GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Vins25

Car is too Lean on throttle, too rich on Idle

Hi Guys, I have a 08' MK5GTI that is reading a correction on measuring block 032 : 14.6% I had my PCV replaced less than a month ago with my CAM Follower. The problem appeared as soon as I got flashed with DM and the DSG is jerky on First gear and when the car is trying to go into a full...
  2. Vins25

Will the MK6 GTI Catback fit the MK5 GTI

Hi Guys, Yes, I have already used the search button but didnt get any definitive answer. I'm getting SRS-TEC's R32 rear valance with Quad Exhaust. My question is, will the MK6 GTI catback fit my MK5 GTI knowing that they have the same downpipe? From what I read, the only problem are the...
  3. Vins25

Loss in Boost

Hey Guys, I have an '08 MK5 GTI.. I am running on an UPsolute map , with Forge DV and New Speed CAI.. Two days ago , I noticed a higher sound for my turbo and a loss in boost. I recalled that sound from when I had a leak related to my DV. After carefully looking into the engine bay , I...
  4. Vins25

R32 rear bumper with single exhaust

Hey guys , about a year ago I saw a post here of a UG GTI with a single exhaust R32 bumper. I just bought an R32 bumper and was wondering if any of you have any idea on how I can shape , create or modify the rear valence to a single exhaust instead of a dual central exhaust.:thumbsup:
  5. Vins25

Turbo making strange noise

I have an 08 GTI with an UPsolute remap and a forge dv.. When i step on the gas and remove my foot , a strange noise comes out , a noise resembling to an intake noise.. I read once about this issue but forgot the solution.. Please help guys
  6. Vins25

Removing catalyctic converters

Hey guys , i have euro spec MK5 GTI 2008.. I just want to know the pros and cons of removing the cats! Will affect fuel consumption?! Will the car "shiver"? Detailed answer is welcomed! Thanks!
  7. Vins25

Photoshop Needed!

Heyy guys , can anyone paint this car's front calender a glossy black color? Thank uuuu
  8. Vins25

Forge DV Problem

Hey guys , I have a MK5 GTI 2008 , 50.000KM till on now... Im running on an "Upsolute Chip Tuning" Map and a Forge DV.. nthg else Yesterday night , on my way home , I heard a loud air noise coming from the turbo and when i remove my foot off the gas a "pssss" sound comes on! Its the second...
  9. Vins25

MK5 GTI 2008 DSG (BWA) vs. MK5 GTI 2007 DSG (BPY)

Raced my friend the other night , drag race.. My mods : 2008 GTI BWA , Upsolute Remap + Forge DV His mods : 2007 GTI BPY , Upsolute Remap + Downpipe + no cats + K&N intake + forge dv Result : I was infront of him by a bit , the WHOLE time! So this means , BWA is better than BPY , more HP...
  10. Vins25

Need Help!:(

Hey guys , so I was doing a drag race with an 2003 BMW 330.. I was way ahead of him when a 19 year old guy jumps infront of the car.. I miss him by a miracle.. I stopped the car and pressed on the car full REVERSE! heard a woosh noise.. Each time the turbo starts to work , the woosh sound comes...
  11. Vins25

Did anyone ever buy one of those?

I want to put on some rear LED on my GTI 2 Options : 1- JOM rear LED : http://www.jom.de/products/gb/News/R...two-black.html 2- Dectane : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ZDj...eature=related Did anyone ever get any of those 2 products?
  12. Vins25

Amazing or what ?!

I know its a MK5 forum , but I just found this picture... wanted to share it with u guys:thumbup:
  13. Vins25

Photoshop needed

Hey guys , found this on my friends Facebook profile .. Was just wondering if anyone can change the BMW to GTI ;) Kinda tried , but epic fail:
  14. Vins25

Noob Question Here

My car was doing a weird "woosh" noise after I take my foot off the gas.. VAG-COM scan : ! malfunction , the dump valve is ripped , giving me a small leak.. Got the Forge Dump Valve... Now the question is , will the Forge give me this extra sound whenever I shift?(FSI DSG) or I should install a...
  15. Vins25

Rear Bumper Painting

Hey guys , I saw the new R20 , very nice car , looked closely into its rear bumper the top is the same color as the car and the lower diffuser is panoramic black or glossy black... I have a 08 GTI silver , do u guys think it would be nice the paint the upper part silver and the lower one glossy...
  16. Vins25

GTI To R32 Conversion - Build Thread

Hey guys ! Don't we all LOVE the R32 rear exhaust? and of course its front bumper with S6 LED's.. Finally my friend decided on getting them , and while he is busy getting things done properly , i'm here posting some pics of the build :thumbup: We bought the R32 front bumper with the alloy...
  17. Vins25

K&N Air Filter Fitting

Hey guys, I wanted to put a K&N air filter to my 2008 GTI , but my friends told me that the only way to install the filter is by taking the cover off.. I dont want to take the cover off:iono: , I want the car to look a bit cool when u open the hood:yikes:! So any DIYz? Ideas on how maybe cut...
  18. Vins25

Collecting GTI Pitures

Just saved picture #1700 !! Am I the only one that collects GTI pics?:lol:
  19. Vins25

Front Bumper Question

Sorry if I took this foto from this forum , but i really want to know what bumper is it. I know it is an R32 front bumper , but is the chrome part blacked out? or is it a separate part i'm gonna have to buy? And one more question , the R32 LED FOG lights , where can i find them?
  20. Vins25

Important question , I guess:p

I have a 2008 Mk5 GTI , 21XXXkm , I was checking my oil today and its plain empty! I owned 3 cars before the GTI and I have never ever seen anything like this! I usually change oil not add oil! Is this normal?and if yes can somebody explain wat is the reason after this , why does those car...