GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

What size lug nut socket do I need for MKV gti wheels ?

Just picked up an impact wrench for swapping summer/winter wheels. What size socket do I need for the oem mkv gti lug nuts ?
  2. C

MK7 GLI Steering Wheel on MKV GTI ?

Ive read posts about installing a MK7 GTi steering wheel on a MKV Gti, but what about a MK7 GLi steering wheel ? Will it fit on a MKV Gti ?
  3. C

Can you fit a scooter in the trunk ?

Wondering if anyone has moved a scooter (yes, a motor scooter...a Honda Elite 80) in the Gti before ? I'm thinking maybe the tail end first with the front end sticking out a bit ?
  4. C

APR Rear Sway Bar Bushing Size ?

The bushings are bad on my APR rear sway bar for my 2007 GTI. I purchased the sway bar in 2011. Anyone know what size and where to buy new bushings ? Any other swaybar hardware I should replace ? APR no longer sells the sway bar. APR says it was manufactured by Hotchkis. Possibly 27mm ?
  5. C

Upgrading head unit to add Apple Car Play.

Im considering upgrading my MKV Gti head unit to something that has built in bluetooth and car play. Like the Sony XAV-AX100 Anyone have any experience with such an upgrade ? In particular how it would work with the steering wheel controls ? Thanks !
  6. C

FREE: MKV Gti oem tail lights

Removed from a 2007 MKV Gti Excellent condition Free to whoever wants to pick up in Chicago PM me
  7. C

MKV Gti Rear Struts Question

I was starting to hear loud hollow clunking sounds from my rear when going over bumps. Took it to a local mechanic who says I need new rear struts. He said to buy the entire strut tower and he can install. Any recommendations on what to buy ? Its my daily driver which I drive hard. Looking to...
  8. C

Small SUV Recommendation

Ironically we had a Mini Countryman S All4 prior to our current SUV and thought it was too small and felt very plasticky and cheap. The run flat tires and only four seats didn't help We have a 2 yr old with another kid on the way It would be my wife's daily driver along with our weekend grocery...
  9. C

Small SUV Recommendation

We live in the city (Chicago) and currently drive a larger SUV and are looking to downsize into something smaller (Our second car is a Gti) Given we put less than 6000 miles a year on it, we're leaning towards a lease We really like the look of the 2017 Tiguan Anyone know when it officially...
  10. C

FREE: OEM MKV Gti grill/fog light mesh grille.

free located in Lincoln Park, Chicago pickup only lower for light grill (two pieces) great condition. original vw brand honeycomb style (closed, not open and vented like aftermarket part)
  11. C

Good shop in Chicago for caliper painting ?

Im looking to paint calipers (not on my Gti) Anyone know of a good shop in the Chicago area ?
  12. C

FS: 18" Detroit wheels w/ tires. Original VW Brand.

FS: 18" Detroit wheels w/ tires. Original VW Brand $250 Selling Original 18" Detroit wheels and tires. All wheels are scuffed but perfectly straight with no bends Local pick up only in the Chicago area. 1 tire is flat, the rest are in great shape $250 more info here...
  13. C

Is GRD still in business ?

Several email and phone call attempts but no luck getting a hold of anyone I know they moved from Villa Park further west, but are they even still in business ?
  14. C

Where to paint lowers in Chicago ?

Anyone have a good body shop they recommend for painting the lowers on a car ? (lower black plastic bumbers painted white to match the car)
  15. C

WTB: 1 Detroit Wheel 18"

Looking to buy just 1 Detroit wheel With or Without Tire Local in Chicago or will pay for shipping
  16. C

Where to buy oem wheels ? (Besides dealership)

My buddy curbed my wheel pretty bad and is buying me a new wheel 18" Detroit Where is a good place to get a decent deal on 1 new wheel ?
  17. C

Need a good mechanic in Chicago.

Have a 2007 Gti and looking to do some work including: - valve cleaning (carbon build up) - new timing belt - dsg fluid change Any good recommendations ? Thanks
  18. C

90K miles & looking to keep my Gti for much longer. What should I change ?

I have a 2007 MKV with 92k miles. All stock and original parts with the exception of a downpipe and Stage 2 tune. I was recently diagnosed with pretty bad carbon build up which is something Ill be fixing. Along with that, Im wondering what else can I do to bring some pep back to the car and...
  19. C

Carbon build up. Dealer wants $900 to fix ?!

Just got back from the dealer who quoted me $900 to remove carbon build up which is causing a misfire and check engine light. The price seems ridiculous. Is this a difficult DIY ? Will an engine/fuel treatment (or 2 or 3) help to start resolve the issue ? Yes, I know; lots of posts on this...
  20. C

Tempted to upgrade to MK6. Good Deal ?

After going to the dealer to get my oil changed, I got the itch to upgrade; I currently have a 2007 DSG MKV w/ 91k miles. White, 4 Door, xenon (no other options) Dealer is offering $7000 on a trade (car needs a few repairs) They have a 2012 for $23,000. White, DSG, 4 Door, 7k miles, NAV...