GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

WTB: Badgeless Jetta Grill

Hello. I'm looking for a badgeless Jetta grill. My hood was re-sprayed by a body shop not too long ago and it's beginning to rust - they have a lifetime warranty on their paint so I figured this'd be a great excuse to fill the "gap" and go badgeless up front. PM me with what you've got!
  2. M

ABS / ESP fail - "01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64)"

Hello, I was on my way to Wendy's when suddenly my traction nanny dropped-dead. I was left to fend for myself in the slippery winter MN roads :( I did a VCDS scan and got the following: Monday,23,January,2012,19:01:15:00939 VCDS Version: Release 11.11.1 (x64) Address 03...
  3. M

Gear list

I was updating my Flickr profile and laughed for a good-long while after completing my "gear list", so it's inspired me to start a thread: ----------------- *Gear List* ----------------- Canon EOS 1D Mark III Sigma 20mm f/1.8 Canon 35mm f/1.4 L Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Sigma 70mm f/2.8 Macro Sigma 85mm...
  4. M

Macroroni

Post some goddamn macro pictures. Here's some pins and needles: Untitled by Erik Lauritsen, on Flickr Pinheads by Erik Lauritsen, on Flickr My stinky eye-ball Your turn, sir.
  5. M

valve cover seal - blown

Rollin' home the other day, I smelt the unmistakable "blue-sweet" smell of oil, expensive oil, cooking on my engine. I opened the hood to find a puddle all around my valve cover seal. The car has 105,000 miles on it (2.0T FSI) - is this pretty usual? I did some googling and I guess a new seal...
  6. M

First time car-shoot

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12276287@N05/sets/72157627542609229/ Any pointers? (view the 10-image set using this link^^^) Untitled by Erik Lauritsen, on Flickr Untitled by Erik Lauritsen, on Flickr Untitled by Erik Lauritsen, on Flickr
  7. M

Carwash (w/ pics!)

Herroh. This is not specific to VW (thus why it's in the off-topic section) but... Beh, enough words: Peek: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12276287@N05/sets/72157627649290504/ Untitled by Erik Lauritsen, on Flickr
  8. M

Problems after some cleanup

I have a 2.0T FSI w/ Revo stage 1 91 octane. I cleaned my engine up a little bit using a garden hose and some Dawn (done it before and it was not a problem), cleaned my K&N air filter and re-oiled, and re-installed my BSH PCV Stage 1 block off (had been running OEM Rev D PCV all winter) Now...
  9. M

Lens Baby

I wanted a cheap-ass swing/tilt lens, so I settled for the Lens Baby composer. It's really not a tilt lens since it doesn't tilt the focal plane... it rather selects the focal spot... see: Quick pic I took of my home-dawg shinin' up a turbo There's no longer a perpendicular focal plane, but...
  10. M

Motor shot? 130 PSI across the board...

I did a compression test on my 2.0T FSI the other day and I pulled about 130 PSI across the board. 128, 131, 128, 128. Now, this is a 10.5:1 CR motor so I expected to see HIGH 190s or 200s... Is this correct? We did this by pulling all the coils and all the plugs and putting the tester in one...
  11. M

My car pictures suck - help me

Hello! I got into photography about a year and a half ago with the intention of shooting cars. Well, I took a few of my car over the months and have never been happy. You may have seen in another thread that I have a ton of camera gear - and I do, but I didn't always have it... i've been...
  12. M

dirty-ass hoopdee

Been away for a LONG time - lease is almost up and i'm thinking about buying it out. not sure though. Rollin' the Racelands through the winter - been OK so far - I tremble when I drive over the tall snow/ice patches in fast-food drive thus as my chassis scrapes horrendously... :( Good to be...
  13. M

WTB: Wheel spacers

I have Classix on my Jetta and would like a set of 10mm (or whatever's appropriate) to get a bit more "poke" Let me know what you've got, Paypal ready. thanks.
  14. M

o2 sensor code... help!

I had a solid CEL that did not clear itself for a long time - it has come several times and there has been heavy rain so I am chalking it up to an electrical problem. Here it is: Tuesday,08,June,2010,12:57:48:00939 VCDS Version: Release 908.2 Address 01: Engine Labels...
  15. M

VCDS - last "good" version

I recently purchased a netbook and intentionally installed XP instead of Win7 because I remember that the last "good" version of VCDS was not fully compatible with Win7. Which version of VCDS allows for "TURBO" using the Micro CAN interface? The current ones will display a dialog stating that...
  16. M

FMIC on the cheep

I was looking through my buddies garage the other day and a nice, small bar-and-plate FMIC caught my eye. He said he "can get cores just like that for $50 on eBay and they're great..." Would it be a terribly bad idea to attempt making a homebrew FMIC, instead of spending hundreds on the same...
  17. M

I bought used tires from a friend...

I bought a used set of Eagle F1 tires (224,45 - R 17) from a friend to replace my Eagle GT tires for the summer (wanted something I could burn through and go back to my GTs for the winter) They were run on a 6.5" 17 wheel for a while and had to be over-inflated to fit properly, so there is lots...
  18. M

air filter size

Hello. As many of you know, the VF intake (while having a beautiful, seamless "stick") comes with a dwarf sized K&N filter. Just for giggles, I cleaned up my buddies "Spectre" air filter, a giant ball of electrical tape (to act as a reducer for the tiny intake "stick") and put it on my car...
  19. M

"Parts4Euro" LED tail lights

Parts4Euro has the Jetta LED "Euro" tail lights on their site and eBay for $200 shipped. Does anyone have experience with these? Is this a reputable seller? For the money, I expect that these are cheap knock offs.... Should I give it a try?
  20. M

WTB: 24mm solid (or similar) RSB

I want a 24mm solid RSB. I'd prefer greased fittings, but whatever. I wanna pay under $200, or however much you want :) Shoot me a PM and we'll talk bidness.