GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

FS (NY): OEM Parts

Hey guys, some of you may remember me, although I'm sure most of the people on here are newer members. I left the forum about three years ago when I sold my MKV GTI after two awesome years of ownership. When I was cleaning out my house I found some stock parts I forgot I had. I'm looking to get...
  2. R

FS NY: Yokohama S.Drives

Hey everyone, I'm probably a stranger to most of you by now. I was a very active VW enthusiast back when I had my MKV GTI. Some of you "old-timers" on here may remember me, but I'm sure many of you will have no clue who I am anymore. I left the VW world when I moved up north and bought my...
  3. R

Stock turbo?

Well I don't know how many people here will remember my presence on the site, but I owned my MKV GTI for two years before I got rid of it. The reason I came back on is I am having a brain fart and have a question. I was having a conversation with someone about the GTI earlier, and they asked me...
  4. R

Why do people bash VTEC?

Ive always wondered why people slam VTEC so hard. When you think about it, Honda isnt the only company using VTEC. VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) is a technology a lot of companies use now. Hell, snowmobile, jetski, quad manufactures have turned to variable valves also...
  5. R

New whip... SOLD the GTI

As many of you may know, I was selling the GTI for a Legacy Spec.B. Anyways, picked her up yesterday and am having a BLAST with it. Handles like a dream, I do however miss the gobs of torque down low from my stage 2 GTI... that will all change though once I chip the Spec.B. Anyways, here are...
  6. R

Selling the GTI

Its official, I left the dealership the other day, got all my payments figured out and everything. Also took the car for a drive and loved it. Im waiting for the buyer of my car to have his loan approved and should have it sold by next week. Anyways, I dont want to see the GTI go, but because I...
  7. R

Funny clunk/clank?

Well, my car sits pretty low on patec coils. A few months ago I started getting this clunk at a low speed when turning inparking lots. It was a deep clunking thats the best way to describe it. Also, over chatter bumps and stuff i get a clanking repeatedly from the front. One of my friends said...
  8. R

FS: 2006 2door 6speed New York

2006 GTI 2 door, Black Magic, 6speed manual, Package 0, 56,xxx miles $14,000 REVO Stage 2 ATP Downpipe GHL Catback Patec Coils Neuspeed Intake Upgraded Forge DV NewSouth column mounted boost gauge Monster mats Tints 12" Memphis Audio subwoofer Avic D3 headunit
  9. R

GTI Value

Well, as some of you may have read, this summer I'm probably going to sell the GTI and go for a Legact GT Spec.B. Well anyways, I know you really doubt get much money back on mods at all (especially not if you trade in,) but im probably going to look to sell the GTI privately, hopefuly someone...
  10. R

GTI, Legacy GT Spec.B, or MKIV Jetta

Well im kind of in a bind here. I came up to Maine a year ago for school. My GTI has its mods listed in my sig, but as you can read i'm on coils. Turned all the way up the car is still way to low for the Maine roads. Ive been lookin at getting a beater for up here though. Ive been seriously...
  11. R

GTI not happy in snow :(

Well I took a drive from Campus to our vacation house. I wasn't sure what condition our driveway would be in. Its a little over 1/4 mile long uphill, and the bottom was a little snowy. Well I got a little stuck on the first section but made it alright, cleared the hill and it was a snowy...
  12. R

More ink...

Well my friend was going to get some work done, and he was looking at my leg while sitting in the shop. His artist comes up and notices the fast on my leg. She was telling me how her BF works for VW and she really liked what I had done. We started talking about how I want to start a leg piece...
  13. R

In a little hick town!

Well, I do go to school in Maine. A lot of people stereotype Maine as being the boondocks where people are missing teeth and smell bad. It really isnt (although being from NY, it is quite a huge change/culture shock), except for this which may prove other wise. Some friends and I were driving on...
  14. R

S5 in the boonies

Well I spoted an S5 driving a few weeks back which shocked me considering I go to school in Maine where the roads suck and everyone owns trucks (just look at the trucks next to it lol). Well the past few days I noticed it parks in the same spot. The car has gotta be a dealer car as it has no...
  15. R

MKV "Big wheel/cartoon" images

Does anyone know where I can find the big wheel like cartoon images of a MKV? Like the one of the GTI posted below.
  16. R

Finished Fast tattoo

Well about a year ago I got the fast done (which some of you may have seen.) Then after that i had some other work done. Now I decided to add onto the fast to finish my leg. I know a handful off people will like it and a bunch wont, but whatever. Heres the fast from last year: The ones from...
  17. R

Saw this in town also, MORE AMG content

I dont know whats with the ugly AMGs ive been seeing recently. Heres another I saw parked in town that was effed with and looked horrible!
  18. R

Saw this in town, S63

Well I saw this parked in town on my way in today. Not a fan of the Borbets on it though, and he had his snows mounted on them.
  19. R

Got bored... 3 series material

Got bored late last night and decided to play around in photoshop....
  20. R

Memphis Audio 12" Power Reference Sub

Well I took one sub out of my car a little while ago. Im in a bind now and need some $ so im looking to sell it. Its a Memphis Audio Power Reference 12" sub. Its in great condition. 250/500 watts peak RMS and dual voice coils. Honestly, Im not an audio guy and I really dont know much about this...