GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ROH ECHT

Looking for knowledge on 2.0 fuel issues

That's quite a list. P2122 is a failed throttle pedal assembly. Just not sure if that would affect a throttle-body adaptation. But one shouldn't assume there is but one problem currently. There's likely steps for diagnosing it all, so to rule out any code overlap. Steps which could prevent you...
  2. ROH ECHT

DSG filter Housing ??

↑ I thought I posted this before, some days ago. ↑ But apparently it didn't post. Then today it appeared in the comment box, as though it was saved all of this time. This, in the OP's profile, threw me off. Not that I would've known which trans it was; as GTI's knew.
  3. ROH ECHT

OK, I get it. I thought, and confused myself thinking, you swapped it from the banjo to the bamboo fitting. But didn't swap the fuel line. Did you make sure the sealing washer was still there between the fitting and the HPFP? You can see if any of these links help regarding TSB 01-09-04...
  4. ROH ECHT

You really have more to understand about this engine, and so; A P2122 code referring to the accelerator (pedal) position sensor is for a failure within the throttle pedal assembly...not the throttle body; as the other codes refer to. "I noticed was the high pressure sensor had broken in half...
  5. ROH ECHT

What would cause a car to rev high when starting and immediately fall down?

OK...obviously you aren't equipped with a diagnostic tool or VCDS. The issue is likely caused by an air inlet leak, or it could be an engine seal leak. But could be due to something other than those. You can only determine any of this by viewing some data; fuel trims, MAF report, fuel pressures...
  6. ROH ECHT

Choosing the right PCV-valve... ?

Then why not posting this on the MK6 Forum? https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php The MK5 TSI has the EA888 Gen-1. The EA888 Gen-2 is in the MK6. The Rev.-AH is still the latest version for Rev.-E you currently have though...right?
  7. ROH ECHT

OK...the Rev.-AH is the latest version for Rev.-E. The only mention of the difference, I read, is the two variances are internally equipped with a different number of valves which direct or redirect the flow of vapors to the intake or turbo. But I've personally seen no confirmation on that...
  8. ROH ECHT

Based on what I am seeing; it seems AH is for a certain build period...pre-2014. I would think you should refer to the part number of the original PCV, which you didn't mention, and only swap in one that is the latest revision of the PCV meant for it. I found this (below), but it seems vague at...
  9. ROH ECHT

Power loss when driving- won’t go above 20mph

These two codes will not pinpoint the issue. There could be multiple causes for them. Data is likely the only way to isolate the cause and diagnose the problem. But maybe the info in these two links will help you some...these two codes could be the cause of the O2 faults as well...
  10. ROH ECHT

Any DM K04+ users still out there?

I have the old loader, and I tranferred all of my DM files to the new laptop. But I could not load "xconsole" onto the new laptop with Windows 11. I've given up since all this. Thank you though.
  11. ROH ECHT

Isn't it odd what a new MAF sensor can do?

So......... I let it go one year with the Hitachi MAF and ended the year with an average of 29.3 mpg (US)/35.2 mpg (IMP). But throughout the last year, I've noticed a lull during light acceleration...felt as though it were waiting on something. I meant to log the MAF data during a quick snap of...
  12. ROH ECHT

APR High-Flow Direct-Replacement Intake Filters are Here!

OK...thank you. I clicked "Specs" for the drop-down and found it;
  13. ROH ECHT

Anyone had to change rear wheel bearing hub yet?

So just an update on the SKF rear hub I installed some 9 years ago, and all is still good. I purchased two rear hubs at the time thinking the other may go bad soon but it hasn't. So I have one on deck should it happen...knock on wood.
  14. ROH ECHT

APR High-Flow Direct-Replacement Intake Filters are Here!

What I don't see mentioned, and what may be helpful to others is; are they Dry-Flow (cleaned with synthetic filter cleaner) or are they oil-charged? Your link doesn't provide information on the type of cleaner needed nor whether or not they require recharging with oil.
  15. ROH ECHT

Found a weird spring on top of my gearbox

I've never seen a spring like that in the engine bay. I can only think perhaps someone who worked on it in the past used the spring to hold on to something (light, cord, disconnected harness)...and forgot it, or dropped it and couldn't find it. Or perhaps the shift linkage was previously damaged...
  16. ROH ECHT

GTI blowing white smoke when driven hard

Typically it has ring issues when it smokes just after full throttle; when you let off the throttle. And again when you follow that getting back on the throttle. Compression range is low, but within spec. Unless there's too great a difference between any of them. As you can see; 102 psi is the...
  17. ROH ECHT

Sway bar from MKV GTI FITTING TO MKV TDI?

Exactly, I don't think it would've been made any different...so long as it too has rear independent.
  18. ROH ECHT

Sway bar from MKV GTI FITTING TO MKV TDI?

The Golf TDI, here, left after the last year of the MK4 and didn't return until 2010; first year of the MK6...so no TDI was available here in the MK5; except for in the Jetta. I know the MK5 rear sway bar is listed here to fit these, and so the same bar should fit the MK5 Golf TDI. I think I...
  19. ROH ECHT

Changed the upstream O2 sensor (mechanic thinks it’s the downstream now) but the other 4 codes popped up

Well the dipstick, yes if not sealed, will cause an un-metered inlet air code. The N75 is a valve. If the N75 is cracked or has a leak in the hoses; this too could cause an un-metered inlet air code. It's tough to say what would've shown, or to assume anything, when another has done the leak...
  20. ROH ECHT

Changed the upstream O2 sensor (mechanic thinks it’s the downstream now) but the other 4 codes popped up

"was <1 psi of air that was coming from the dipstick which needs to be replaced (the suction is gone). Could that possibly be it?" Well, that is an air inlet leak and there could be more not yet discovered. When it is not in boost, the inlet manifold and PCV allows the application of vacuum to...