GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. sethdude

FS: OEM Roof Rack Cross Bars

SOLD.
  2. sethdude

FS: Unibrace UB

For sale is my Unibrace UB in red. It has some scratches on it from gravel road usage, but is 100% structurally sound. $250 local pick-up, $275 shipped.
  3. sethdude

Back in a Silver GTI!

I missed my GTI, so I bought another one:
  4. sethdude

No more GTI

So, I traded my GTI in on this today: 2009 BMW 328i Xdrive. Premium and Sport package. Heated steering wheel, dual power sports seats with driver memory, auto w/paddle shift, wood accents, moonroof, Homelink w/coming home, bluetooth, etc. No iDrive. I'm looking forward to enjoying this...
  5. sethdude

2007 GTI to 2009 330i Xdrive Coupe

I've been considering getting out of the GTI for a while now, even though it's the best car Ive ever owned. Just need something different. I've been driving lots of various Audis, VWs, Saabs (9-2x "Saaburu", and Volvos lately looking for something, and nothing felt right. Just dull. Today...
  6. sethdude

MkV GTI to B6 Passat?

I am considering selling my 2007 FSI GTI package 2 DSG and getting a 2010 B6 TSI Wagon. Have any of you made this same trade, and if so, what are your impressions? I really love the GTI, but want something a bit bigger and roomy for taking roadtrips with my wife and dogs. I am quite aware of the...
  7. sethdude

My car just told me the tail light was burned out.

Do I: a) replace it myself for next to nothing b) come on here and complain, threatening to sell the car because I'm sick of dealing with these issues. c) Plastidipp the old bulb d) buy an Audi S3 tail light bulb and replace it with that instead? But seriously, it is pretty cool that...
  8. sethdude

Harbor Freight Buffer/Polisher

is on sale at Harbor Freight retail stores for $29.99 with a coupon. This is the Porter Cable ripoff, and works great. I got one today, and my Fast is grateful.
  9. sethdude

HPFP/ Cam Follower Help

I replaced my fuel filter and checked my cam follower today (at 40K miles, it's finally showing wear). This is my first time checking the cam follower, and getting to it was simple enough. My problem is, now that I've reassembled the fuel pump assembly, I'm having a hard time getting the...
  10. sethdude

Imposter Denvers?

So, I bought my car with curbed Denvers, and bought a set of slightly used "Denvers" for $400 with tires. Anyhow, the wheels have been sitting in the garage for months, looking like stock Denvers with the stock Continentals on them. Yesterday, I had to swap out one of the wheels due to a...
  11. sethdude

Going to the shop

So, my 2007 DSG Package 2 with 37000 miles is going to the shop on Friday to get the coils replaced (recall) and have the mechatronic checked/replaced (I'd bet my bottom dollar on the latter). Is there anything else I should request they do at this time? I do most of the maintenance myself, so...
  12. sethdude

vs. 80-year-old woman

So, I was on my way to work the other day, in the left lane of a boulevard in the #1 position at a stoplight. To my right was an 80-ish year-old in a Hyundai XG350. Knowing I would need to make a right within a block, I decided that I would gas past the elderly woman when the light changed, no...