GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Ruan

oem R32 muffler on GTI

Hi guys! I have searched everywhere and can't get a definitive answer! Would an oem R32 muffler fit a mk5 gti? I believe the oem R32 muffler has some valve on the right hand side exhaust tip which would have to be removed?
  2. Ruan

White smoke...

Hi guys! I have a 2006 Mk5 GTI bwa motor. Whenever I start the car I notice some white smoke coming from the exhaust but it dissapears after a while. It happens on cold starts mostly and sometimes when going WOT. I have a 3" catless dp leading to an R32 rear with high flow exhaust boxes and a...
  3. Ruan

Fitting a tsi k03 to an fsi k03

Has anyone fitted a IHI k03 as found on the TSI's to an FSI motor? I can get one for a great price. Only concern is the tsi turbo doesn't have a rear pcv port like the fsi turbo has so one needs to work around that. The ihi turbo's boost quite high safely and am more efficient than the k03 one...
  4. Ruan

Duty cycle

I recently ran some logs on my car, duty cycle is staying at 99% for some reason and the car won't do more than 1.25bar even though it is requesting 1.5bar. I have replaced all boostpiping and swopped intake, I have even pressure tested the system and I have ZERO leaks anywhere. I have fitted a...
  5. Ruan

TSI turbo on FSI

Been curious about this for a while, but has anyone fitted a IHI k03 from the mk5 or 6 tsi to a mk5 TFSI?
  6. Ruan

How do my logs look?

Ran some logs during 33 degree celcius heat. The car really runs GREAT and I managed to run dead even with a bud of mine's mk6 GTI with revo stage 2 that makes over 400nm and pretty decent hp. Running revo stage2+ with s3 cooler, full exhaust, wmi and evoms v-flow. Why is my airflow so low...
  7. Ruan

Exhaust+revo question!

Hey guys! I have a 3" catless dp mated to the stock resonator and then a Y piece with 2 boxes for the R32 rear i'm running. I'm running B9 T6 F6 revo settings on 2+ with wmi. I noticed the past while WHEN shifting driving slowly I have this gurgle in my exhaust. Is it normal?
  8. Ruan

Cam follower switch out intervals

I'm on revo 2+ with an autotech HPFP upgrade and I drive my car quite hard. What is the recomended interval for switching out the follower? I have heard some guys say 5000km or 3000miles per follower?
  9. Ruan

TTRS wheels pic help

I have searched everywhere for a pic, but does anyone have a pic of a mk5 with 19" TTRS wheels fitted?
  10. Ruan

What's left to do?

I have pretty much maxed out my options on what I can do on the car performance wise. K04 is a little out of my reach financially because it is a very costly mod to do over here. I have done the following: *S3 cooler *Evoms k04 intake with heatshields *3" dp ending in R32 rear exhaust *WMI *NGK...
  11. Ruan

Control arm bushings.

Hi guys! With my car up on a lift the other day I noticed some tears in the rubber of my control arm bushes. Do I replace with OEM again or is there anything better out there? I had a look at powerflex but they seem too harsh.
  12. Ruan

Exhaust query

Need some info on my exhaust. I have a 3" dp leading to the stock resonator and then after that a Y piece with 2x 2" freeflow boxes for the R32 rear. My question is, is it work it to take the stock resonator out and replace it with a 2.5" freeflow box?
  13. Ruan

evoms vs typhoon

Hi guys! I have a k&n typhoon on my car and have been really happy with it so far. Had a look at an evoms and it looks really impressive. Is the inner diameter of the piping bigger on the evoms? Is it overall a much better intake than the k&n?
  14. Ruan

Info regarding H&R springs

Hi guys! I'm fitting H&R's on friday morning. The salesman told me they're blue springs. Are they like the oem option? By how much will these drop my car? I have searched the web and this site....seems supersports are red or blue can't find a definitive answer?
  15. Ruan

THS FR3 mount kit

Does anyone have this installed? Our local revo dealer is selling the FR3 complete mount kit, which includes engine, trans and torque mounts. Does it help a lot?
  16. Ruan

Need urgent help with H&R springs

Hi guys! I just bought a set of H&R springs, they're for a mk5 R32. I know they'll fit my GTI but not sure on how much they'll drop the car. Has anyone on here done it before? They are red springs.
  17. Ruan

Cam follower mileage with auotech

What sort of mileage are you guys getting out of your cam followers with a HPFP upgrade? From what I have heard I have to replace the follower every 5000km or 800miles? I'm fitting an autotech pump tonight and revo 2+ software.
  18. Ruan

Revo2+

Hi guys! I have stage2 revo on my car now. I also have all other mods needed for a fully packed k03 (K&N typhoon, s3 fmic, wmi, 3" dp). I bought an autotech pump today and will be fitting it next week. How much of a difference in power is stage2+ over stage2? I'm currently on B8 T6 F9 settings...
  19. Ruan

Need help with eibach springs

I can't seem to find a eibach pro kit for the mk5, but I found one for the mk6 gti. Is the suspension basically the same between these 2 cars? Basically what i'm asking is will the mk6 eibach pro kit fit my mk5?
  20. Ruan

Throttle pipes

Hey guys! Just wanted to find out, is there a negative side to installing a bsh throttle pipe? Saying that i'm referring to airflow around the MAP sensor? I know the benefits are better throttle response, the car feels better higher up in the rev range and overall it flows more grams per second.