GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

2007 Black Magic DSG 112k

SOLD
  2. L

P2177 grrr

Reaching my personal point of diminishing returns with the 11 year old whip. +21% ltft (-1.4% idle) popped a CEL this weekend. Have had a BSH intake for years without issue, although I believe LTFT has always been a little high. Guess I should check g/s of MAF before ruling that out? Then...
  3. L

Fiscon with Premium 7

Is it worth it to purchase the Fiscon blue tooth unit for the Premium 7 headunit? Or should I got with the Parrot kit? Anyone have experiences with both? Looking for Blue tooth phone capability and maybe music streaming over blue tooth. Does the Fiscon integrate with the steering wheel...
  4. L

Driver door sensor?

Had the issue for a while now. I have my driver door open and the car doesn't recognize that it's open. MFD shows that the door is closed when it is fully open. Car will also auto lock even with the driver door open, after 15 seconds or so. Is this a lock issue or possible the wiring running...
  5. L

WTB: Headlight washer covers

Want to buy those little bumper covers that sit on the headlight washers, preferably black magic pearl. Thank you!
  6. L

Rotted out shark fin gasket

I just noticed that the shark fin antenna seal/gasket is in pieces. Anyone sell the gasket on its own?
  7. L

decent led amber bulbs?

Anyone had good luck with LED amber tail turn signals? I have a conversion that darcness did for my tails with amber turn signals, but the bulb isn't exactly bright. Have had a few people honk from behind when I make a turn, I'm assuming they can't see my signal. I'm thinking LED with built in...
  8. L

Rear defroster not working

What are the possible causes of my rear defroster not working? I think, although I'm not positive, that it started years ago when I had my windows tinted. The rear was done poorly so I had it replaced. They broke a conductive strip/line (whatever they're called) towards the middle of the window...
  9. L

G28/p1093

I was plugging along around 60 mph on the highway and gave it about 75% throttle, causing the car to jerk, sputter and then smooth out. CEL popped up. I initially thought misfire, but the codes say no. Happened a couple more times when I gave it moderate throttle on the way home, and it was a...
  10. L

Pink stripe axle bolt

Is the new 12 or 'pink stripe' axle bolt 200 nm + 90 degrees? Swapped in a new raxle this weekend. The bolt that came in box was labeled with that torque, which I assumed was a mistake. I torqued to 70 nm + 90 degrees. I was standing on my 18" breaker to get the last bit. I contacted raxle and...
  11. L

P2181

Alright. I have a recurring P2181, engine cooling performance malfunction. Freeze frame shows the CEL triggered at 74 celsius, which according to ross tech wiki means it is likely the thermostat. Any thoughts? I don't know which temperature reading is which in the scan. First engine outlet...
  12. L

Denver wheels

Set of 17x7 Denver wheels. Tires are toast in my opinion, but not to wear bars yet. Obvious curb rash on them. No bends, cracks, etc. 200$ pick up only, near Baltimore, MD I'm not willing to ship.
  13. L

Rear hatch harness replacement

I'm going to be tackling the rear hatch wiring harness this weekend. Seems my solder has failed after attempting a repair of wires where they enter hatch. What would be best to attach harness to the LED high center brake light? Solder/shrink wrap, butt connectors or crimp? Edit: If anyone...
  14. L

Low offset wheels/lug bolt wrench

Just put on a set of bbs vz, with 37 mm offset. Needless to stay, the lug bolt wrench that is in trunk isn't deep enough to get at lug bolts now. Anyone have an easy solution besides carrying a deep well socket and wrench? Do they make a 17 mm male to 17 mm female deep socket so I can keep the...
  15. L

Diversity antenna/hatch wiring harness

Is it safe to assume that our cars do have the diversity antenna in rear glass? Time to replace my hatch wiring harness and ECS tuning specifically states their harness is specific for diversity antenna. Soldered damn hatch wires once already and they're failing again.
  16. L

Normal plugs at 45 miles?

These normal plugs? Buddy told me that the deposits looks excessive, I have no clue. One or two had a little oil around crush washer, maybe valve cover gasket? Thanks!
  17. L

Ecs cam follower kit oe?

Found a kit that includes o-ring, fuel pump bolts and cam follower on ecs for $50. It says follower is manufactured by INA. Is this an oe supplier or should I look for genuine vw/audi? http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2609354/?gclid=CPKrzfjQ48ECFVNk7Aod1ysAhQ
  18. L

WTB: Front bumper and lip

Wife ripped off my bumper and damaged the lip in a parking garage yesterday. Most mounting tabs are snapped, so I need a new one. Would prefer bmp painted, but I'll take an unpainted one just the same. Prefer local to Maryland, but if you're willing to ship, let me know.
  19. L

Techie computer question

I think I have bad ram on a laptop. I ran at least 12 passes with memtest and I kept getting the same error in the memory. From what I've found online, the ram is soldered to the board. Can the ram be swapped or am I looking at a whole new mb/laptop? Asus zenbook ux31 series. I was having...
  20. L

Hatch wiring fail

Rear wiper failed on me this week. I like to use it, particularly in the winter so I'm not going to delete it. Fuse was fine. Opened hatch and pulled down rubber housing to fine this beauty. I think I will solder it, see how it lasts and replace entire harness if necessary. Thanks vw for the design.