GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dddrew.

Buy extended warranty to replace AC & fans?

I have a 2009 GTI that has been out of warranty for over a year now (maybe 2). Last summer the AC stopped working. I'm pretty sure one of the radiator fans are also shot. Assuming that I need a compressor for the AC, would it be wise just to buy an extended warranty instead? I keep getting these...
  2. dddrew.

Off-Topic Thread #4!

That's what I assumed. It's sad that the owners can't put someone else in charge...
  3. dddrew.

Off-Topic Thread #4!

Any idea why golfmkv has been offline for the past week? It doesn't take more than a day to perform "maintenance" on that kind of small forum.
  4. dddrew.

dddrew.'s photo thread

Downtown_5 by dndandrea, on Flickr I decided to call this a photo thread since i don't really have a big build, but i wanted a thread that allowed me to update the status of my car and to upload pictures of my car and friends. It was a stock 09 GTI that I purchased in November of 2011. Now it's...
  5. dddrew.

Recommended PSI for 205/40 on 18x8?

What would the recommended PSI be for a slightly stretched 205/40 on a 18x8? Technically it's not even going to be stretched like you think but the recommended size is 225/40. I've never had an aftermarket set of wheels so i usually just follow what the sign says in the side of the door. The...
  6. dddrew.

FS: Replica Votex lip painted BMP

This is the highly appraised mac_tuning replica votex lip for the MKV GTI/Jetta. The lip was professionally painted by someone who works at PPG. PPG is where VW's paint comes from. It isn't cheap stuff, everything has been done the correct way since I am very picky. The paint matches perfect...
  7. dddrew.

XBOX Live 12 Month Membership

SOLD!!!!! I just sold my xbox and I never got the chance to use this. Just like from xbox to xbox360, the live membership will carry over to next gen if xbox720 or comes out within a year. This card retails for $59.99 If you pay monthly it costs around $120 for 12 months. I'm selling this...
  8. dddrew.

Forza Horizon, Borderlands 2, NBA 2k13, Fifa 13 (XBOX)

UPDATE: I just put the console on ebay so now i'm selling just the games separately. Borderlands 2: $25 Fifa 13: $25 NBA 2k13: $25 Forza Horizon (Still in plastic wrapping): $20 XBOX Live 12 month membership: $35 All games are in mint condition, no scratches, no scuffs, no fingerprints, no...
  9. dddrew.

12mo XBOX Live Membership

SOLD! This card retails for $59.99 If you pay monthly it costs around $120 for 12 months. I'm selling this for $40. (save $20) You can pay extra for me to mail it to you or you can just have me open it and PM/email you the serial number.
  10. dddrew.

O.Z. Superturismo LM teaser pics

Tried going for a different look besides the usual BBS/CCW/reps on the GTI. Probably won't be mounted for a long time since Ohio's winter takes up half of the year and it just started. Made in Italy :D Still debating on tires :iono: O.Z. Superturismo LM 1 by dndandrea, on Flickr O.Z...
  11. dddrew.

Brand new jacket + small clothes

Alright I have a bunch of clothes for sale. Most of them have never been worn, and the jacket still has all the tags on it. Everything is size small, pants are size 28. $12 for any shirt. $20 for the pants. $50 for the jacket. Buyer pays for shipping.
  12. dddrew.

Vans Era 95 Shoes (BRAND NEW)

I love the way these look and the color but they do not fit me and I have never worn them. Brand new pair of shoes looking for a new owner. Tags and everything are still attached. SIZE 8 $40 Pics:
  13. dddrew.

225/40 or 215/40 on 18x8 ET48?

Looking at getting a set of wheels that are 18x8 ET48. I'm as low as I can go on koni coilovers and I have the rear perches removed. Koni says the coilovers lower 60mm in the front and 50mm in the back. It'd be safe to assume its 60mm in front and back since the perches are removed. 60mm =...
  14. dddrew.

Painting stock side skirts & rear bumper

Anyone have any advice for me? I talked to a couple of people and they all quoted me around $500+ to do it, and i'll be supplying the paint. I figured i'd do the hard part of taking it off and sanding it down myself to cut costs. What range of sandpaper should I use? Just any coarse then move...
  15. dddrew.

WTB: 16" Steelies & Tires

Looking for 16" steel wheels and tires for my mkv gti :thumbsup:
  16. dddrew.

Slotted Rotors & Ceramic Pads vs OEM

I'm thinking about picking up ECS's slotted rotors and some Hawk ceramic pads. I was wondering if anyone had any experience that could compare these to OEM. Sure it might be an upgrade but will the rotor & pad life be higher or lesser? I don't take my car tracking or anything serious so i don't...
  17. dddrew.

WTB: Fanatec Wheel

I'm looking for a Fanatec CSR or GT2 for my XBOX if anyone has one they'd like to sell.
  18. dddrew.

Screeching Brakes (sounds like a silly question)

My car is garage kept, but every time it rains and I pull out of my driveway i get a very loud screeching noise when i apply the brakes. The first thing that comes to my mind is that the pads are wore down and the indicator is making that noise. I take a look at the pads and it looks like there...
  19. dddrew.

Is LC9Z the same as Z4Z4?

Z4Z4 = Black Magic Metallic LC9Z = Black Magic Pearl the above is based on the research i've found online. I always thought there were a couple different black's used on the GTI but maybe im just getting Deep Black and Black Magic mixed up because the dealership told me Z4Z4 = LC9Z. I just...
  20. dddrew.

iPhone 4 16gb - $199 (UNLOCKED)

I bought two iphone 5s for my dad and I just like when I bought these 2 iphone 4s I had. I already sold mine for $300 and now i'm selling his for $199. The screen has a small crack that does NOT affect the actual display. The phone works like new, has iOS6 installed, and it can be unlocked if...