GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 0

Odd indicator on MFD

Where the time and direction appear, there's an orange circle with two dashed parentheses around it that keeps popping up. Can you guys help?
  2. 0

Source for a used ECU?

I need to replace the ECU on my 07. Where's a good place to get a used one? Do DSG cars use a different part number?
  3. 0

4 Michelin Pilot Exaltos 225/45/17

These probably have about 5,000 miles of wear left on them. $80 and feel free to ask any questions. Thanks
  4. 0

Buzzing/pulsing from glovebox area

Wondering if anyone knows what this could be. Today, while backing out of a parking space, there was a mechanical buzzing/pulsing sound that started. I was turning the steering wheel to the left. It comes right from the glovebox area. Advice appreciated.
  5. 0

Cheap and effective mods

Can you guys recommend mods that are relatively inexpensive, yet produce an excellent result? I'm talking less than $200. Thanks
  6. 0

Did VW lose money on MKV GTI's?

Curious, thought I read it somewhere. Quality of it seems more like a 30k plus car. Didn't it take a lot longer to build than an MK6?
  7. 0

Vinyl wrap rear wing?

Anyone wrapped the rear wing in DiNoc CF?
  8. 0

Track day on street tires?

Anyone done one on regular performance tires? As opposed to something like Star Specs or Ecsta XS? I've got some Pilot Exalto's and wondering how they'd hold up.
  9. 0

Audi/VW fuel injector cleaner

Picked up a bottle from ECS, about $4. Car feels much better, smoother and more responsive. It could be placebo effect but I'd recommend trying some.
  10. 0

Removing stickers

Have a dealer sticker I want to remove- problem is it's been on there for 5 years now. What's the safe way to do this?
  11. 0

Just got 39 mpg on a highway trip

Oh what a feeling! 56 mph for 150 miles.
  12. 0

Classix center caps

Is there any way to get a polished finish on them?
  13. 0

Chugging and surging at idle

I searched, wondering what your guys best guess is for this. About a week ago the car started getting a lumpy idle. Then when I put the car in park, the engine surges to about 1200 rpm then calms down. What's going on? PCV?
  14. 0

Anyone use metal mesh?

Was thinking this stuff could be cool used somewhere in the front grill or maybe the fog vents. http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1866620/?utm_source=emailcampaign&utm_medium=marketing&utm_content=retail&utm_campaign=UniversalTubing_rES1866620
  15. 0

Need vag-com near Winchester, VA

Doing a dsg fluid change, could use one.
  16. 0

WTB- DSG fill tool

Might make my own but would rather have the factory one.
  17. 0

Help cleaning upholstery

Spilled some metal polish on my plaid seats. Got most of it out but need advice on how to get the seats really clean.
  18. 0

I love my GTI

I fantasize about getting a new car, a new 5.0 or STI (can't anyway) but this car is just so damn good. It handles well and feels like such a solid piece, functionally I can't fault it. The paint also cleans up real nice and it looks better than most cars in this price range. That's my GTI...
  19. 0

Trouble closing door

Tried searching. Unless I slam it hard, my door doesn't close all the way. Sort of like it's hanging or something. Is there a simple fix?
  20. 0

Springs that won't mess up geometry?

I searched, couldn't find what I was looking for. I've heard lowering springs can mess up the geometry on our cars- I want to keep stock shocks- should I just get H&R OE's or would the sports be okay?