blink, that's it. i've searched the forum and the manual. grrrr this car!
  18. raydub

sweet blueish hue.. covered?

the left one looks like it lost its blue-ness. my vw tech told me that "bulbs" were covered under warranty. i wonder if that includes headlights. my guess is i'm screwed and will have to pay a ton for that sweet bluish hue.
  19. raydub

Drop-in Air Filter | Price, Pros & Cons

i hear a drop-in panel air filter (dry, no oil) is good for our car. is this true? i'm wondering what the benefits are of the different options. i tried the search, i'm getting nothing useful. thnx for any help :)
  20. raydub

What are ECS mounts and why are they good?

total rookie question, i know. just wondering what these things are, what they do, and why are they better than the stock ones i assume i already have. i did google and it talks about transmission stuff that made no sense to me. can somebody let me know in plain english? thnx!