GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Bake

FS: Winter Setup in CT

What: Winter setup. 4 steel wheels and 4 Blizzak LM-25 tires size 205/55/16 Where: Manchester CT Price: $150 for all 4 if you pick them up Condition: 3 tires are in Good shape and have a few seasons left, 1 tire probably has 1-2 seasons left. See pics for condition. I used these for 2 seasons...
  2. Bake

FS: cleaning out garage

I recently sold my car. below are some parts that were left behind. All prices are OBO. i prefer local but will ship some items at buyers expense. please PM me for any additional info or pics. Chrome front and rear VW emblem. Rear is complete latch mechanism. front emblem has broken tab on one...
  3. Bake

FS: VCDS Vag Com Cable

Traded my car in on Monday. Selling my VCDS Mico Can vagcom cable. Used multiple times for people in CT. Works perfect. (can post a pic later tonight if someone needs it). PM me for quickest response. $200 OBO shipped anywhere in the 48 states. -Bake
  4. Bake

FS: GIAC Flashloader

Up for sale is a GIAC flashloader used to switch between programs quick and easy. Plugs in to your OBDII port. Used for 3 years and works perfectly. Price: $60 shipped to continental US OBO
  5. Bake

FS: 2008 4DR CW GTI (TSI) Stage 2

Name: Bake Location: Manchester, CT VIN: PM for vin, clean carfax. Make: VW Model: GTI, 4-Door Hatch Year: 2008.5 Engine: TSI 2.0L Turbo Trans: Auto DSG w/paddle shifters & tiptronic Mileage: 84,723 Price: $10,500 (OBO) Reason: Considering buying a MKV R32 and doing an engine/turbo build...
  6. Bake

Bad n75 affect specified boost?

Just as the title reads, would a bad n75 controller affect the specified boost of a car? or just the actual? ran tons of logs last night and my n75 was at 96% from 2K rpms all the way to redline. no bueno. :frown: my specified boost never went above 18.5psi. the only good news is, i was...
  7. Bake

In NOLA for the week...

Hey all, in NOLA for the week... Any spots i should check out? Sitting at Ryan's Irish Pub currently...
  8. Bake

FS: Misc parts, cosmetic & PCV

who: Bake where: Manchester, CT why: cleaning basement price: all prices OBO, willing to ship contact: PM me for OBO or shipping prices, or with any questions/pic requests sorry for the crappy pics, my iPad has a terrible camera. All parts are off a 4-door 2008 GTI, TSI. I have two Newsouth TSI...
  9. Bake

Need help for a friend *logs/pics/vid*

Hey all, I have a friend that's having some issues with his 07 GTI. He has a K&N Intake and APR Stage 1 tune. His car is making no power at all and the turbo has a crazy whine, a howl even, to it. Sounds like an open-dump Diesel truck. I scanned his car last night and got the following codes...
  10. Bake

My car is screwed!!!

I'll give the readers digest version for now... :cool: My car was idling real rough in a parking lot, between 500rpm's and 2K rpm's. I thought coilpack. no CEL at this moment. Decided to drive the car to a local shop and on the drive the car decveloped a LOUD screeching noise best described as...
  11. Bake

FS: Forge CC for TSI

Name: Bake Location: Manchester, CT What: Forge Catch Can with updated hoses and 42DD quick-drain kit Price: $250 shipped to 48 states OBO Contact: PM here or e-mail Bake3103@gmail.com I have for sale a Forge CC for TSI engine with a 42DD quick drain kit installed. I bought this back in July...
  12. Bake

Need Help: PCV/Boost issue

For the last 4 months i've been hitting only 18psi max. When i ran logs the requested psi was 22 and actual was 18. N75 value was at 96% the entire way. I tested the PCV system by removing the dipstick at idle and the car ran exactly the same. I then removed the oil cap at idle and again the car...
  13. Bake

DIY: TSI DV Relocation

After replacing my Rev D diverter valve with a Forge replacement valve I decided to relocate the entire DV towards the front of my car so I could service the valve easier. After doing some research, sending plenty of PM's and throwing together a parts list, I was finally able to complete the...
  14. Bake

Popping noise from intake

Today I decided to empty my catch can, for the first time, I was surprised at how much gunk was already in there after only 3K miles. :yikes: after that I started my car to make sure the hoses were on tight and I noticed a "popping" type sound coming from my intake filter. This sounds almost...
  15. Bake

Ok to run Africa plate with no catch can?

I recently installed a catch can on my GTI and my car runs like crap with the CC installed. During troubleshooting I decided to just run the Africa plate directly into the port on the back of my intake pipe. The car ran like a monster with this setup, best i've ever felt it run. Would it be at...
  16. Bake

My VCDS Logs

I ran logs for the first time today. Unfortunately, I don't have Excel on my computer, I only have Works Spreadsheet. I didn't run a graph, but the numbers are shown below. I see that my car is no where near the requested boost at low RPM's and again from 4400rpm's-6400rpm's. I am, however...
  17. Bake

AWE boost gauge calibration

Hey all, I've been trying to resolve my boost and vac (in.hg) numbers for a little while now. Today i decided to take my dash apart and check out the gauge itself. I think this is a mechanical gauge, the older AWE style, but i'm not 100% sure of the mechanical part. My question is, what is...
  18. Bake

In.Hg numbers at idle

I've always heard that the TSI engine, and GTI's in general, are around 18 in.hg on a boost gauge when just sitting at idle. My car never goes below 15-16... is that abnormal or any sort of sign of a boost leak? Thanks in advance.
  19. Bake

Kenwood DDX419 Review

Yesterday I had my factory radio replaced with a Kenwood DDX419 in-dash unit. Right off the bat I could tell that the sound clarity and quality was greatly improved. The factory speakers sounded like they really came to life!! I was able to have all my steering wheel controls hooked up to work...
  20. Bake

Intake parts for sale

Who: Bake Where: Manchester, CT Why: Bought new intake Price: Carbonio Stage 2 pipe - **SOLD** Custom Stage 1 pipe with K&N filter & CBFA hose - $65 shipped OBO Notes: Stage 2 pipe coupler that attaches to turbo has small rip in it, as noted in picture below (stock airbox coupler). The clamp...