GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Braking and turning.

Has anyone noticed that our cars really don't like braking and turning? I know that braking in a straight line and then turning is usually the fastest and best way of doing things, but the autocross I was at today had a decreasing radius element that basically required me to brake while I was...
  2. B

FS: 2008 R32, 13,000 miles

Posting this for a good buddy of mine: Literally the cleanest CAR I've ever seen, still even has the plastic on the door kick panels and everything. Anyone interested, feel free to shoot me a PM.
  3. B

Wheel/tire fitment

So the GTI with suspension mods gets put in STX, where the maximum tire width is 265mm and the maximum wheel width is 9.0in. What's the widest wheel people run with stock fenders? I'll likely be on DriverGear springs. I'm thinking I could probably fit 245s on a 17x8, but I dunno.
  4. B

Tornadoes

Not sure if this goes in general discussion or OT, but both my buddy's MKV R and my MKV GTI got hit by trees from the tornadoes in Minneapolis sunday. The R got it worse with about $10,000 in damage, my GTI got off with only a roof panel and windshield damage. The R The GTI IB4CoolStoryBro.
  5. B

LOL@FSI PCV

So I'm stage 1, last week I was running a little rough so I took my oil cap off and sure enough, pressure coming out. So I put car back to stock mode, took it into the dealership and had the PCV replaced, along with my intake flap motor because I just got the fault for that. I figured I'd get...
  6. B

Heat cycling tires.

Hey, just got some new rubber for this season and was just wondering if/how other MKV guys heat cycle their rubber. I went with Ventus RS-3s because I need tires with a treadwear rating of 140 or above to compete in ST. Would I see much benefit heat cycling these and letting them sit first, or...
  7. B

So I'm having a bit of a crisis

Took my GTI in to get my rattling door speakers replaced under warranty and got an '09 Eos lux as a loaner. It's a really nice car! Should I be questioning my sexuality for liking an Eos? :P
  8. B

Tire question

So I came across what may be a killer deal on a set of DOT racing slicks from a local guy getting a different car. Anyway, my question is, will slicks even be worth it for me, and will I even be able to make use of them? I'm planning on just autocrossing in GS this summer, with maybe a...